365 Challenge: Day 337 – Flounce

Flounce: go or move in an exaggeratedly impatient or angry manner

flounce

I previously heard the word flounce, but I really hadn’t used it in anything I said or wrote. It appeared in my head this morning when I was trying to describe my mood or emotions, as I immediately thought of those cute street marketing ploys in the pictures. It made me laugh. I often feel like I need to flounce… not from anger or impatience, but just because it might be a good way to shake loose that unsettled feeling or confusion over something. Maybe we should have a national flounce day! Who’s with me?

25 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 337 – Flounce

Mary Deal said:
    February 17, 2018 at 10:07 AM

This is a huge undertaking, one few would attempt. You are putting out a lot of information and giving promotion for others as well. A selfless commitment. Thank you.

robbiesinspiration said:
    February 17, 2018 at 10:10 AM

A great word, flounce. I am very flouncy because I am either extremely happy or extremely annoyed. There is no middle ground.

foodinbooks said:
    February 17, 2018 at 10:13 AM

Flounce is a great word, very dramatic and visual. Whenever I read it in a book, I can always picture the person bounding out of the room with their hair bounding after them. I always picture somebody with curly hair for some reason.

February 17, 2018 at 1:08 PM

That’s astute… curly hair makes sense! How are you doing? I recall it being a rough end of year for you….

foodinbooks said:
        February 17, 2018 at 1:22 PM

A lot better. Thank you! Just family and personal life stuff got me down, plus I don’t like Christmas anyway. But I’m back to my usual self. 🙂

February 17, 2018 at 1:35 PM

okay, big hugs…. glad you are back to your usual wonderful self

Kiersten said:
    February 17, 2018 at 10:31 AM

I’m in! Let’s all be flouncy! (Surprisingly, “flouncy” is a real word. Who knew?)

February 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM

I think that flouncy is a word in a song… what is it???? oh, it’s gonna bug me all day now.

February 17, 2018 at 11:20 AM

Yay to flounce. I think of lots of petticoats and ruffles. Happy Saturday.

February 17, 2018 at 1:09 PM

Totally true! I’m watching Dr. Thorne on Amazon Prime video and that is probably where it came from!

tylerus said:
    February 17, 2018 at 1:31 PM

Hear, hear – I’m all for flouncing. In fact, I feel a fit of flounce-dom coming on. 🙂

February 17, 2018 at 1:45 PM

Excellent! Send a good picture of the flouncy afternoon. 🙂

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    February 17, 2018 at 3:09 PM

hahaha love the gifs- a flounce day would be awesome 😉

DanicaPiche said:
    February 17, 2018 at 3:24 PM

I like the sound of the word too. 🙂

February 17, 2018 at 3:56 PM

I’m still laughing at how I managed to get from flouncing to heavy metal a skilled brainwasher I am! 😂

February 18, 2018 at 10:16 AM

You haven’t seen flouncing since you’ve seen a 73 year old, white-headed lady do it! I have a dress with a flounce at the hem, which I love. I called it my kicky hem/dress. My elderly friend called it my “floozy dress.” LOL

February 18, 2018 at 4:55 PM

That is something I’d love to see… would be a fun afternoon of just relaxing and enjoying life without any worries.

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
    February 18, 2018 at 10:52 PM

lol I can honestly say I’ve never even heard of this word before…. But, I love it and am totally in for a national Flounce day. Seems like a recurring mood for me, happens all the time! lol

carhicks said:
    February 19, 2018 at 6:09 PM

When I was s kid and being dramatic my mom used to say that I flounced around. I can not remember using it though. It is kind of fun sounding though.