365 Challenge: Day 328 – Today

Today: the word I typed into a Google search form this morning to see if it sparked something brilliant for the 365 Daily Challenge

today.png

Every once in a while, fate likes to play with me. My mind is blank after writing three book reviews and editing for ten hours yesterday. I couldn’t conjure a word and just typed today into the Google search field. I assumed it would return some fun sites with things to do, news about the weather, or historical information about what happened on today’s date. Instead I was treated to the news (really, it’s not news) from the website today.com, which I have certainly heard of but never spent any time viewing. Pictures immediately drew my eyes as the first place to focus. I’m linear and read left to right. The first things I get to choke on: (a) someone adding highlights to their hair and (b) a Kardashian baby name… I stopped there. Literally. I might have cried. For humanity. For the reality we live in. For what’s happened to us. Oh… how do I not make this a horrible ranting post. Where are you when I need you, Ryder!

Seriously, this is news? We’ve all complained about it before, but if that’s showing as the top things, it means people are searching for it enough that it makes it to the top of the news feeds and returned searches. I hope I’m not offending anyone who finds all that stuff interesting, but it kinda annoyed me that it was the first thing being returned this morning. I digress… it caused me to just sit there and snarl for a few minutes, which meant I had little time to come up with a real word for today’s 365 post. As a result, you get to suffer with lazy content just like I suffered with LAZY content. Ha!

No more Google searches for me this week. Bad things happen. When I looked yesterday as research for how a character might feel over a certain situation, some of the returned sites were NOT what I’d expected. So… I will continue to just make some stuff up based on how I think the person would feel. I guess my sarcastic side has come out already and it’s only 8am. I wonder what will happen when I try to focus on editing today. Later, Friends…

31 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 328 – Today

February 8, 2018 at 8:45 AM

I thought you were sarcastic 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!🧐

authorsinspirations said:
    February 8, 2018 at 9:01 AM

if you typed that word around here, you’d have gotten a chocolate commercial.

LA said:
    February 8, 2018 at 9:36 AM

😀😀try typing tomorrow……

Atwood Cutting said:
    February 8, 2018 at 10:22 AM

Three days ago my husband and I decided to stop watching the news. Last night we had to catch the 9:00 broadcast, just to find out why the flags have been at half-mast, and what to wear on the morrow. Answer: another shooting, and warm before a storm. Are we doomed to remain informed of humanity’s insanity? At least, the local news does not report on the Kardashian doings, thankfully.
    I detest things as they are. In fact, human habits seem to be even less comprehensible now, than when I fled from the world and sought peace and harmony in a remote spot at the end of a road in Alaska. Darn it!
    My personal solution is to try to only spend time with folks who have kind hearts, and to deliver joy through my creative talents. It won’t solve the world’s problems, since we are the world’s problems. But it makes life tolerable. Okay, “Today’s” diatribe is over. Hope you have a “good day,” my friend.

February 8, 2018 at 4:29 PM

It makes complete sense. There’s good and bad news. And then there’s overkill with the ‘scaring’ people versus stating difficult things people unfortunately need to know about the news. But it’s become some a game instead of realistic information delivery… Always good to hear from you!

AJ said:
    February 8, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Oh my! That really is sad!

Atwood Cutting said:
    February 8, 2018 at 10:32 AM

Yes. It is.

Atwood Cutting said:
    February 8, 2018 at 10:35 AM

I knew I shouldn’t have pushed the “comment” button, but Jay’s post struck a nerve. Sorry, if I disturbed anyone.

tahenryauthoress said:
    February 8, 2018 at 10:51 AM

I used to go to this celebrity gossip site for my mindless entertainment while I had my first cup of coffee. Back in the day when you had to delineate mindless gossip from real news venues.
    Sigh. I don’t bother anymore.

February 8, 2018 at 12:01 PM

I don’t look at the “news” much either. My husband reads the newspaper every day, cover to cover, and lets me know if there is something really important I need to know about. I do skim the AOL headlines but only the first five or so. After that it is like your “Today” above and I can’t waste my time on that. Too many interesting blog posts to read instead 🙂

raynotbradbury said:
    February 8, 2018 at 5:57 PM

Next time type “cake” & press on images 😂😂

dtills said:
    February 8, 2018 at 9:52 PM

Jay, I am shocked! You mean you are not interested in all things Kardashian? I don’t think I even spelled that right, that’s how much I care!

declutteringmylifeweb said:
    February 9, 2018 at 12:49 PM

we can not and maybe must not always worry about serious things. However, I hope that vaulable news have a wide audience along with this light news.

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    February 9, 2018 at 1:43 PM

Got to admit that what goes for news nowadays is quite shockingly ridiculous. Especially in the entertainment business where it’s all about drama and TMZ stuff… People live and breath for those kinds of stuff… 😦

carhicks said:
    February 12, 2018 at 1:22 PM

As long as people search for it, watch it or buy the magazine’s, it will be “NEWS”. It is really too bad that we are more interested in celebrities and internet stars than all the people suffering in the world. I guess it makes some people feel better about their own life.