Day: February 28, 2018
Readathon: a fun event coming up in April 2018 on my blog where anyone can join in reading an Agatha Christie book during each of the 4 weeks, then post a review, and on the last day we will discuss with other participants
I’m an avid mystery reader and one of my favorite authors is Agatha Christie. I shared a post on this wonderful writer several months ago and have a dedicated page to her on my blog. Click on both links to see what I’ve read or said in the past. I am planning an upcoming Agatha Christie readathon for the month of April and would love to have other participants. Today is the kick off to let everyone know the dates and overall plan. The goal is to revisit an old favorite, connect with new bloggers and share the love we have for this fantastic author. Below is the structure and guidelines of the April Agatha Christie Readathon:
- In April 2018, we will read 4 books written by Agatha Christie.
- We will follow a schedule (6 days to read, 1 day to post review):
- We read the first book from Sun 4/1 thru Fri 4/6, then post reviews on Sat 4/7. It will be from a non-series book I haven’t read.
- We read the second book from Sun 4/8 thru Fri 4/13, then post reviews on Sat 4/14. It will be a book from the Hercule Poirot series.
- We read the third book from Sun 4/15 thru Fri 4/20, then post reviews on Sat 4/21. It will be a book I’ve already read but I will re-read another time.
- We read the fourth book from Sun 4/22 thru Fri 4/27, then post reviews on Sat 4/28. It will be a book from the Miss Marple series.
- You can read only one week, a few weeks, or all four weeks — your choice!
- Reviews/Posts can be any format, but you will link back to my main page where I will then list all the blogs or websites who are participating so that everyone can find your reviews.
- How we will choose the books:
- I’ll choose 5 in each category that interest me, but you have a few days to reply here with any suggestions for me to consider adding to the poll later this week.
- I will post a poll that runs from 3/1 thru 3/15 letting people vote on which books to read each week / category.
- I’ll announce the final book list, blog list and schedule by 3/20 to give everyone time to borrow or buy the books.
- You can read beforehand, but don’t post your review until the last day of each week in the appropriate category.
- You can share this with anyone who wants to participate. The more the merrier!
Don’t be shy… reply if you are interested or want to suggest books. Feel free to add any other ideas how to make this even more fun. Share with your friends or on book sites. I can’t wait to buddy read with everyone!
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.