365 Challenge: Day 258 – Abbey

Abbey: (a) building occupied by a community of monks or nuns, (b) a place of silence which I absolutely adore, or (c) an exhibit I’m going to this afternoon

abbey.jpg

I’m in a grouchy mood today, not that you need to know or that it even impacts you; however, I am fairly open and always honest on this blog, so there you have it. I’m not grouchy at anyone in particular, perhaps at myself is the answer. I know the reason. It is not something tangible I can fix or change, nor is it something that will stick around very long, but it always seems to be prevalent in society. Ultimately, I’d like to just take a few steps away from the source of the issue and figure out how to relax and worry less — perhaps go sit in an abbey and not speak to anyone for a few days. I sent off a few emails today to discuss a few ways to try to ‘avoid the issue’ in the future, but ultimately, people are different, have a wide range of styles and opinions and there will always be those who are negative purely because they can be and don’t see any reason to not be negative. {Aside: I don’t particularly like those people and choose to avoid them.}

It’s moments like this where I wish life could be more like it was [in some ways] over a century ago — less intense, not as easy to react, minimal technology and more politeness. I also would like to be in England and practice silence as a current virtue for a little while. Now that I’ve gotten it out of my system (okay, well just saying it doesn’t excise it, but does help to just put out the words), let’s talk about the real point of today’s 365 Daily Challenge… and why I’m super-excited to forget this ‘above nonsense’ and focus on something wonderful. I’m going to the Downton Abbey exhibit this afternoon where I can immerse myself in something I love and enjoy. W introduced me to the show as it began airing the year we met. I hadn’t watched the first season before we went on a first date, but we quickly got caught up and for over 5 years, it was a religious Sunday experience.

I look forward to the potential movie in the future, but for today, I will bask in getting to see the full exhibit. It will undoubtedly turn my grouchy mood into something positively wonderful. I hope you’re all having a great weekend and I will catch up with you tomorrow for the final fiction genre in the current LIST series — and also when I’ll be back to my normal non-grouchy self (tho some might argue I can often be a bit like that).

47 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 258 – Abbey

November 25, 2017 at 8:47 AM

Hope you have a great weekend🤗 and I hope a little afternoon excursion puts you in a positive mood✨😊

November 25, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Thank you, Noriko. I appreciate it. It’s needed this weekend. I hope you are doing well.

November 25, 2017 at 9:09 AM

I’m having a cozy reading weekend 🙂 Thank you. Have a great day! 😉

authorsinspirations said:
    November 25, 2017 at 9:06 AM

good rant. but i’m curious, why england? why not some undeveloped country with a halogen lamp and slow circling ceiling fan?

November 25, 2017 at 9:15 AM

You make a good point. That would definitely remove me from everything… I’ve always had an affinity for England; sometime I even spell words the English way, it’s just sneaked in!

November 25, 2017 at 9:16 AM

forget about everything, enjoy your tour and smile! it will get you into a better mood! and don’t worry. we all get grouchy sometimes and that’s also good! just take a break, spent time with w and maybe ryder and just forget about everything for a couple of hours! 🤗 and then you’ll be yourself again 😉

Martie said:
    November 25, 2017 at 9:47 AM

misifusa said:
    November 25, 2017 at 10:14 AM

Oh I love Downton Abbey! I can’t wait to hear about your adventure today. Cheer up! Sending you a big hug and tell Ryder to give you some puppy love too!

roseelaineblog said:
    November 25, 2017 at 12:29 PM

You can’t beat England for old relics 👵😉

tylerus said:
    November 25, 2017 at 1:46 PM

It’s okay to be grouchy now and then, just don’t let it overwhelm you. 🙂 I’m sure you’ll bolster up in no time. Enjoy your outing; it sounds like fun.

November 25, 2017 at 4:38 PM

Thank you. I appreciate it. I needed the push today. I am heading out shortly!

November 25, 2017 at 2:11 PM

Nooooooo ☹️ Sorry you’re feeling grouchy. I would love for you to be in England, but you know we are noisy buggers here right? 😉

November 25, 2017 at 4:39 PM

noisy, huh? Well that won’t entirely work. I may just go hide in the Cotswolds and jump some stiles.

November 25, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Haha! Can I visit?? I promise to stitch my mouth and be really quiet! 🤐

November 25, 2017 at 5:12 PM

Zippity Doo Da of course!

Beware Of The Reader said:
    November 25, 2017 at 3:13 PM

I love Downtown Abbey and have watched it religiously with my daughter. I hope your grouchiness is gone by now but it’s all right to be grouchy sometime. Now I’m not a negative person and tend to see the positive side of situations 😉

November 25, 2017 at 4:41 PM

That’s why I like you! Finding the positive and if there is something negative, figuring out how to best share it. Heading out to Downton exhibit now. Hopefully you get to see it one day.

Beware Of The Reader said:
        November 26, 2017 at 3:01 PM

anne leueen said:
    November 25, 2017 at 4:40 PM

Vent away always good to let off a bit of steam. I loved Downton Abbey. I had a very British, old school, up bringing so much of it is familiar ground for me. And although there was no social media and information overload I do not think it was really as peaceful and as easy as it might appear. I had the chance to talk to my Grandmother and my aunt both of whom can remember much of that way of life and judging by what they said there was a good deal of stress in it. But in a world without therapists and psychotropic medication they just bottled it up and carried on. I hope you will enjoy the exhibit. I would love it I think.

November 26, 2017 at 10:44 AM

Hi. It was a wonderful exhibit. I need to get to England to see the house!

You are correct on what it was like 100 years ago. I should have been more clear. It would be much harder in many ways, but for someone like me, who is very much caught up in my head on things, not having technology might have been helpful. I could just do manual labor and not worry about book reviews, social media and all that stuff I have to stay focused on!

I really appreciate your comment. And I would love to hear more stories about your grandmother and life back then. 🙂

Patty said:
    November 25, 2017 at 7:52 PM

Sorry your having a grouchy day. Hope tomorrow is better. I am jealous you get to go see a Downtown Abby exhibit. I love that show!! 😍sending hugs 🤗 your way!

November 25, 2017 at 8:45 PM

Thank you. I am heading to dinner now. It was a fantastic exhibit. I miss the show. How was your day?

Patty said:
        November 26, 2017 at 12:26 AM

My day was busy. Got home from Ohio yesterday. Cleaned this morning then had to go to my father n laws then my sister n laws to pick up furniture. Tomorrow is grocery store then laundry. Never ending. 😂

November 26, 2017 at 8:28 AM

I totally understand.

Mintly said:
    November 25, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Enjoy your weekend. Things will eventually get better 🙂

November 26, 2017 at 2:24 AM

I binge watched the whole series while my husband was away for a while taking care of his mother. Would love to see pictures of the exhibit! Have a great time.

Aman Thakur said:
    November 26, 2017 at 5:39 AM

Wow..Awesome…:-)

Book Club Mom said:
    November 26, 2017 at 9:15 AM

Grouchiness is okay. You are right, our world is full of people being negative, because they can. It’s a bad habit and carries over to person-to-person interaction. We see it everywhere, on social media, in the news, and often in our work environments. People make it a sport. That’s what I like about book blogging – it is overwhelmingly positive. Hope your weekend is improving!

carhicks said:
    November 27, 2017 at 8:15 AM

We all have those days, I hope it didn’t ruin the exhibit for you. I loved the show as well and was disappointed when it ended. Glad it was a great exhibit.

November 27, 2017 at 8:17 AM

I cheered up a bit in the afternoon, so the exhibit was great. I am thinking about re-watching the show again now. 🙂

November 27, 2017 at 10:17 AM

Hello- I’m grouchy 2. Nice to meet you Grouchy…….but seriously- you can’t be grouchy after seeing that exhibit!!!! I wanted to move in!!!

Lisa@LismorePaperCo. said:
    November 27, 2017 at 6:38 PM

Downtown Abbey could chase a grouchy and foul mood away. I miss the show so much. I can only imagine how incredible that exhibit was. Things will get better, somehow they always do. Binge watching the show would really be the best medicine 😀💞

November 28, 2017 at 7:32 AM

It definitely could! I will be starting it again this weekend, I’m sure.

Yoly said:
    November 30, 2017 at 12:23 PM

I’m always grouchy…lol…. I’m sure everything will work out. Every post is always full of positive energy. Good luck buddy.