365 Challenge: Day 253 – Walk (RYDER RANT)

Walk: a little jaunt around the neighborhood to help keep me trim

walk

No, that’s not me in the pic — just another shiba inu

It’s been quite a weekend, I tell ya. I’ve been on 3 walks in the last 3 days. I guess they mean business. I went to the groomer on Friday and had a nice long walk back and forth. Dad 2 took me on Saturday all around the neighborhood, then Dad 1 took me on Sunday before they went to the movies to see ‘Murder on the Orient Express.’ I would have liked to go, but the movie theatre doesn’t allow my kind there. How rude! I heard they liked the movie (nothing too great), but wow, did Dad 1 complain about the price of the tickets. They went to a 12:20 showing and each ticket was $19. He mumbled something about remembering when it was $7 as a child; wow, he’s older than I thought! Anyhoo… they forgot to bring me home popcorn. I was not pleased. I did enjoy my walks, but I am getting older, too. I get a little lazy after 15 minutes and prefer to stare into people’s windows. Dad doesn’t like it because he thinks I’m being nosy. He really just doesn’t want people thinking he’s staring inside, too.

The groomer was OK. My paw hurts now from getting my nails clipped. I’m walking with a bit of a limp as a result. I’m not sure if they clipped too closely or held my leg too tightly, but it’s a bit sore. I also think I am getting a cold as my nose is a little runny today. I’ve slept in bed (their bed, to be precise) until 9 every day for the last week. They’re usually up by 7:30 and so they worried I might be sick. I think I’m OK, but I know Dad 1 keeps coming over to check my nose, rub my head and cuddle. Maybe he’s not so bad after all, what do you think? They keep telling me no treats and wow, they’ve been sticking to it. I haven’t gotten any of their dinner in over a week. I got a cracker and a carrot one day, but that’s it! Maybe that’s why I am sick… not enough good food. They promise I’ll get some on Thanksgiving, but that feels like FOREVER!

We worked on addressing Christmas cards yesterday. Or to be precise, Dad 2 worked on Christmas cards. I just stamped them all when he was done. Dad 1 doesn’t have time for that right now, nor is he thinking about the holidays yet. He’s got a few more days on this book blog tour and then he can settle down again. He’s getting a bit repetitive and grumpy about it, too. I know he loves it, but he feels like he needs to talk about something else so as not to bore everyone. He told me he’ll finish book 2, Father Figure, this week and do a final read through before it goes out to the beta readers. That sounds fun… but he also said there weren’t any doppelgangers for me in this book. How rude!

I need a nap. Have a lovely Thanksgiving week and please say hello to all my pet friends. -Ryder

39 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 253 – Walk (RYDER RANT)

tylerus said:
    November 20, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Aww, I’m sorry to hear you’re hurting. I hope the pain passes soon. 😦 And here’s to you getting some super nummy (deserved) treats for Thanksgiving. Have a joyous one, Ryder and Dads! 🙂

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    November 20, 2017 at 9:59 AM

Oh, Poor Ryder! You rest up so you can enjoy Thanksgiving with your two awesome Dads!🤗

rugby843 said:
    November 20, 2017 at 10:07 AM

Of course big a grandma, I’m a little worried about you. Runny noses shouldn’t be taken lightly. Hope you’re better soon and have some delicious treats soon.

November 20, 2017 at 7:46 PM

I appreciate the worries – I think I’m on the mend tonight. Great posts today, I looked at some, but still have to finish reading a few

rugby843 said:
        November 20, 2017 at 10:33 PM

I’m glad you’re better. Snuggling ling up to your dad’s might help

tahenryauthoress said:
    November 20, 2017 at 10:27 AM

Sounds like he’s still eating well. The Runny nose shouldn’t be too serious.

November 20, 2017 at 7:45 PM

He is better tonight, running around with his toys. A few sniffles, but growing for play and food! 🙂 Thank you.

November 20, 2017 at 10:40 AM

Hey Ryder, it’s me, Murph! Mama only allows me on social media, on Mondays, to read your posts. She says that I am too young to to spend my days in front of the computer!

I wanted to read Dad 1’s book, for she had her nose in it for hours this weekend, but she said I was way to young for some if his ‘romantic’ scenes! Tell Dad to tone it down! I don’t get to do anything fun!

I hope they leave the cupboard door open so you can borrow a few treats. Sorry about the diet!

Woof!
    Talk soon,
    Murph

November 20, 2017 at 10:41 AM

And by the way, sorry about the typos! If someone could make a keyboard fit for a dog!

November 20, 2017 at 7:44 PM

I can always send you one. I keep a few copies for friends. And I’ll come by to take some food. I heard you are sending me some!

November 20, 2017 at 7:51 PM

Sorry Pal, it is not food. Mama said no treats and that it was for your own health and wellness! I think you will still like your gift! 💙🐶

November 20, 2017 at 10:55 AM

Oh no I’m sorry you are hurting Ryder I hope you get to feeling better really soon. I hope you and your dads have a happy Thanksgiving and you be sure to make them give you some treats on Thanksgiving cause you definitely deserve some after all you’ve been through lately!!

November 20, 2017 at 7:43 PM

I will get some treats. If not, they will not like what I do to the leftovers! 🙂 Thank you for caring about me.

misifusa said:
    November 20, 2017 at 11:35 AM

Ryder, I’m sorry to hear you are hurting. Big smooches to you pup! And tell them you deserve a treat because 3 days of walking deserves a special treat! You can’t go ahem cold turkey so easily! 🙂

Patty said:
    November 20, 2017 at 11:54 AM

Man Ryder has had a rough week. Give him extra cuddles!

November 20, 2017 at 7:37 PM

yes, he’s already pushing for Greek dinner… but he’s not getting it!

Patty said:
        November 20, 2017 at 9:32 PM

Awww come on! Don’t be that way! 😉

Beware Of The Reader said:
    November 20, 2017 at 12:22 PM

I so loved this James! I’m a dog owner and one of the best books was The Art of Racing in the Rain. Told from the dog’s POV it was full of wisdom and sensitivity. Thank you for mkjing me smile on this gloomy day.

November 20, 2017 at 7:36 PM

I’m glad I could make you smile. Sounds like a cute book. I watched a TV show from the perspective of a dog earlier this year, but it was canceled 😦

Stephanie said:
    November 20, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Poor Ryder! Rest up so you feel better! Get lots of love from Dad 1 and ask him to give you a special hug from me ❤ I hope you get plenty of treats on Thanksgiving 🤗

November 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM

oh poor ryder! i feel you! i hope you‘re better now! and look forward to thanksgiving! a lot of treats there 🤗

November 20, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Oh no Ryder feel better soon! I know how you feel I went for a run this morning and nearly died! It wasn’t fun! 😣

RhapsodyBoheme said:
    November 21, 2017 at 1:18 AM

Woof, you had quite a week my friend and you better rest up and get well. Heaven forbid you get worse and feel too sick to have some delicious Thanksgiving meal. I know you’d probably scarf it down anyways, but just imagine how much more enjoyable it will be if you are well.
    Oh man, I’m sorry about the paws and the limp. I hope that too is getting better in a heartbeat. I’m glad you are in good hand Ryder. Have a great week.

November 21, 2017 at 8:01 AM

Aww! Rough trip to the groomers, Ryder! I hope your paw feels better soon and you kick the cold. Maybe you could use some vitamin C! 😊😘🐕

November 21, 2017 at 7:43 PM

Sorry Ryder. I stole your popcorn. And I thought the movie was just ok too. He’s no David suchet, but I enjoyed the ride…..ha ha….get it….cause it’s on a 🚂…..

Kristin said:
    November 30, 2017 at 2:38 PM

Poor Ryder! I hope you feel better.