365 Challenge: Day 335 – Destination

Destination: the place to which someone or something is going or being sent

destin.jpg

“Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.” (Author Unknown)

There are many versions of this inspirational quote, but above is one of my favorites. The destination is always our initial thought, not the conscious emotions we feel during the pathway to get there. Along the route, we might have wins and losses, pain and joy, or fear and hope. Once we arrive, those earlier feelings are often forgotten steps when we finally focus on basking in the achievement of our end goal. It’s really the entire journey we should consider as the destination — that’s where we make the memories for the future.

28 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 335 – Destination

February 15, 2018 at 8:58 AM

Love this quote!!

tylerus said:
    February 15, 2018 at 9:02 AM

So true. Every step (or stumble) we take, leads us to that destination. It may seem awkward or difficult at the time but, ultimately, it makes us stronger AND appreciative when we arrive. Thank you. 🙂

Martie said:
    February 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM

You are getting closer to the end. Then what?

February 15, 2018 at 9:25 AM

I’ve got a few ideas. A few regular segments each week, but no requirement to post every day. I enjoy it, but sometimes it’s a bit forced rather than I have something of value to say. 🙂 Maybe guest posters too! 🙂

Martie said:
        February 15, 2018 at 9:30 AM

haha…don’t look at me. I almost always enjoy reading your daily post and I always wonder how you can keep coming up with new ideas.

February 15, 2018 at 9:44 AM

Thank you. I am looking forward to reading and commenting more on other posts after I’m done, too. I read most everything but don’t get to comment because the 365 takes about 1 hour each day between writing it, posting it and responding. Love it, but it’ll be a good amount of time back. As for the ideas, I’m a thinker! LOL

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    February 15, 2018 at 9:36 AM

Beautifully stated and a great reminder that we all need to enjoy the journey no matter how bumpy that road is.. I mean, we only get one chance, right?

February 15, 2018 at 9:45 AM

Yes… at least that we remember, right? I always wonder what happens… maybe the book Origin by Dan Brown (reading it now) is just messing with me.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        February 15, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Ha ha! Ya, that’ll definitely be a bit of a confusion! I both want to know what happens, and don’t want to know… I also wonder, if others are correct and we actually get more than one ride, if give the choice, would I want to get in that car again??

February 15, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Oy, I suppose it all depends on how much you retain (in subconscious?) and progress as opposed to step backward in choices… I need more coffee, i think.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        February 15, 2018 at 9:56 AM

Ha ha! Ya… Way too early in the morning here for this conversation!! Funny because I’m reading a book right now called ‘Crux of Paramour: Genesis’ by Jim Neville that would ALSO fit very well with this conversation. Lol!!

February 15, 2018 at 10:37 AM

I’ll have to check that one out, thanks.

February 15, 2018 at 10:28 AM

Great quote. I think that about most things. Imagine what we miss if we focus only on the destination and not the road that takes us there! Happy Thursday.

Kiersten said:
    February 15, 2018 at 12:31 PM

I like this one. My life has had tons of ups and downs. Even when I’ have really low periods and it’s hard to see a way back out (thanks, depression!) in the back of my mind I know this is true. I’ve come such a long way from where I was 5, 10, even just one year ago.

robbiesinspiration said:
    February 15, 2018 at 12:38 PM

It often seems as if all paths are difficult, James. So much competition these days but, on the other hand, at least we all get an opportunity.

Beware Of The Reader said:
    February 15, 2018 at 3:59 PM

Wise words today Jay! 😉

overthehillontheyellowbrickroad said:
    February 15, 2018 at 4:02 PM

So true.

anne leueen said:
    February 15, 2018 at 9:22 PM

Wonderful quote. I will remember this one. Thank you .

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    February 15, 2018 at 9:26 PM

Beautiful quote and completely agree with you. The entire journey is the real destination. Thanks for sharing, James. 🙂

carhicks said:
    February 19, 2018 at 6:52 PM

Absolutely correct. Not only in life’s journeys, but actual trips we take in life. My husband and I drove as often as we could and the sidetrips we took were often more enjoyable than the final destination.