365 Challenge: Day 289 – Charity

Charity: an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need

charity

Earlier this month, I opened a poll for the 2017 Truth Award, where 12 wonderful bloggers were nominated for their gifts to me this year. After all the votes were tallied, Ryder announced the top 3 winners last week. I’ve mailed each winner her signed copy of my book with a special message from me, as well as a gift card where appropriate. In addition, all three winners picked a charity for me to donate money to in her name. Today’s post is all about being charitable around the holidays — you never know when someone may need a helping hand. I congratulate the winners, not only for being chosen by their peers, and picking three wonderful charities, but also for choosing to donate more on their own accord — that was very generous! Without further ado, the charities they picked are:

Nel – Animals

Noriko – Clean Water & Literacy

Mischenko – Children

I am working with each person to donate the money this week. Checks will either go to the winner, so she can send the money in her name, or if I can easily send it myself on her behalf, I will do that — the donations will be out in the mail by 12/31. Many thanks to all these wonderful bloggers for their charitable donations, both in heart and mind — including all of you who are donating time or money this holiday season. Finding time to volunteer helps those in need — both the volunteers and those receiving the gift.

Happy Holidays!

35 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 289 – Charity

December 26, 2017 at 12:48 AM

Thank you so much for all the work you’ve put into this, Jay! From mailing the book/gift card and looking up ways to donate on our behalf – I appreciate everything you’ve done for us! This post is short and sweet but definitely struck a chord with me. I appreciate you so much, Jay! Happy holidays ❤ Much hugs from me 😉

Kiersten said:
    December 26, 2017 at 8:16 AM

You and the winning bloggers are fantastic for doing this.

December 26, 2017 at 9:53 AM

J, this was such a wonderful idea and it warms my heart. Thank you for your generosity! I’m very excited to get the book and display it on my shelf too. ❤

I loved reading about the other two charities as well and I pray that the money they all receive goes a long way. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Happy New Year! 😉💖

loshame said:
    December 26, 2017 at 11:23 AM

I like your post 😊.

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    December 26, 2017 at 1:58 PM

This is a really lovely initiative!! And congrats to Nel, Noriko and Mischenko!

Beware Of The Reader said:
    December 26, 2017 at 2:55 PM

Thank you for donating Jay! I’m certain it will be much needed.

carhicks said:
    December 26, 2017 at 7:51 PM

That is a great thing to do. Why am I not surprised about the charities that were chosen. All very worthey.

Run Wright said:
    December 26, 2017 at 9:15 PM

I love that you did this and my congratulations to all the winners

Are We Adults Yet said:
    December 26, 2017 at 9:50 PM

What a lovely way to embody a lovely virtue this holiday season! We just did a post on all the ways you can donate in this time of need 💗 https://areweadultsyetblog.wordpress.com/2017/12/26/end-of-year-donating-strategies/

dtills said:
    December 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM

I hope you had a wonderful holiday Jay 🙂

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
    December 27, 2017 at 10:29 AM

This is amazing! Great choices too! 🙂

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    December 27, 2017 at 1:02 PM

I loved this whole idea Jay, and it’s great seeing what charities the winners chose.😊

Christy B said:
    December 27, 2017 at 2:06 PM

This was such a great idea ~ and nice to see which charities got chosen 🙂

The Cozy Pages said:
    December 27, 2017 at 3:23 PM

Such wonderful community spirit, working to help some very worthy causes!

moorezart said:
    December 27, 2017 at 3:59 PM

Reblogged this on From 1 Blogger 2 Another.

December 28, 2017 at 12:01 PM

Very worthy charities indeed!!

Sassy Brit (Reviewer) said:
    December 29, 2017 at 3:19 PM

How lovely! Yes, very worthy charities – congrats all! And thank you, Jay, for being such a kind and generous person!! 😀 Happy holidays!

[…] post at This Is My Truth Now. He recently held a contest, and the three winners each chose a charity for him to donate to in their name. Wow, what a great idea for giving at the holidays […]

Joan E Wilder said:
    December 30, 2017 at 5:59 PM

Thanks for giving back Jay, great job! I love St. Jude’s too and I donate about 2-3 hrs at 2 local senior homes – just to visit with people who are bed ridden. that is the most rewarding feeling you can imagine. They give me far more than I give them with my time, you couldn’t imagine. I highly recommend it – it’s a mutual gift every Sunday!

December 30, 2017 at 6:00 PM

I appreciate you sharing this with everyone. And thank you. You’re a wonderful woman for doing this. 🙂 Happy New Year!