365 Challenge: Day 295 – News (RYDER RANT)

News: newly received or noteworthy information, especially about recent or important events

ews.jpg

Happy New Year! It’s Ryder and I wanted to start the new year off right by wishing everyone a wonderful 2018. I am excited about everything it could bring! I have a few things to rant about, but also a couple of exciting updates to reveal… so I thought I’d just share some random ‘news’ today as part of my first 2018 365 Daily Challenge post. We’ll start with something good.

1. A few weeks ago, Atwood Cutting, also know as Kate Peters, was the Author Alert on Dad’s blog. She’s a very cool lady and always says hello to me, plus she tells Dad to give me hugs and treats! Atwood taped a radio interview on 12/15 through FM station KCME 88.7 in Colorado Springs. You can listen to the recording on 1/1/18 at 7:00 PM MST. Check out KCME 88.7 FM and kcme.org for further information, or contact Atwood to get a copy of the broadcast. Dad has a copy and can also share it via email — I can’t wait to listen to it this week with him, curled up on his lap.
  2. On a sadder note, one of Dad’s favorite authors passed away this week. He’s been a big fan of Sue Grafton, who wrote the Alphabet Series, over the last thirty years. She finished the 25th book, Y is for Yesterday, but will probably not posthumously publish the final one in the series. In honor of her, Dad will make her the focus on the Fri 1/5 Author Alert — even tho she’s not someone he has met. Stay tuned!
  3. Dad told me all about his trip to Louisiana last week for Christmas. It’s a bit concerning how poor the service was on Delta.
    • Dad 2 left on Christmas Eve, planning to arrive at 11pm in the Louisiana airport. When he arrived in Atlanta for the first connection, there was no one at the gate even though the plane was supposed to take off in 30 minutes. He found out they had issues with the tugs to deliver the plane, but there was no flight crew. It seemed suspiciously like they planned to cancel the flight and forgot to tell anyone. It finally showed up, but he arrived at 1:30am on Christmas Day. Not good holiday service!
    • Dad 1 left on the same flight Christmas Day. At the gate in NYC, he was put in Zone 3 (last zone). They asked for volunteers to check baggage at the gate since there would be no room, and offered to let you get on the plane in Zone 1. He did the right thing and checked his baggage at the gate, then had an issue trying to board in Zone 1. He received a text alert saying his baggage was put on the plane. When he landed at 11:15 in Louisiana, his bag was nowhere to be found! One person said it was in NY. The mobile app showed it in Atlanta. The alert said it was on a plane. Very confusing. He filed a claim to get it all sorted out, and it was… he had to drive back to the airport to get it, which was after there were no rental cars available.
    • Dads left together on a trip back to NYC later in the week. As they arrived at the Louisiana airport, a text noted there was a 1 hour delay (no reason ever provided), but they only had 1 hour in between flights for the Atlanta to NYC connection. I really wanted them to come home, but it looked like they’d not make it. Then their second flight was delayed, which made the connection time potentially do-able… they raced from one gate to another gate all the way at the other side of the terminal, arriving just in time to hear an announcement about another delay for unknown reasons. A lot of running for nothing. I felt bad for them. Delta should do something to say they’re sorry for 3 major issues on 3 flights — all with no real explanation or follow-up, especially when it was on Christmas. Just rude!
  4. Are dogs supposed to have new year’s resolutions? If so, here are mine:
    • Keep proper weight. I came back from Ella’s and Dads both told me I look a lot trimmer!
    • Kill 12 birds / squirrels / mice … real or toys… I don’t care. I must keep the population in check.
    • Nap at least 20 hours per day. Continue to push Dad 1 further off the bed each night. I think he might be on to me!
    • Beg for treats until I get them every day.

OK, this is way too long for a holiday post. I’m outta here. See ya next week.

I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.

50 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 295 – News (RYDER RANT)

Cammie Adams said:
    January 1, 2018 at 12:16 AM

Happy 2018, Ryder! Here’s to treats and naps!

Lady Nightwave Brenda Marie said:
    January 1, 2018 at 12:18 AM

That is a good way to discover yourself and self awareness is very important.

January 1, 2018 at 1:36 AM

Happy New Year, Ryder. So sad to hear about Sue Grafton! I’ll have to Google to get more info. Sorry your dads had such a terrible flight experience. Maybe they should stay home with you next year?

January 1, 2018 at 1:40 AM

Sweet Dreams, Ryder!!

theloyalbritwit said:
    January 1, 2018 at 7:57 AM

Happy New Year to you, Ryder! And best of luck on your resolutions; they sound well thought out 🎉☺️

January 1, 2018 at 9:21 AM

Happy new year Ryder!! Can I join you in the naps?

tylerus said:
    January 1, 2018 at 9:45 AM

I must have been living in a vacuum all week. Hadn’t heard about Sue G. I loved her books (got to T). Sorry to hear about the flight issues. 😦 The important thing is that you got there (whew). As for you my dear Ryder, I hope you receive tons of treats and hugs, and then some. And make sure to respond in kind, my furry friend. 🙂 Happy 2018!

January 1, 2018 at 9:48 AM

Yes, I just happen to catch someone’s post on FB about her passing away, then I posted to share, too.

You are right, the flight issues weren’t all that bad considering we arrived and departed!

Happy New Year 2018! Looking forward to connecting even more.

Mintly said:
    January 1, 2018 at 10:15 AM

Happy 2018 to Ryder! 😁 I like his new year resolution. Not bad !

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    January 1, 2018 at 10:45 AM

Happy New Year beautiful boy! Tell your dads how sorry I am that they had such a tough time with Delta. I hope it didn’t wreck their vacation.

I was also saddened to hear about the death of Sue Grafton. I’m looking forward to reading your dad’s post about her.

And finally, I think you’ve listed some very practical resolutions for 2018. I especially like the napping 20 hours a day one. I’m sending you hugs and hoping that knee doesn’t give you any more trouble this year!🤗

January 1, 2018 at 11:46 AM

Ryder, that’s a great resolution list! I need to make mine now. ♡ I hope 2018 is a fantastic year for you and your dad’s. ❤ Sorry to hear about all the flight drama!

I was sad to hear about Sue. I didn’t even know she had cancer and I’m sad she couldn’t get that last book done. With that said, I hope she rests in peace and I’m glad that she’s not suffering anymore.

Happy New Year to you all and much love! Xoxo 💖🐕

January 1, 2018 at 11:56 AM

I agree with you, very sad. Thanks for the message to Ryder. He sends his love to everyone, too. 🙂 Happy New Year!

inspirationpie said:
    January 1, 2018 at 12:12 PM

Happy New Year, Ryder! Wishing you lots of treats and snuggles in 2018! Sorry about the flight craziness. Sadly, it’s almost expected this time of year, it seems!

Patty said:
    January 1, 2018 at 12:22 PM

Happy New Year Ryder! Tell Dad 1 to get you your own pillow and to tuck you in each night after a treat of course. If you had your own pillow then maybe you wouldn’t push him to the floor. 😉

January 1, 2018 at 12:31 PM

I see that you will always be on his side! He does have his own bed! LOL 😛

Happy New Year! Hope your 2018 is going well already.

Patty said:
        January 1, 2018 at 11:13 PM

But your bed is soooo much better. 🤪
        Happy New Year to you too. It has been a relaxing start. I really need to get back to my blogging more. I have been neglecting it this season.

January 2, 2018 at 8:39 AM

Holidays do that, it’s totally understandable!

authorsinspirations said:
    January 1, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Great resolutions Ryder – got your name right – and happy new year!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    January 1, 2018 at 2:19 PM

hahaha love Ryder’s resolutions!! Happy New Year!!

January 1, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Whaaat?! That service was appalling! I know not to book any flights with Delta when I come over! 😲 Happy New Year Ryder go get those rodents! 🐀🐁

January 1, 2018 at 4:25 PM

haha, he’s a hungry puppy — yeah it was bad this time on air flights!

anne leueen said:
    January 1, 2018 at 5:38 PM

Hay Ryder! Good to hear from you. Your Dads had a frightful time on those flights! I have done some air travel as I’ve been back and forth to Germany a couple of times They are always pretty good with we horses. We get put in a big crate thing and we are served hay and water. It’s not bad. Anyway all the humans are prattling on about the New Year and resolutions so it looks like you are on top of that. All the best….your friend Biasini.

January 1, 2018 at 5:38 PM

I’m so glad you’re surviving this cold, B! I just keep curling up under blankets on the couch. Germany, wow you are well traveled! 🙂

anne leueen said:
        January 1, 2018 at 6:05 PM

Sorry to tell you this Ryder but I am now in Florida. My human comes here for he winter. Stay warm up there.

January 1, 2018 at 6:07 PM

Thanks – you too!

dtills said:
    January 1, 2018 at 9:05 PM

Oh No! I did not know about Sue Grafton 😦 I have read her whole series and always look forward to the next book. So sad. I do hope they find a way to release her last manuscript. Happy New Year Ryder.

bmary8222 said:
    January 2, 2018 at 9:46 AM

Love the resolutions!!!!

carhicks said:
    January 2, 2018 at 10:02 AM

Happy New Year Ryder. I am glad the dads made it home to you. You need to tell them to pursue the airline for some kind of compensation. Glad you are trimmer and made some great resolutions.

January 2, 2018 at 12:09 PM

Happy New Year! 🙂 I do plan to be pushy with Delta. 😛 Thanks

January 3, 2018 at 4:54 PM

Oh, Ryder, Our Hero, your 2018 goals are sooooo worthy! Lena has not made any goals, then no one will berate her when she never achieves them!