365 Challenge: Day 279 – Numbers

Numbers: an arithmetical value, expressed by a word, symbol, or figure, representing a particular quantity and used in counting and making calculations and for showing order in a series or for identification

Numbers-58d189073df78c3c4ff87ced.jpg

Numbers have always been important to me. I’m extremely adept at adding numbers together, remembering what I paid for an electric bill years ago or how much a hotel room costs from prior trips. It tends to be either percentage or financial based, as I can’t remember addresses or phone numbers. It’s quite odd. And don’t think I’m bragging about this ability, as it comes with some important things I am lacking, e.g. common sense! I get lost all the time, I don’t understand where the sun sets and I barely remember to chew before swallowing sometimes. Anyway, I digress… numbers have always been important to me, that’s where I left off.

Today, we have our monthly board and card game with friends, and we’re hosting. I’ll be cooking, cleaning and preparing all afternoon. Then I intend to wipe the table with everyone… take their money (we really don’t play for money), win all the contests (it’s often teams, so no individual wins) and kick some a$$ (ok, that’s just rude). Other than those numbers in the cards and games, a few other important numbers this week:

• Yesterday was my 1000th post. I thought it was today, but I accidentally sneaked (or is it snuck?) in a book review which never occurred to me would impact my numbers count. So, congratulations to Atwood Cutting for being number 1000!
  • Today is the LAST day to vote in the poll for the 2017 TRUTH AWARD, which will choose three winners to receive a signed copy of my book, an Amazon gift card and a donation in their name to charity. There are tons of numbers in that post!
  • I have 2 books left to complete my Goodreads Challenge of 90 books this year. I originally picked 78 books as the goal last January, assuming 1.5 books per week. I was a reading animal in the beginning of the year, choosing to increase it to 104 books, believing I could achieve 2 books per week. Then Watching Glass Shatter was published, so I had to switch gears, compromising it with 90. I’m now hoping to land at 100. That means 12 books in 16 days. In all fairness, I have 4 short children’s books to read, so it might be achievable.
  • Vote for my January 2018 read in the Book Bucket Poll – 12 books… the top 2 are pretty close right now… only 4 days left to vote!
  • Lastly, I’m starting to write down my 12 New Year’s Resolutions and 12 Goals for 2018. Numbers will be pretty important there, considering the blog and book sales. I also need to decide what happens with the 365 Daily Challenge after it ends on March 12th, 2018. I’m looking forward to sharing my plans with you all very soon!

Any number freaks like me out there?

64 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 279 – Numbers

theloyalbritwit said:
    December 16, 2017 at 9:28 AM

Congratulations on your 1000 post!!!!! 🎉🎉

Cammie Adams said:
    December 16, 2017 at 9:54 AM

Sorry, I don’t math. I live in awe of people who do, though.

December 16, 2017 at 10:07 AM

It can be a curse. Everyone hands me the check at dinners with friends. Can you calculate how much we owe? lol

Cammie Adams said:
        December 16, 2017 at 10:08 AM

Bahaha. I would never. I have a calculator for that.

December 16, 2017 at 10:42 AM

Congrats on 1000! -1,000,000 points for liking math!

December 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM

I’m not big on numbers, but congrats on 1000 posts. That’s amazing. Also, good luck today

December 16, 2017 at 1:09 PM

I am horrible at math. Congrats on 1000 posts that is amazing!!

December 16, 2017 at 2:24 PM

🙂 thank you… we can’t be great at everything, I suppose. I am bad a science!

December 16, 2017 at 2:28 PM

I was/am horrible at science as well lol.

December 16, 2017 at 2:28 PM

But you have other talents. It’s that painful quantitative stuff that’s no fun!

December 16, 2017 at 2:31 PM

Oh yeah I’m sure I have other talents I just can’t think of any right now lol.

December 16, 2017 at 2:33 PM

puhleease… blogging and being extra kind are just two I know of off the top of my head… and tho I know little about it, all the beauty stuff you to do!

December 16, 2017 at 2:36 PM

Aww thank you!! That just made my day!!

December 16, 2017 at 2:39 PM

You’re welcome!

December 16, 2017 at 1:15 PM

Congrats on 1000! Numbers have never been my thing. Give me words. Looking forward to hearing your resolutions and goals for next year. I don’t make resolutions, my vision cards help keep me on track. That way I don’t feel so much like a failure if I don’t “keep” every resolution.

December 16, 2017 at 2:24 PM

You make a good point! My resolutions hopefully won’t be too big, just enough to motivate me. But we’ll see… sometimes I get too crazy! 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    December 16, 2017 at 1:32 PM

Why 12 Jay? Is it a very special number for you?

December 16, 2017 at 2:23 PM

I’m a little nutty… 12 months, 1 per month. Not sure why, but I like putting things in organized buckets!

Beware Of The Reader said:
        December 16, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Very organized Jay 😉

Stephanie said:
    December 16, 2017 at 2:22 PM

Congrats, Jay! 1000 is an amazing number! Have fun with your friends tonight 😊

December 16, 2017 at 2:23 PM

Thank you! I am looking forward to it. A break from technology!

Stephanie said:
        December 16, 2017 at 2:26 PM

I know the feeling now that classes and teaching is officially over for the semester as of yesterday! Woohoo! I’ve logged so many hours on the pc for both that I’m almost thinking a break for a few days would be lovely, lol. But too many books on my Kindle I want to read now! 😊😉

December 16, 2017 at 2:27 PM

Anything good on kindle? I’m so glad you got the break hopefully you are feeling well too.

Stephanie said:
        December 16, 2017 at 2:50 PM

Me too! Until Jan 8th, yay!! I’m feeling ok-still very tired all the time; my new meds seem to be helping with pain, etc, but they’re talking about changing them if we don’t see better results soon. Thanks for asking!! ❤ I had a nasty fall face first in a parking lot yesterday afternoon, so I’m all bruised on my knees, elbow, and my neck and back took a beating from the impact. I was lucky not to hit my head or face though!! Lots of ice today though!

Loads of good things on my Kindle (hopefully, lol)! I’ve bought so many things this year I haven’t had time to read yet! I’ve got several ARCS to read this month before classes resume that I hope are good….The Road to Bittersweet, The Woman in the Window, Dangerous Crossing, and Anatomy of a Scandal. I’ve heard some mixed reviews about Anatomy of a Scandal, The Girlfriend, and The Woman in the Window, so we’ll see! AND I have a book called Watching Glass Shatter on my Kindle that I’ve been anxiously waiting until school was over so I could read it! 😉😘 I’m really looking forward to it! I’ve heard it’s wonderful ❤❤❤

December 16, 2017 at 3:28 PM

I’m so glad you didn’t cause any serious damage. Be careful! Stay home and pamper yourself for a few days!

Hopefully the ARCs don’t disappoint. As for that Watching Glass Shatter book… I’m probably not the best person to comment on it. Someday, perhaps I’ll read it! LOL Thank you… I really hope you enjoy it, but if, that’s totally ok!

Stephanie said:
        December 16, 2017 at 4:52 PM

Thanks! Me too! When I was falling, all I could see in my mind was my face hitting the pavement or the side of my head. I was very lucky! I’m definitely taking it easy the next couple of days.

I hope not but if so, I have so many other books to read! I’m going to actually DNF if I have to, and I never do that. Lol!! You might enjoy Watching Glass Shatter! I’ve read some really excellent reviews! 😊 You’re welcome! I have a feeling that I’ll enjoy it! But I’ll let you know what I think!!

December 16, 2017 at 10:54 PM

Too funny re the second response. Not the first – that would not be funny.

DNF! I haven’t really ever done that. I will skim lots of pages if I cannot get into something, that’s my equivalent! Hope the weekend goes well.

Stephanie said:
        December 17, 2017 at 2:40 PM

No, I just can’t seem to DNF even though I want to at times. I’m too afraid I’ll miss a really great book that’s just a slow starter. I may have to start skimming. Too many books, so little time! Thanks! Your’s too!

December 18, 2017 at 7:47 AM

I totally understand!

The Cozy Pages said:
    December 16, 2017 at 3:10 PM

Have fun tonight.
    Congratulations on your 1000th post.
    Good luck getting to 100 reads.
    And great, entertaining post, as always.

Joan E Wilder said:
    December 16, 2017 at 3:40 PM

Congratulations – 1000 is an impressive amount of posts and a big accomplishment ! 🙂

December 16, 2017 at 3:59 PM

1,000 posts that’s amazing! We should have had a party! 🎉
    I am not a fan of numbers, I have spreadsheets for the financials but my head is in the clouds when it comes to anything with numbers really! 😂

Saturday Nite Reader said:
    December 16, 2017 at 7:28 PM

I hit 60 the other day! Thanks for the motivation 😉

December 16, 2017 at 10:51 PM

You can do it! I was on a mission to post all my book reviews, so about 500 came from those! 🙂

Book Club Mom said:
    December 16, 2017 at 9:35 PM

Well I definitely like to keep track of things, but I’m terrible at adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing numbers in my head. Give me a calculator for the big (2-digit) numbers! Number goals are very important to me though, so we’re alike that way.

December 16, 2017 at 10:50 PM

I loved this response! 2-digit numbers. Hilarious. I enjoy math until it gets too complex! 🙂

Book Club Mom said:
        December 17, 2017 at 9:01 PM

Just can’t do math in my head – never could, never will!

Aman Thakur said:
    December 17, 2017 at 2:22 AM

nice

December 17, 2017 at 7:45 AM

thx

Aman Thakur said:
        December 17, 2017 at 9:25 AM

You are welcome…:-)
        and you can visit my blog too…;-),
        inspiringdude.wordpress.com if you find something intrusting then Don’t Forget to follow my Blog…:-)
        Keep in touch…:-)

December 17, 2017 at 10:28 AM

I already follow!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    December 17, 2017 at 11:32 AM

WOW a thousand!! That is absolutely incredible!! I am in awe!!

[…] Jay @thisismytruthnow for his intersting daily posts, his brilliant prose, his kindness, his dog Ryder (love […]

December 17, 2017 at 4:27 PM

I hope you got my response! I forgot to fill in my name and it then disappeared when I backed out!

Atwood Cutting said:
    December 17, 2017 at 2:09 PM

So, congratulations to Atwood Cutting for being number 1000!
    Thank you, Jay. I had no idea. This is quite an honor.

December 17, 2017 at 4:23 PM

I wish I realized it when we did your post!!!! Silly me for realizing it the night after. 😦

Atwood Cutting said:
    December 17, 2017 at 6:28 PM

Hey, that’s a great segue into another post about that fabulous mother-daughter hybrid author at her nearly under control website: atwoodcutting.com
    Happy holidays, Jay!

mainepaperpusher said:
    December 17, 2017 at 9:22 PM

1000! Wow!!! Way to go!

favouritenovels said:
    March 2, 2018 at 3:34 AM

As you know I deleted my website I read novels. I’m back with a new website http://www.favouritenovels.wordpress.com where I’m now posting reviews only on my favourite novels that I read.