2018: January (Read) & February (To Be Read – TBR)

In the hopes I can control my all-too-frequent impulse purchases and agreements to read new books, I started a new monthly segment on my blog where I list all the books I will read in the upcoming month. I hope that having something written, where I can be held accountable, helps me keep from increasing the TBR until I clear off many books I already want to read. I am going to plan 8 or 9 books each month, which is in-line with my 2018 Goodreads challenge to read in total 104 books (two per week). I’ve left some room to add anything in case I win an ARC or have a due date for an unplanned read.

fefe

That said, let’s dive into next month’s planned reads…

dfdw.png

In case you’re curious what I read in January, the list is below. Seventeen (17) books… don’t ask me how that happened, but I exceeded my planned TBR and am on schedule, if not ahead, to clear out my queue of books I already own/downloaded. Here’s what I read:

James’s 9-read-2018-01-january book montage

Plum Pudding Murder
The Resurrection of Joan Ashby
Funeral Platter: Stories
Erin Bailey is a Time Lord
Sir Alex Sleighs a Dragon

James’s favorite books »

Share book reviews and ratings with James, and even join a book club on Goodreads.

I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.

28 thoughts on “2018: January (Read) & February (To Be Read – TBR)

Gloria W. said:
    January 31, 2018 at 2:53 PM

Can’t wait to read your posts

bettylouise31 said:
    January 31, 2018 at 4:11 PM

I been doing something similar with site pages. I lost three and keep the rest as gifts. I immediately add a new book I accept from NetGalley and the date of its publication. I also keep about 3 books on my reading page on Goodreads. This allows what books I need to read. NetGalley informs if I have books longer than 3 months. I know the number. That is how I caught one I had forgotten about. It now up in my queue before too much longer.

January 31, 2018 at 5:44 PM

It’s great to have a process that works! I’m almost there. 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

bettylouise31 said:
        January 31, 2018 at 6:20 PM

Autochange sure change one sentence. It should have read “I print three and keep the rest as drafts.” As the months change I add the new one and delete a month.

Samantha Duffy said:
    January 31, 2018 at 5:57 PM

wow! 17?!? That is insane. It is almost an incentive to read more than your planned though, that way you can reward yourself with something you didn’t think you’d get to this month! That for me anyway, is always wonderful :]

January 31, 2018 at 5:58 PM

Exactly! I have 5 left I committed to read them 15 I want to read. Then I can search for more books to download or buy!

January 31, 2018 at 6:18 PM

I can’t wait to see what you think of Still Me!

dtills said:
    January 31, 2018 at 6:44 PM

Oooh, I have wanted to read “into the water” for some time, that time might be now!

Book Club Mom said:
    January 31, 2018 at 9:33 PM

You are definitely a reading machine! Keep those pages turning!

The Cozy Pages said:
    January 31, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Wow. That is all. 😉

AJ said:
    February 1, 2018 at 12:48 AM

Still Me is on my list too:)

MoJo said:
    February 1, 2018 at 6:56 AM

You are such a voracious reader! I utterly envy you my friend. I’ve mentioned that you are quite fabulous, yes?? Maybe once or twice?? ❤️ I’ve missed talking to you, but you pop into my brain constantly. I’m just so proud of you JC4. Hugs and more hugs to you. Joanna

February 1, 2018 at 7:50 AM

You’re so kind. Xoxo. Message anytime. I know we both get busy but we’re always a click away! I have kept busy reading rather than think about the bad things this year. It’s easier 🙂

MoJo said:
        February 3, 2018 at 8:47 AM

I understand needing to point your attention elsewhere. Big hugs to you darling. ❤️

Aj @ Read All The Things! said:
    February 1, 2018 at 12:00 PM

Wow, 17 books is impressive! Good luck with your February TBR!

February 1, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Thank you. I had a lot of free time, was avoiding some personal situations and committed to a lot without realizing it. 🙂

misifusa said:
    February 1, 2018 at 9:24 PM

Wow! You are a voracious reader!!

Cozynookbks said:
    February 1, 2018 at 11:13 PM

Great idea!

February 3, 2018 at 9:00 PM

Ambitious plans, and if anyone can carry them out, you can. At my “advanced” (ahem) age, I am learning not to make plans but to go with what grabs me at the moment. It is less stressful, and I find myself doing what I want to do rather than what I had planned to do, or what I SHOULD do. Can you believe this coming out of former-control-freak me?