365 Challenge: Day 316 – Rewind

Rewind: to wind backwards and look at something again

rewind

Prior to everything that happened in the last few weeks, I had plans to visit friends in Hudson, New York this weekend. We considered re-scheduling, as neither W nor I were really up for being social, especially not an entire weekend; however, these are good, long-term friends who understood we needed a quiet weekend just hanging out, cooking and maybe a little downtown window shopping. So… we left last night (Friday) and will return tomorrow (Sunday). I think getting out of the apartment will help this weekend and allow us to rewind a little back to a happier place and time. But that’s not the reason rewind is today’s 365 Daily Challenge word. I’ve been trying to decide how to approach reading all the posts, tweets and messages I missed in the last few weeks, but ultimately, I’ve chosen how to best handle it for me right now.

When Ryder went to the doctor on January 11th, I continued to post for a couple of days, but barely read anything from other people’s sites. After we knew how bad it was, I stopped looking at all social media and my blogs, responding only if someone sent me a personal message. I’ve decided not to go back and try to catch up on anything during the last two weeks; instead, I plan to start reading posts this weekend while I’m away, as I normally would, to keep close with all my online friends. That said… I wanted to offer a chance to anyone to let me know if there was anything you posted or saw that I missed during the last two weeks. I’ll rewind back and read anything that you think would be good for me to catch up on. So… if you had a post you tagged me in, or a post you thought might help me, or you shared something about me or my book, or anything else, feel free to respond with the link or how to find it. I’ll happily catch up, read and respond on those types of messages so it’s not like I ignored your kindness. No pressure either!

I just wanted to let everyone know how grateful I am for your support, and to explain why I hadn’t read or responded to anything in the last two weeks. I’m close to being back on a normal schedule of reading and posting, but should there be anything in the past you need me to do a rewind on, please let me know. 🙂

43 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 316 – Rewind

LA said:
    January 27, 2018 at 6:56 AM

Xoxo….but you should read everything I write because I’m that awesome…..😝….take care of yourself!! Sending you tons of love as always!!

January 27, 2018 at 7:00 AM

I hope you guys have a good time this weekend and enjoy some time away. I haven’t posted anything pertaining to your book or tagged, but I did post a few Flower Fridays that might spread some cheer and a raw cookie breakfast. 🌻 Take care. Thinking of you. 💖

Mintly said:
    January 27, 2018 at 7:13 AM

This is a really positive post! I really like it. *hugs* Things will eventually getting better. Have a great weekend. Take care.

Jessica Rachow said:
    January 27, 2018 at 7:24 AM

Enjoy your time away and take care of yourselves. 😊❤

authorsinspirations said:
    January 27, 2018 at 7:57 AM

enjoy your time, and don’t worry about what you missed.

January 27, 2018 at 8:00 AM

I hope you have a fabulous time!!!

January 27, 2018 at 8:50 AM

I’m glad you and W decided to get away for a while and I hope you both enjoy your time away with your friends. I’m going to leave a link to my post with my review of You by Caroline Kepnes because I know you kept saying you couldn’t wait to see my thoughts on it. Don’t feel like you have to read it because you definitely don’t. As you know already I didn’t really enjoy it at all. Anyways here’s the link https://mistysbookspace.wordpress.com/2018/01/14/review-mash-up/

N. N. Light said:
    January 27, 2018 at 10:17 AM

Oops meant with you in mind. *rolls eyes*

January 27, 2018 at 12:19 PM

Nothing earth shattering from me, my big stuff has been in the last few days 🙂 Hope you guys have a wonderful relaxing visit. Being with old friends who know and love you is a great way to spend a weekend. Allow yourself to start feeling good again.

roseelaineblog said:
    January 27, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Great idea skipping the past posts. Enjoy your weekend 😊

The Cozy Pages said:
    January 27, 2018 at 1:17 PM

After two days I feel overwhelmed with catching up. Enjoy your weekend. Unwind then rewind. All the best.

tylerus said:
    January 27, 2018 at 2:35 PM

Enjoy the weekend. Time does [eventually] heal grief and pain, but it never takes away those wonderful, amazing memories that are worth rewinding to. Take care. 🙂

Book Club Mom said:
    January 27, 2018 at 3:16 PM

Enjoy your time away! Sometimes I go back and look at missed posts, but it creates a lot of stress when I’m pressed for time. I’ve been sick for a week and missed a lot of everything and recently decided just to jump back in, but not go back and read older posts. There is simply not enough time to do it all, is there?

January 28, 2018 at 1:57 PM

There is never enough time. Feel better. Take care of yourself please. 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    January 27, 2018 at 5:42 PM

Just take all the time you need Jay!

dtills said:
    January 27, 2018 at 8:32 PM

Have a wonderful and relaxing weekend Jay 🙂

inspirationpie said:
    January 27, 2018 at 9:27 PM

I’m glad you and W are taking time for yourselves. It’s important! You’ve had a rough couple of weeks. Hugs to you both ❤ ❤ ❤

By Hook Or By Book ~ Book Reviews, News, & Other Stuff said:
    January 28, 2018 at 1:33 AM

I think this was a good idea for you and W to get away for the weekend. And I didn’t post anything earth-shattering on my blog (although I’m still mourning the passing of Ursula K LeGuin)😰 I know difficult times still lie ahead, but I hope you come back tomorrow feeling a little refreshed.🤗😙

The Narnia Book Tag – Blame Chocolate said:
    January 28, 2018 at 5:42 AM

[…] in a Story • Stephanie @ Teacher of YA • Sydney @ Fire and Rain Books • Bibliofiles13 • James @ This is My Truth Now • Kim @ By Hook or by […]

carhicks said:
    January 28, 2018 at 3:54 PM

You need to take as much time as you need. Getting away is good for you to rest and rejuvenate. We understand and are here for you too.