Grateful: (a) feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness; thankful, or (b) 365 Daily Challenge word for today’s author alert — Russ Towne
If you are new to the ThisIsMyTruthNow blog, the 365 Daily Challenge, or the Author Alert segment, check out the About Site section from the main menu. Below are some key things to know about this author, but at the end of this post you’ll see the permanent page I’ve added to my blog. You can return to check out more on who he is, what he’s writing, and how to buy his future work. I am pleased to present the very talented Russ Towne. You’ll find out more if you read one of his published books, but as two teasers, read the reviews I’ve already written on his children’s books Wilbur the Duck Who Flew Upside Down and Sir Alex Sleighs a Dragon.
Russ is an incredibly gifted writer and a true gentleman. He and I connected about 4 months ago through a fellow blogger who thought we might want to chat given we both worked in the business world and turned to writing at some point in our careers. We followed one another’s blogs, chatted a bit, then he sent me two of his books (hardcover)! I was so excited when they arrived in the mail. After I read the first one, I brought it with me to visit family in Louisiana and shared it with younger nephews and nieces who will in turn share it with others. I have his second book on my shelf and will show it to friends with kids when they visit me in NYC. His books are beyond creative… they have lessons children can learn in a fun way.
He’s quite prolific as you’ll see below… and I am excited to check out some of his other fiction. Let’s turn today’s blog over to him and see what he has to say…
- Mysti Z’s Magical Day children’s picture book scheduled for release February 21, 2018.
- Sunny Saves the Day a children’s picture book scheduled for release February 28, 2018.
- Blood Oaths a fiction anthology of suspenseful crime drama stories scheduled for release March 31, 2018.
- Other projects I’m developing but which aren’t as far along include:
- (Title TBD) an anthology of Magic/Fantasy stories.
- Elm Street Ladies Club stories about a group of little old ladies that get into all kinds of predicaments, part comedy and part crime solvers/suspense.
Russ lives with his wife in Campbell, California, USA. They’ve been married since 1979, have three adult children and five grandchildren. His passions include family, friends, writing and investing. Russ wrote his first book in 2013 when he was fifty-six and has written and published dozens of books that can be found on Amazon.com and elsewhere.
Russ delights in seeing the expressions on the faces of young children and their loved ones as they experience his children’s picture, early reader, and chapter books. He enjoys reading his stories in classrooms, schools, libraries, and anywhere young children gather. Russ revels in interacting with youngsters, answering their questions, and inspiring a love within them for the magic of reading and writing.
Russ savors experiencing nature, especially near rivers and streams that run through giant redwood groves, and near beautiful beaches. He enjoys watching classic movies, reading, and visiting his tiny fern garden and redwood grove. Russ greatly enjoys managing the investments of Clients of the wealth management firm he founded in 2003.
The titles of the books he has written, compiled, and published include:
Books for Young Children:
- Sunny Saves the Grumpadinkles
- Mysti Z’s Magical Day
- Wilbur the Duck Who Flew Upside Down
- Sir Alex Sleighs a Dragon
- Flora Belle and Dreami Dragon
- The Beach that Love Built
- A Day in the Shade of a Tickletoe Tree
- Zach and the Toad Who Rode a Bull
- V. G. and Dexter Dufflebee
- Ki-Gra’s REALLY, REALLY BIG Day!
- Clyde and Friends
- Clyde and Hoozy Whatzadingle
- Clyde and I Help a Hippo to Fly
- Rusty Bear and Thomas, Too
- Clyde and I
- Honest, Honey, That’s How It Happened
- Stop Peeing in the Kitty Litter!
- Slices of Life An anthology of the selected non-fiction stories of several writers.
- Reflections from the Heart of a Grateful Man
- It Was Her Eyes A novella
- Touched Short stories and flash fiction
- Palpable Imaginings An anthology of stories by several writers in various genres.
To see more about Russ Towne on ThisIsMyTruthNow, check out his dedicated author page where future content and books will added as he publishes them and I review them. Thanks for stopping by this edition of the Author Alert.
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.
This entry was posted in 365 - February 2018 Posts, 365 Day Challenge, Author Spotlight, My Blog and tagged 365, 365 Daily Challenge, 365 Days, author, children's literature, fiction, grateful, picture book, russ towne, writer.