365 Challenge: Day 240 – Vote

Vote: formal indication of a choice between two or more candidates or courses of action, expressed typically through a ballot or a show of hands or by voice

As with 100% of all my other posts, I don’t usually discuss politics on my blog. I’m not going to today either, but I will encourage everyone to vote today in the US. Our ancestors fought hard for it. It can make a difference down the line. You have some level of control and power. To keep this light and friendly, today’s 365 Daily Challenge word is vote but for three (3) different reasons:

1. It’s Election Day in the USA, so please do your best to vote.
  2. Thank you to everyone who wrote in my book for the Goodreads 2017 Choice Awards. Round 2 kicked off today and unfortunately, I did not receive enough votes to get added to any of the 20 categories. It was truly an honor to hear from so many friendly bloggers who told me they nominated me or even pushed me to throw a post out there to notify everyone it was even an option. That said, please be sure to check out Round 2 on Goodreads and VOTE for your favorite books.
  3. About ten days ago in my post on ‘Tea’ we had a sort-of-vote on which types of tea I should try. I promised to compile the responses together, which I’ve done both in the original post as an update (click Tea to see it), but I’ve also listed them all below. I will try a few over the next couple of weeks and let you know what I thought. Thank you to everyone for such great responses. You are all awesome!

Types of Tea Suggested to Me

Brands: Yogi, Celestial Seasons, Lipton, Traditional Medicinals, Tazo, Harney & Sons, Grace Tea, Rishi, The Tea Spot, Teapigs, Piccadilly Circus, Jackson’s of Piccadilly (I might have confused a brand with a store here, sorry!)

• Orange Pekoe
  • Peppermint
  • Jasmine Green
  • Earl Grey

19 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 240 – Vote

kerrymckim said:
    November 7, 2017 at 11:08 AM

I am doing last minute research on the Props in NY because I haven’t been paying attention. Oops.

AJ said:
    November 7, 2017 at 1:48 PM

Hmm maybe I’ll make it my mission to try some of those teas too! They sound so good:)

November 7, 2017 at 4:41 PM

I was just over on Goodreads looking to see if your book made it into the semi finals right before reading this post. I hate that it didn’t make it in!! Good luck with trying all those teas!!

November 7, 2017 at 4:46 PM

Thank you! I was a bit disappointed and tried to figure out which 5 made it in. I thought it might make me feel better if they had hundreds of reviews more than me. It was a very minimal chance.. my book was out for 1 of 12 months and is just starting to get noticed. The others were probably for the whole year! I appreciate it.

November 7, 2017 at 5:01 PM

I voted! Gee- too bad you didn’t get any tea options…don’t know what you are going to do…..

Atwood Cutting said:
    November 8, 2017 at 2:11 PM

I thought you said you weren’t going to be blogging for a few breaths…yet here you are, filling us in on the tallies. I trust you are happy with your energetic approach to social media. I must rest long and often, as I literally swim with the silver surfers. Keep it up, my fearless friend.

November 8, 2017 at 2:20 PM

Ha. I’m trying to stay offline so I can write this week!!! Lol

November 12, 2017 at 2:49 AM

Winter spice and Russian Caravan are on my list and I must check those out! I can’t have caffeine, which limits me on voting, but Detox is wonderful. Night time and Relax by Pukka are staples right now… Yogi’s Egyptian Licorice is another fave. 💕😊

Sad the book didn’t make it, but with it being so late in the year, that’s probably why. It certainly deserves to be up there IMO. I’m a little over half way now. 😁

November 12, 2017 at 7:20 AM

The Russian Caravan sounds interesting. I like flavorful ones. I appreciate the kind words. :). Xoxo

November 17, 2017 at 3:57 PM

We both voted early. The early voting location is near the house and the local bond election was concerning the local college.