365 Challenge: Day 281 – Rantless (RYDER RANT)

Rantless: when I’ve got nothing to complain about

download.jpg

Hello, Friends! I had a wonderful week with hardly anything to ramble on about… I suppose that makes me RANTLESS. I got to play in the snow for a few minutes. I got Christmas presents from Grandma and Zora (my dad’s friends dog). Grandma got me carrot-flavored treats and a stuffed toy that looks just like me. Zora got me a Santa squeaky toy. I took naps on both of them this weekend. Dad’s played board games and card games with their friends. There was lots of drinking, swearing and insanity over memes! Since I have very little to rant about, I’ll reveal some exciting news today; the winners for the 2017 TRUTH award have been selected. If you are new to this blog, or didn’t read the post from about ten days ago, Dad picked the top 12 followers on his blog — based on count of comments in 2017. He believes those 12 people embody the values on his ‘This Is My Truth Now’ blog: inspiration, friendship, honesty, truth, gratitude, discovery, sharing, communicating, open-mindedness, love, commitment, equality, trust, and partnership.

Me waiting for the guests to arrive, then a shot Neel took at the tree after gifts

As a reminder, the nominees (blogs you should check out) included:

Roda @ Growing Self

Shalini @ Book Reviews by Shalini

Alex @ Coffee Loving Bookoholic

Rae @ Rae Longest & Powerful Women Readers

LA @ Waking up on the Wrong Side of 50

Nel @ Reactionary Tales

Claire @ BrizzleLass Books

Noriko @ Diary of a Bookfiend

Misty @ Misty’s Book Space

Kristin @ A Simply Enchanted Life

Patty @ Moohnshine’s Corner

Mischenko @ Read Rant Rock and Roll

*** DRUM ROLL ***

Check out the link for Dad’s book on Amazon: It’s starting to go through the next round of marketing to help new readers find it more quickly. Every click helps push it up on the rankings for Amazon, so take a quick peek today, thanks! He’s also signing a copy and mailing it to each of the three winners. Dad’s working with Mischenko, Noriko and Nel to confirm what charity they want. We’ll post together in the next few days to let everyone know. Congratulations to all the winners! The votes were very close, and everyone had a couple, which was great!

Next week… I’ll be talking to you from Long Island while Dad’s in Louisiana. I’m going to Ella’s for 5 days, heading out on Christmas Eve and returning on Thursday 12/28. I can’t wait to see my friends, but I’ll write a post on Christmas Day while I’m away just to wish everyone a happy holiday!

I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.

53 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 281 – Rantless (RYDER RANT)

December 18, 2017 at 8:25 AM

Yay Ryder I’m so glad you had a great week!! I’m so excited and happy for the three winners!! Congratulations to each of you!!

December 18, 2017 at 8:31 AM

Yay, Ryder! You look such a charmer in front of the gorgeous (utterly gorgeous) Christmas tree! And THANK YOU SO MUCH for the announcement… I honestly cannot believe it’s happening to me!! Oh, my gosh. I don’t think I can sleep tonight (it’s 22:30 in Japan). Please give your dad my best regards, and I wish you both a happy holiday season ❤

December 18, 2017 at 8:36 AM

Dad and Ryder both say sleep is important. 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 8:38 AM

Oops, but it’s so hard to go to sleep with all this excitement, would you please let me off the hook tonight? 😛

December 18, 2017 at 8:42 AM

Nope. Required to sleep 7 hours. No exceptions. 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 8:39 AM

Congrats to three amazing ladies!!

roseelaineblog said:
    December 18, 2017 at 8:54 AM

What a fantastic tree 😳 wow ! Wishing you and yours a wonderful peaceful Christmas 🌹

December 18, 2017 at 9:48 AM

Ryder, congrats on getting some new treats and toys! I’m excited for you. If I were Santa after seeing that picture of you in front of the Christmas tree, I’d leave you everything! Adorable and what a beautiful tree! Frame worthy. ❤ Merry Christmas, Ryder and friends. 🙂

Thanks so much for this TRUTH award, Jay. I'm truly humbled that there were votes for me and I have to say, I'm so glad to have met every single one of you. This is the most wonderful gift of friendship. If we don't chat before, have a Merry Christmas with your family. Looking forward to 2018. 😀

December 18, 2017 at 4:12 PM

Aww, thank you! I will be in touch to check on your choice of charities! 🙂 We’ll chat soon. 🙂

Kiersten said:
    December 18, 2017 at 10:05 AM

Oh Ryder, you look so handsome posed in front of the tree like that! You should be on a Christmas card.

December 18, 2017 at 4:13 PM

He was this year’s card!!! 🙂

Kiersten said:
        December 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM

Perfect! I always say I’m going to send out a Christmas card, but I never remember early enough to get them printed. I want it to involve the animals and the pole in my living room. It will be so special.

December 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM

You can prep it now for next year! Lol. 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 10:12 AM

Congrats to all the winners! Ryder you look fantastic! 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 11:11 AM

Congrats to the winners. The tree is absolutely beautiful and Ryder, you look great. I can see the reflection of your dad in the first picture in one of the ornaments.

marielisab said:
      December 18, 2017 at 12:37 PM

I noticed that too ! J – how long did it take for you to position that ornament so you could capture the reflection ?

December 18, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Many thanks. Yes, but that was the other Dad taking the photo this time. 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 3:41 PM

Ryder you look so handsome by the tree. I hope you get all the presents you wanted from Santa.

James, thanks. I didn’t expect to place at all so this is a welcome surprise 🙂 Thanks for creating such a great award and I’m honored to be acknowledged. Hope you and Winston have a wonderful Christmas in LA! 🙂

December 18, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I will be in touch to check on your charity choice soon! Thank you. 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    December 18, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Haha I’m happy you were rantless today Ryder. It seems you had a fantastic time! And tell Dad to congratulate the winners 😉

December 18, 2017 at 4:15 PM

I will. He’s busy editing again. Ugh… I’ll rouse him around 6pm.

[…] have just been announced by his adorable Shiba, Ryder ❤  Check his post, “Rantless” here. To my utter surprise, I came in 2nd […]

December 18, 2017 at 4:39 PM

Have a great break Ryder and well done to the three blogs who won, you are all awesome!

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    December 18, 2017 at 5:39 PM

Congratulations to the three winners! Everyone on the list are such incredible bloggers!

And Merry Christmas Ryder, you beautiful boy! I don’t know who’s more gorgeous, you or that tree. I hope your knee is still feeling better. I know how excited you must be, but take it easy okay? I’m sending you a bunch of Christmas Hugs from MA!🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
    December 18, 2017 at 11:02 PM

Wahoo winners, congrats!! We’ve had a bit of holiday celebration card playing/drinking/swearing at my house too 😊 Ryder looks adorable!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    December 19, 2017 at 8:17 AM

Lovely picture!

carhicks said:
    December 19, 2017 at 9:06 AM

Congratulations to the winners. I want to check out all the nominees sites. Have fun in Long Island. Lucky you Ryder, glad you are enjoying those early Christmas gifts.

December 19, 2017 at 9:12 AM

Definitely check them all out – very strong and friendly bloggers. 🙂

Hope you have fun Christmas plans, too!

The Cozy Pages said:
    December 19, 2017 at 3:31 PM

Yaayyy!!! Congrats to the winners and their wonderful blogs. Ryder has great taste 😉Hope everyone enjoys their vacations!

Mintly said:
    December 19, 2017 at 3:51 PM

Wow! You got a very beautiful Christmas tree, Jay. Really like it. And, Hi Ryder!

December 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Hi. Thank you. Hope you are doing well!!

Mintly said:
        December 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM

Thank you! Just been pretty busy lately. Hope you’re good too 🙂

cathleentownsend said:
    December 20, 2017 at 6:54 PM

Love the pics of your dog. I feel that a dog totally completes a Christmas tree. It’s like every tree needs one. 🙂

December 21, 2017 at 9:07 AM

Exactly! There are at least 10 ornaments with him on them too.

Patty said:
    January 2, 2018 at 1:47 PM

I don’t know how I missed this post. I am just going to say holiday mode started on the 17th and just ended. I am so sorry. I want to say congrates to all my pals that won! It is truely an honor to know each one of you. A little side note for Ryder, I think it is time daddy take you for a spa day! The New Year holiday is rough on you. 😉 luv you all ❤

January 2, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Aww, it happens, you need a break too! 🙂 Spa Day, ha! I’ll throw him in the tub. LOL j/k

Patty said:
        January 2, 2018 at 9:28 PM

Better not throw that baby in the tub! 😜 I did get a massage day for Christmas from my friend at work. She took me to Hand and Stone and paid for a full body massage. Ohhh it was wonderful. She is the best.

January 2, 2018 at 9:28 PM