365 Challenge: Day 353 – Creativia

Creativia: the publisher who took a chance on me and published Watching Glass Shatter

Untitled.png

Today’s 365 Daily Challenge word is the name of my publisher, Creativia. I was introduced to them by the wonderful Melanie Mole, a past featured Author Alert. I will be sending Creativia the latest version of my second novel tomorrow for their final review and feedback. We will then work together to choose the book cover, discuss the launch plan, and finalize the publication date. I’m very excited and wanted to take a moment to thank them for all their efforts on not only my behalf, but for all the authors and employees working on their team. Kudos to a great company and a group of people. If you’re interested in learning more, check out their website and maybe even join the Street Team to help review and launch their books. They are on Twitter, Facebook and many other social media sites. You might have read a few of their authors on your own or through some of my book reviews.

If you’re interested in learning more, feel free to reach out to them or private message me. It’s a tough business and requires lots of vetting, talent, and energy to be successful, but when you find the right combination, things can soar! I look forward to next steps with book number two… and releasing the name before the end of the month!

56 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 353 – Creativia

cindy knoke said:
    March 5, 2018 at 12:59 AM

How exciting and well deserved! Congratulations!

Piyali said:
    March 5, 2018 at 1:07 AM

Congratulations James on your upcoming novel

March 5, 2018 at 1:12 AM

Sounds like things are moving along quite well. Yay you!

March 5, 2018 at 2:27 AM

Exciting times!

AdForest said:
    March 5, 2018 at 4:19 AM

Many congratulations, and best wishes may you have much more success.

Lisa@LismorePaperCo. said:
    March 5, 2018 at 5:58 AM

This is wonderful! Cannot wait to read it!

The Cozy Pages said:
    March 5, 2018 at 7:16 AM

👍
    Excellent progress. All the best.

shalini said:
    March 5, 2018 at 8:49 AM

Congratulations Jay

theloyalbritwit said:
    March 5, 2018 at 9:12 AM

So exciting Jay!! Congrats!! 😄🎉

March 5, 2018 at 9:30 AM

So exciting!! Congratulations Jay and I can’t wait to read your next book!!

Mary Deal said:
    March 5, 2018 at 10:01 AM

This is a great announcement on behalf of Creativia. We all need to do our part to help make the company grow. They have done right by their authors. Many of us have seen an increase in royalties since moving our books over to them. The same for new writers. Yes, we must do our own promotion, but Creativia has publisher behind the scenes promotional activities that prove they work for us. I’m in, and plan to stay. Oh yes, I must read your next book. You are an exceptional writer that puts the human quality in your stories. A must read for me.

March 5, 2018 at 2:43 PM

Mary — you are a treasure, thank you. I agree with you… we have to support each other and the larger group we belong to. I look forward to your next book, too. Once I finish this one and my 365 Daily Challenge, I plan to read more and catch up again on fellow author’s books!

authorsinspirations said:
    March 5, 2018 at 11:02 AM

feu. had a hard time finding the comment box today. for some reason it just past over it without acknowledging.
    anyway, i almost left without a comment, but then i tried one last time.
    so, my comment was going to be:
    this is great news. good luck.

Run Wright said:
    March 5, 2018 at 12:10 PM

I’m so inspired by your productivity. All the best with the second book.

Stephanie said:
    March 5, 2018 at 12:19 PM

I’m keep saying I’m so excited for you, and I am!! I hope you don’t get tired of hearing it, lol! Or that I can’t wait to read book 2….😉😊

March 5, 2018 at 2:44 PM

I never mind! 🙂 I’m just shy about it. you’re way too kind to me!

Stephanie said:
        March 5, 2018 at 6:22 PM

Aww! You well deserve it! Your humbleness makes you even more deserving. And thank you!

Jenn @ Bound to Writing said:
    March 5, 2018 at 1:10 PM

Amazing progress! I wish you the best with the next steps of your journey!

Creativia sounds like a great publisher and I’m so glad you connected with them Jay. I’m so excited to read your new book!🤗

March 5, 2018 at 2:47 PM

Thank you, Kim… I’m read to send it tomorrow to them, but I’m considering finding one person to read it who hasn’t seen anything on it yet so that I know it’s ready.

N. N. Light's Book Heaven said:
    March 5, 2018 at 4:14 PM

Congrats Jay! Creativia seems to be a great fit for you. 🙂

inspirationpie said:
    March 5, 2018 at 5:06 PM

Thanks for sharing this, Jay! They sound like a great way to go, and I’m glad you had a good experience dealing with them.

I’m excited for you having your novel almost ready! I’m really looking forward to reading it 🙂

Jo-Ann

March 5, 2018 at 7:35 PM

You’re so kind! I made so much progress today on final round editing – I haven’t been this happy with some new tricks/skills I learned in a long time! 🙂 How’s your work coming along?

inspirationpie said:
        March 5, 2018 at 8:30 PM

Hey! That’s awesome! You are on a roll 🙂

I’ve actually started a short story about the backstory of my book. I was getting stuck with some things in my novel and this new project is really clarifying some important details for me, so huge help there 🙂

My writer friends at group often joke about a “shiny new idea’ whenever the going gets tough with your current project. I’m not sure if that’s what’s happening but I think it’s helping lol.

March 5, 2018 at 9:46 PM

Sometimes switching focus really helps. I do that too!

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    March 5, 2018 at 8:04 PM

Sending in your second book!! Well, I’m glad I added your 1st one to my March reading list then! I meant to get to it earlier and had so many things to catch up on! I’m so excited! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    March 5, 2018 at 10:57 PM

I’ve seen Creativia around here and then, and I’m glad that they did give you a chance. Keep it up, Jay! 🙂

Cammie Adams said:
    March 6, 2018 at 3:10 PM

Wow, I can’t believe how calm you sound in that blog post. Are you still breathing?

March 6, 2018 at 7:08 PM

I’m not sure I am…. I wrapped everything up today, just sent it to the editor, and I will have a final clean-up round next week…. but I’m in that weird moment of ‘wait, is this book good or not… aaaah!!!

Cammie Adams said:
        March 6, 2018 at 7:12 PM

Oh you poor thing. Trust me, Jay, you are not a one hit wonder. You’ve got this in the bag.

March 6, 2018 at 7:18 PM

Have I told you lately how much I adore you! I do…. I need to put this one to rest and take a month to just relax, read blogs, interact… it’s been way too long!

Cammie Adams said:
        March 6, 2018 at 7:21 PM

The hard part is behind you, so YES, relax for a while. At least until you get that itch and you just have to write another one. 🙂

russtowne said:
    March 7, 2018 at 12:50 AM

Congratulations, Jay. I wish you much continued success and an ever-growing fan base.