365 Challenge: Day 351 – Sassy

Sassy: lively, bold, and full of spirit; cheeky

sassy.png

Today’s 365 Daily Challenge word has a few meanings or purposes. Since most people reading the blog have probably not met me, spoke to me on the phone, or seen a video of me, you wouldn’t fully know my personality. While I think it comes clear in my writing style, the expressions or words I use, or the banter between various other bloggers, it’s quite different to see it in person. I tend to be sassy in an offbeat way if I am very comfortable around the person, or if I’ve known them for a long enough time. Sassy in terms of truly being witty, sarcastic and silly. I often roll my eyes, pick on you (in a fun way, never mean), or make various noises or expressions in response to words in our conversation. It’s part of my ‘charm’ in the sense I can be very playful when I’m not being a serious stick-in-the-mud! I love the word sassy for this reason, as it’s a pretty accurate description of how I can act sometimes. A blogger I’d never met in person (though chatted on the phone for almost a year) recently visited me and I’m sure she can attest to it! I’ll just stop there to see what she says in response!

Two key things to know today about the word:

• W likes to joke with me when I do this by saying ‘Stop your sass mouth’ as an ode to a certain book and movie we both like. [I guess that’s putting me in my place!]
    • I included a line in my next book that has a character who says something very similar. The person saying it, Janet Graeme, is not a very nice character… so revenge is sweet, eh? [I guess that’s putting someone else in their place!]
  • A friend of mine runs a fantastic literary blog which you must check out — tons of books, author interviews, contests all over every social media site possible SassyBrit or Alternative-Read (check out the link). She’s running a contest thru March 25th to pick a book to read & review with her followers. Watching Glass Shatter (my debut) is one of the five books in the poll. You can vote to help me take first place so she reads the books and it gets more marketing and advertising — it could help me find new readers, followers or fans. The Goodreads Poll link is below and all you have to do is vote in the poll. Thanks in advance!

32 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 351 – Sassy

theloyalbritwit said:
    March 3, 2018 at 8:37 AM

Today’s word speaks to my soul. When I was a kid the two most frequently used words adults used to describe me were “sassy” and “bossy.” 😅 I don’t think I’ve outgrown either, but to be fair I’ve balanced them out a bit more now! I very much like today’s word choice and how you decided to include it.

March 3, 2018 at 8:50 AM

Thank you! Sassy, huh? I wouldn’t have guessed. (Bossy either, tho)…. balance is key. Hope your weekend it starting off well!

theloyalbritwit said:
        March 3, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Oh gosh, yeah!! Finding a good balance is key, you’re right. Thanks Jay and I hope yours will be too! 🙂

March 3, 2018 at 8:47 AM

You are truly the King of Sass! Sass in the morning, sass at lunch and sass in the evening. Sass is your middle name! Mr. Jay Sass Cudney IV…🙄 🙄 🙄

LA said:
    March 3, 2018 at 8:53 AM

Love this word!!

anne leueen said:
    March 3, 2018 at 9:33 AM

Well James J. Cudney the FOURTH! I am delighted to hear you have a Sassy streak in you! Next time I am in NYC I shall request a meeting and would be delighted to see your ‘sass’ in person.

March 3, 2018 at 9:39 AM

Ha! That would be wonderful. Lunch to catch up on all your travels. 🙂

anne leueen said:
        March 3, 2018 at 9:54 AM

OK I’ll let you know. I have a good friend who is in a revival of My Fair Lady opening in NYC so I may take you up on that!

March 3, 2018 at 9:55 AM

🙂 great!

misifusa said:
    March 3, 2018 at 10:22 AM

I identify with the word sassy as well and I love that we are sassy and classy! 🙂 Great post Jay!

Beware Of The Reader said:
    March 3, 2018 at 2:21 PM

Checking this fantastic blog and know that sassy is one of my favorite words and qualities!!!! I love good come back and sassy characters 😉

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    March 3, 2018 at 3:33 PM

It’s always great to get to know you better! 🙂 I love sassy people! 😉 (and characters!)

The Cozy Pages said:
    March 3, 2018 at 4:11 PM

That’s where that line came from. LOL. It’s unique and fitting used by Janet.

Voted!

March 3, 2018 at 9:07 PM

Sassy is definitely a cool word. Rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

Sassy Brit (Reviewer) said:
    March 5, 2018 at 7:53 AM

I keep thinking everyone is talking about me. HAHA!

shalini said:
    March 5, 2018 at 8:54 AM

Am I sassy? With you a bit maybe, with others nahhh. Never been described as Sassy too. It’s a nice word. It can be used teasingly or as an insult vis-a-vis Janet Graeme.

March 5, 2018 at 2:38 PM

Janet is a bitter woman… she’s the mean kind. You are I are the funny kind of sassy!

Hmm. I don’t know why but I’m not surprised to hear that you have a bit of sass in you Jay.😁 I’ve lost some of my sass over the last few years, but I wouldn’t mind recapturing some of it.

carhicks said:
    March 5, 2018 at 5:30 PM

Being Scottish, I hear Cheeky a lot. The older people at my church from Scotland tell me that my grandson is cheeky. BTW, I joined the group on Goodreads and voted. I already bought your book, so I can participate in the monthly read if it is successful;/

March 5, 2018 at 7:37 PM

Oh, that’s great to hear on all accounts. I can’t wait to visit Scotland in the next year or two! And thank you for joining the group. I really appreciate it. 🙂

March 10, 2018 at 3:10 PM

Loved this post, you sassy lil’ thing, you!