365 Challenge: Day 272 – Copy

Copy: make a similar or identical version of; reproduce

opy.jpg

Today’s post will be short and sweet (hopefully). I was chatting with Noriko this morning while going through my normal routine. Checking overnight social media messages, having coffee, trying not to disturb Ryder who is curled in a ball against my leg. I’d really like another cup of coffee, but W is still sleeping and I can’t physically get off the couch without Ryder being annoyed at me. On Saturday mornings, I always copy the seven 365 Daily Challenge posts from the previous week, then format and setup the copies for the upcoming week. It makes writing the post each day much simpler, allowing me to focus on other items. The first post (last Sunday’s Holiday LIST) wouldn’t copy. OK, so I try another one. Ryder Rant won’t copy. I log out and back in. It won’t work. ‘Failed to perform copy function.’ [Who writes this messages, automaton clones?] I try a brand new post, that works! I reboot the laptop, assuming something got disconnected. Nope, that didn’t resolve the problem. So… I will not follow this routine until tomorrow, but I need a post now: COPY!

WordPress, I put you on notice today… if you don’t work tomorrow, you will suffer. I’m not sure how, but you will. The other great thing about the word COPY is that it is sort of like the word CLONE. Roda and I talk about clones all the time. Everyone assumes I have clones working to keep getting done everything I get done. Every time she asks me to send a clone to help her, we joke that I send Clone 7, and he’s apparently a bit wonky (her word, not mine). So last night, as you might have read, she was having a bit of an issue with her dictation process blue curacao ladder (inside joke, but you can guess!). The first thing she says… “Is Clone 7 behind this?” My response: Seriously… a copy of me causing problems? That’s just… probably true. I can be a bit devious (in a fun / good way) when I want to torture someone.

So… lesson I learned today: The ‘copy’ button isn’t always available to work. Put the hard work in and get done what you need to get done. No excuses. Manual efforts are sometimes OK. It’s not always about automation and technology. It’s a bit like when I was younger and my mom wouldn’t let me get shoes with Velcro for laces. I had to learn how to tie my laces two different ways before I could get a pair of the cool sneakers. I’m very off topic today. It’s also no longer short. I’m just gonna end here. It’s snowing!

37 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 272 – Copy

theloyalbritwit said:
    December 9, 2017 at 9:58 AM

haha poor Jay! Hopefully it straights out soon enough!

PS I think WordPress did some kind of new update because the saving as a draft messed with me earlier this week…it published the post when I clearly hit save. AND the drafts aren’t saved in the same place as they have been on the app. Granted it’s “sorta” in the same location, but not really. It’s complicated. AHHH. hehehe. So happy Saturday! 🙂

December 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Thanks! OK, so it’s not just me, which is good. Not good for you, but at least I don’t feel silly! 🙂 Happy Saturday!

December 9, 2017 at 10:02 AM

Remind me NOT to step on your toe… I don’t wanna be tortured!! lol

December 9, 2017 at 10:06 AM

Ha! I am never cruel — it’s always funny, but when I do, I go overboard. I once sent someone the same piece of mail every day for 3 weeks, but it came from different ‘senders.’ I’m not sure they ever knew it was me.

December 9, 2017 at 10:09 AM

😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

Jessica Rachow said:
    December 9, 2017 at 10:19 AM

I feel like WordPress acts up on me every other day. Haha. And I was having issues copying yesterday, so you’re not alone. 😊

December 9, 2017 at 10:22 AM

Wait one minute, Little Bro! How much bubbly did you have last night? You don’t seem to be remembering clearly. And wonky is so your word!!!😂😜💚

December 9, 2017 at 10:24 AM

I had zero glasses of bubbly. There was a smidge of Chambord in my eggnog at 5pm when I decorated the tree. And there were 2 cocktails with Jack Daniels around 8 to 10pm. No bubbly! PERIOD.

AJ said:
    December 9, 2017 at 11:24 AM

Lol a good message! It’s scary how dependent we become on tech and the shortcuts to get everything done each day! When I complain about doing laundry, I think of the old days where everything had to be done manually and how much time everything took!

December 9, 2017 at 11:29 AM

I write my posts on Blogspot and then IFTTT copies them to WordPress so I don’t have to do it. I was thinking about making a template for my blogs because my goal next year is to be a bit more consistent with posting. Happy Saturday. Your tree looks great.

December 9, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Thanks, Janet. I appreciate it. Hopefully WP is better when I try again later. Templates definitely help.

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    December 9, 2017 at 12:02 PM

WordPress seems to be glitchy lately. I’ve been having problems commenting on a few blogs. It tells me I have an invalid security token.😒

Book Club Mom said:
    December 9, 2017 at 10:33 PM

Oh the velcro sneakers! Your mom did the right thing making you learn how to tie your shoes. My kids all wore velcro or slip-ons and only one of them (the oldest) knew how to tie a shoe by age 5. The rest went a VERY long time w/out knowing, until it was embarrassing for them not to know. Good luck with your COPY issues!

December 9, 2017 at 11:20 PM

Thank you. I will try again tomorrow.

Sounds like you had the smart approach too. Shoes. Always fun!

Kristin said:
    December 9, 2017 at 11:18 PM

Why not just highlight the text and hit control+C to copy and then control+V to paste 🙂

December 9, 2017 at 11:19 PM

That’s what I did. But then I had to add in all the categories and tags, the social media text stuff. Not a lot of extra but 5 minutes per Post. The copy function normally pulls that over. 😦

Kristin said:
        December 9, 2017 at 11:22 PM

Ah, gotcha. I just make parent categories and then find my categories that way. Like I have a parent category of say, Wordless Wednesday with the subcategories of Moths and Butterflies or etc. I dont think you can duplicate posts in a self hosted blog.

December 10, 2017 at 9:04 AM

I’m not sure, I have to check. I should fix some of my categories to make it easier.

anne leueen said:
    December 10, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Velcro laces!!! I was a kid before velcro was invented! But we did have electric lights and flushing toilets!

December 10, 2017 at 12:07 PM

haha, you are funny this morning. 🙂 I still don’t use Velcro… only that one pair of shoes as a kid

December 10, 2017 at 12:31 PM

Aww! I can’t stand glitches like that. I think the worst so far for me is when the post doesn’t save and I hit publish, then there’s nothing there. Not even a revision. It’s horrible! All that work and it’s gone. I guess with electronics you have to take the good with the bad. ❤ Hope it fixes for you quickly. 🙂

December 10, 2017 at 1:59 PM

Thank you. It is painful. Copying wasn’t working today, so I did it manually again. If it still acts up tomorrow, I’ll write to their Support Desk. You speak the truth. 🙂

Cozynookbks said:
    December 10, 2017 at 2:42 PM

WordPress drives me bonkers. Always a new adventure using it.

Nthato Morakabi said:
    December 11, 2017 at 2:37 AM

I could use a clone of myself…

December 11, 2017 at 7:10 AM

If you’re handing out clones, would love to borrow one till January 2…….but the good thing is, you are definitely not a copy. You are 100% original!!