365 Challenge: Day 344 – Rain

Rain: moisture condensed from the atmosphere that falls visibly in separate drops

There is something about rain I’ve always loved. Cool or warm. Heavy or light. It’s comforting. I never carry an umbrella and I will only take one with me if I expect a huge thunderstorm. As long as it’s a light sprinkle, I don’t mind getting hit with drops while walking to/from a cab or subway. If it’s in the middle in terms of a downpour versus dusting, I’ll run ahead of others or wait under an awning for a few minutes. Sometimes I’ll buddy up with another person who has an umbrella if we’re on our way somewhere. It can be romantic to cuddle under one while walking through a lovely garden or cobblestone street. If we’re on our way home, I am okay getting wet. It’s cleansing. It feels renewable. I like the dance or tickle on my face while refreshing my skin. I enjoy the sounds of thunder and lightning. I smile when it falls on lush greenery or foliage. It has a calming impact on me.

I’m writing this post on Thursday but it won’t post until the weekend as I’ve got a visitor staying with me for a few days. I sure hope it doesn’t rain the whole weekend as she’s coming from a place where there’s been lots of snow recently. Nonetheless, it will be a fun trip and I look forward to our plans and growing our friendship… I don’t plan to update this post, so while you’re reading it, there may be rain or it might have stayed drier than we expected. Either case… a weekend filled with two of my favorite things: friends and rain!

Those who know me well remember that I want to live in England… and since there’s a lot of rain there, it kinda makes sense, huh? How about you? Do you love or hate this rainy weather?

41 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 344 – Rain

authorsinspirations said:
    February 24, 2018 at 7:15 AM

It rains in the summer in Brazil more than it does in the winter. quick showers and thunderstorms, and even if you stay under it the entire time, an hour later you’d probably be dry – undergarments included.

i hope you have fun with friend, and that it stays dry so you guys can enjoy time out.

Colline said:
    February 24, 2018 at 7:26 AM

I love the fresh clean scent after it has rained. The world seems to have been washed clean.

theloyalbritwit said:
    February 24, 2018 at 8:21 AM

Rain is so relaxing and therapeutic! ❤ I don't mind it one jot. It's great to listen to if I need white noise to focus for writing, working, or meditating. (It's even better to listen to rain and ocean waves together. Magic, I tell you!) Have a fabulous weekend!! 🙂

delphini510 said:
    February 24, 2018 at 8:56 AM

You might change your mind about rain if you lived in England. Most of the time it is icy and pouring. Most people did it tough and wait for the sun to show so you can stick your pale face out.:)
    Oh, you have to practice weather talk, it is big here.😉☔️ .

Judy said:
    February 24, 2018 at 10:32 AM

I love walking in rain, unless it’s a frog-stranglin’-gully-washer, then I want to be inside. At least once a year, the rain will come down so hard and fast it’s blowing sideways, and I can’t see across the street. I also enjoy thunderstorms where the rumbling never stops, provided my computer and modem are unplugged and safe. Yes, we once had a lightning strike less than a half mile away; it fried my modem and blew up my computer. The processor exploded and melted the motherboard into a smooth, single sheet of metal. It looks cool, but I cried. My brother blessedly managed to save my documents from my hard drive.

AJ said:
    February 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM

I like rain- I can go anywhere in it if I want to, but it also makes a great excuse to stay home and read my book:)

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    February 24, 2018 at 12:10 PM

hehe yes it makes a lot of sense if you like the rain to live in England! (I actually personally hate the rain, so have a different perspective 😉 ) Anyway, I hope you have a lovely weekend with your friends!

February 24, 2018 at 12:20 PM

“It never rains in California…” I don’t use an umbrella either. Just give me a hood or a hat and I’m fine with it. Love listening to the rain while reading a good book in front of the fire or opening the window a crack to hear the rain when I go to sleep. Hope you are having fun with your visitor!

Book Club Mom said:
    February 24, 2018 at 1:33 PM

I like summer rain because everything looks and smells so fresh and clean afterwards. I’m a little tired of all the rain we’ve been getting lately though! Looking forward to some sunshine!

moorezart said:
    February 24, 2018 at 1:41 PM

Reblogged this on From 1 Blogger 2 Another.

The Cozy Pages said:
    February 24, 2018 at 3:53 PM

Hahaha… definitely lots of grey and rain in England! You’d love it. I really learnt to appreciate sunny days when I lived there. I also learnt to appreciate pubs… but that’s an entirely different story 😉
    Hope you get some nice weather to enjoy the visit.

inspirationpie said:
    February 24, 2018 at 3:55 PM

I think you are going to have an AWESOME weekend whether its raining or not! Have a great time and take lots of pictures! Wish I could be there too! ❤

thegsandwich said:
    February 24, 2018 at 5:01 PM

I love rain, but not the cold stuff we’ve been getting lately. Cut short a walk today with the dog because it was just so miserable. But the sound of rain and a thunderstorm is great. I even have it on my sound machine, and play it often to get to sleep.

February 25, 2018 at 9:37 AM

poor dog! But I guess there’s always a need for compromise. The sounds are the best part.

russtowne said:
    February 24, 2018 at 5:41 PM

I love rain, thunder, and lightning. I live in a part of California that is semi-arid (Silicon Valley.) We often need far more rain then we get. That sometimes leads to severe multi-year droughts. Thunderstorms and lightning are especially infrequent here and I especially enjoy them because I so rarely get to experience them.

February 25, 2018 at 9:38 AM

I forgot about the rain in California. There was a lot in San Francisco. The droughts are not good, tho. Been a lot lately.

February 24, 2018 at 9:08 PM

I try to stay in when it rains because for me having to get my wheelchair in and out of the car I tend to end up soaked. I can’t carry an umbrella so there’s no avoiding it. I don’t mind getting wet so long as I don’t get soaked and muddy.

February 25, 2018 at 9:38 AM

🙂 muddy is not good

February 25, 2018 at 9:43 AM

No it definitely isn’t but when it rains getting from my house to my car is always a struggle that’s why I try to just stay home unless I absolutely have to go out.

February 25, 2018 at 7:36 AM

I love the rain! Anything is better than snow!

frjameson said:
    February 26, 2018 at 5:37 AM

You’re more than welcome to come and join us here in Blighty, James.

Cozynookbks said:
    February 26, 2018 at 8:18 AM

I love rain too. The first time I watched You’ve Got Mail on television was on a cozy, rainy day, and it set the perfect mood for that sweet, romantic movie. I love England too. I’d love to visit the English countryside, drink tea and eat scones while watching a British mystery. Oohhh…..

N. N. Light's Book Heaven said:
    February 26, 2018 at 8:30 AM

I love the rain, though it makes me feel sleepy. There’s nothing I like more than curling up with a good book during a rainstorm.

carhicks said:
    February 28, 2018 at 9:29 AM

In the summer, I love swimming in the rain as long as it is not a storm. It is great to sit and read by a window when it is rainy, but again not storming. As you can see, I like rain, but not storms.