365 Challenge: Day 254 – Glutton

Glutton: an excessively greedy eater

glotton

Thanksgiving is at the forefront of my mind today for a few reasons. It’s this week. It’s my favorite holiday. I am thankful for all the book reviews and ratings, which led to a special announcement on my author website (2018 GLASS Family Short Story Collection) for today’s final blog tour post. After I published the post, which I’ve been planning for a while, I kept thinking… “Jay, you’re glutton for punishment.” Seriously, I keep taking on more and more without any real desire or intelligence to stop myself. That said… being a glutton is usually associated with over-eating too much… and for many of us, that’s coming down the pike, barreling 60+ mph in less than 48 hours. It’s TURKEY day… well, I mean Thanksgiving, in the USA. I’ll post more about that on Thursday, but for today…

The 365 Daily Challenge word is glutton because that’s how I feel already this week with everything going on in my life. I am gluttonous over being thankful and grateful for everyone’s support. I was gluttonous last night drinking an entire bottle of champagne toasting for all the successes this month. As a reminder to myself, I will not be gluttonous on Thursday when I eat the big holiday meal. I’m cooking… all the trimmings. My mom and W will help, but I usually prefer to keep busy in the kitchen preparing food. Even at holiday parties in the past where I’m the host, W is out entertaining and I stay in the kitchen. That’s where the shyness really comes in, even with my own friends. W is a good cook too, but I prefer to hide so it’s a fair balance.

Anyways… as a lead-in to Thanksgiving this week, I’m throwing out 365 words to keep in our heads as we celebrate. Monday was ‘walk’ because Ryder’s been eating too much and had to get some exercise (which we should all do after dinner on Thursday). Last Saturday was ‘bounce’ because if you eat too much, you’ll probably bounce right out of the house where you’re having the meal. Today is ‘glutton’ because you don’t want to be known as that guest or host who eats so much that they get sick. Any guesses as to tomorrow’s word? You can be sure it will have something to do with Thanksgiving and probably a bit embarrassing… see you soon!

29 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 254 – Glutton

November 21, 2017 at 9:14 AM

Did you down an entire bottle of champagne AGAIN?!? No wonder you were gluttonous! lol You totally deserve the celebration, though! Looking forward to tomorrow’s 365 word and a snippet of your Thanksgiving party!!

November 21, 2017 at 9:23 AM

yes one last week, the one this week…. but I’m done! It’s holiday season, I need to behave! 🙂

November 21, 2017 at 10:27 AM

The word will probably be cornucopia I bet cause you’re weird like that 😛

November 21, 2017 at 10:28 AM

ha! I hadn’t thought of that one, but it’s a good word!!!!!!!!

November 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM

Haha you’re welcome! I guess that makes me weirder than you 😛

November 21, 2017 at 10:29 AM

I agree, but you said it.

November 21, 2017 at 10:30 AM

HAHAHA Good answer

dray0308 said:
    November 21, 2017 at 10:32 AM

Reblogged this on Dream Big, Dream Often.

November 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM

hahaha one bottle? you rock! 😂 well you have to celebrate! and in germany there is a saying: „gönn dir!“ it basically means: treat yourself 😉
    i hope you have a great thanksgiving party and i am soooo excited about the short story collection 😍

November 21, 2017 at 1:53 PM

Yes, I’m bad with champagne. I quit drinking soda years ago but I miss the carbonation. Now I drink seltzer all day Long and champagne at dinner. Lol

Thank you. It will be a fun holiday. I’ll get a break. Stay off writing for the weekend too. I love the German saying. I plan to get to Germany soon to check out all the villages my ancestors come from!

Me too on the stories. I outlined Ethan’s story in my head while on the elliptical machine at the gym earlier today.

November 21, 2017 at 2:58 PM

haha, you’re doing it right! 😂

yay! that should be very exciting for you! germany is pretty, well at least some parts 😂🙈

your brain never stops working right? 😂

November 21, 2017 at 3:53 PM

No, it’s awful. I don’t know how to calm it or relax. Even on a beach or when sleeping.

November 22, 2017 at 2:49 AM

hmm but that’s not good! you should try listening to music

November 21, 2017 at 3:11 PM

Excited to read more about the Glass family. A whole bottle of champagne? How did you not get sick? Congrats on all your successes this year. Have a most wonderful Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2017 at 3:54 PM

Thank you, Janet. I did… I tend to do that a few times a month… I just love the taste and bubbles. I’ve been doing it so long, I think that my body is just used to it. But if I do it without also drinking water and eating, I get the headache. So I just stuff my face a lot too! 🙂

Have an amazing Thanksgiving Day. And enjoy the meals and relaxation. 🙂

Luanne said:
    November 21, 2017 at 4:11 PM

Haha, good word for this week! Happy Thanksgiving!

November 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM

I love this word, it’s one of my all time favourite words! I’m incredibly jealous you drank a whole bottle of champagne, I really miss champagne now I’m sober!

November 21, 2017 at 4:29 PM

Bubbles are really good… do you like sparkling cider? I also enjoy that…

November 21, 2017 at 4:41 PM

Yes, we don’t call it that here, took me ages to work out what you Americans were talking about! But I tend to get it in for special dinners and holidays.

November 21, 2017 at 7:39 PM

I know why were friends….both gluttons for punishment. I think we both have taken a very large bite out of a lot of things……it’s good and bad……

watchingthedaisies said:
    November 22, 2017 at 4:06 AM

Lovely to meet you. I do hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I live in Ireland so I am saving my gluttony till Christmas 😉