365 Challenge: Day 364 – Reprieve

Reprieve: a cancellation or postponement of a punishment (ha… is the 365 a punishment?)

repreive.jpg

Two days left until the 365 Daily Challenge ends on the This Is My Truth Now blog. I’ve shared all the new segments with you, but as I write this post I find myself a little emotional. Since I’m sharing the official 365 goodbye in tomorrow’s ‘finale’ post, I’ll contain my feelings for another twenty-four hours. My message today applies to all of us who have been working hard toward a goal. Sometimes you need to take a break and give yourself the opportunity to rest and recover. I plan to do so in the next few days and weeks, but for now, here’s where my head is at:

1. I submitted the final version of ‘Father Figure’ to the publisher today and we are done with all editing. We will finalize the cover and new title next week, but this second book is coming to an end in terms of the writing phase. Next up is the launch phase.
  2. Tomorrow completes the 365 Daily Challenge. I blogged for 365 consecutive days except for the five where my focus was on a sick Ryder. I made those up here at the end. Throughout the months, I’ve provided inspiration, laughs and tears. I made beautiful connections and friends. And I learned a lot about myself. Tomorrow I will share my true thoughts and emotions.
  3. On Sunday, I hit another milestone as it is my next birthday. My parents are visiting for brunch, then W and I will spend the evening together. I’ve asked for a sushi dinner! It will be the first day after the 365 Daily Challenge is completed. My mind will be free from one part of the blog and preparing to think about the next one. But the key thing: there will be no post this Sunday!

***

Before I jump into the new segments on my blog in tomorrow’s announcement and final post, I wanted to tell everyone to expect a short reprieve from me once this ends. I will need a few weeks to pull together the new segments, but I also need a few days without the requirement to post something. I’ve loved every moment of it, but with these 3 big events happening all at the same time, it’s important for me to recognize the need for a bit of rest. I still plan to post book reviews in the next few weeks. And if something happens to strike my fancy, I will post about it! But there will be nothing forcing me to stick to a schedule in the near term future.

I’m also thinking about the structure of the new segments, e.g. weekly, monthly, whenever I want but with the same title so everyone knows the scope of the post… lots to consider. I would like a bit of freedom not to have to write something unless I feel like the words or message are fully ready to be shared. I also want time to read other blogs and comment back and forth! Between books, short stories and posts, I’m always on and that falls to the wayside. I love being busy, but at the same time, let’s see what happens when I get a bit of a reprieve… maybe I’ll find my brilliant side… see you all tomorrow on the final post!

I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.

The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.

62 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 364 – Reprieve

March 16, 2018 at 3:40 AM

How exciting! You made it! I know it has been so difficult at times but you did it! Congratulations!

Create Space said:
    March 16, 2018 at 4:19 AM

Best wishes Jay! Everything will fall into place for you because your final post lands on St.Patrick’s Day…you’ll find yourself surrounded by the luck of the Irish!

March 16, 2018 at 7:03 AM

Lots of new adventures on the horizon!

LA said:
    March 16, 2018 at 7:29 AM

I will miss this while you regroup !!xoxo

The Cozy Pages said:
    March 16, 2018 at 8:50 AM

A wonderful 365+5. A very inspiring accomplishment. I look forward to your wrap-up and new adventures.

I can’t believe it’s been a year! Congratulations my friend. This is an incredible accomplishment especially given everything else on your plate. You are a true inspiration!

I think a reprieve is definitely in order. You’ve got to refresh yourself now and then. I’m looking forward to your post tomorrow and I hope you have a wonderful Birthday Sunday.🤗

March 16, 2018 at 9:19 AM

Thank you. I’m excited to be finished and have a break. I still need to write tomorrow’s post. I can’t decide if I will go short or detailed… lol 🙂 Thank you again.

Chauncey Rogers said:
    March 16, 2018 at 9:17 AM

Have a great birthday! Feels like the end of an era is approaching….

March 16, 2018 at 9:20 AM

Hehe! I know, a little scary. Thank you. Hope the Happily launch is going well. Holler if you need anything!

Chauncey Rogers said:
        March 16, 2018 at 9:22 AM

It’s coming together. Thanks for the offer! 🙂 I appreciate it!

theloyalbritwit said:
    March 16, 2018 at 9:19 AM

You deserve this Jay! You’ve been loyal and dedicated to your goal and now it’s nearly time to bask in its glory AND the much needed R&R. 😌🎉 I’ll save a more sappy message for tomorrow lol

March 16, 2018 at 10:33 AM

You’ve EARNED a break, Hon. We all need one from time to time. Let your mind wander a bit, and it may surprise you what jumps into it.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    March 16, 2018 at 10:56 AM

Why is it that after this journey with you I kind of want you to post tomorrow and say “so, here it is… my TRUE thoughts and feelings…. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?! How have you read all this drivel for an ENTIRE YEAR?! Do you have no lives??” LMAO!!! For some reason, I just think that would be HILARIOUS!! But, then, we’ve all established that I’m pretty strange….

March 16, 2018 at 11:44 AM

Whatever am I going to do without my daily dose of your truth now? I totally get the feeling of needing a break from your ever busier schedule. I felt that way after doing my 365 picture project last year and I didn’t even blog about them all. Looking forward to whatever comes next!

March 16, 2018 at 12:13 PM

I can’t believe it has already been a year. What an accomplishment especially with everything else you have accomplished as well throughout the year. I’ve told you this already but I definitely think you deserve a break. I am looking forward to everything you have in store for us and in case I don’t talk to you Sunday I want to wish you an early Happy Birthday.

watchingthedaisies said:
    March 16, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Congratulations on completion of your new book. Wishing you a very happy birthday and a fun St Patricks Day. ☘☘

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    March 16, 2018 at 12:47 PM

A well-deserved reprieve if you ask me. I don’t follow many people who post as consistently as you do, so I hope the break will do a lot good for you. And those 3 events are definitely note-worthy and heavy on the psyche! Keep it up, sir.

March 16, 2018 at 6:27 PM

I appreciate it. Thank you. I can’t wait to just read and comment on other posts for a few weeks!

mainepaperpusher said:
    March 16, 2018 at 1:52 PM

It may be a reprieve, but if I know you, there is already a blogging plan bubbling up. Will you have another series? Hmmm…I wouldn’t be surprised. As for a reprieve from writing your book, I am positive you have another book started and ready to roll. You are not one to lie idle! Congratulations, my dear friend.

March 16, 2018 at 6:30 PM

Thank you, Linda. I promise, I’m taking 2 weeks off before I start the new segments. I may post a few random things before then, but nothing serious! 🙂 The other book… well, no comment. Outline to commence in 1 week!

Jessica Rachow said:
    March 16, 2018 at 3:30 PM

Such an awesome accomplishment, Jay! So glad we met during it. Can’t wait to see what’s next, and know you always have a reader (and friend) in me! 🙂

March 16, 2018 at 6:32 PM

I am glad we met, too. I look forward to spending more time on your blog and seeing if there’s anything I can do to help you! I’ll have something for you to read in the next month or whenever you are ready! 🙂 Thank you.

Martie said:
    March 16, 2018 at 4:28 PM

Omg only one more post. I’m gonna miss your challenge.

March 16, 2018 at 6:33 PM

It was a little sad today. I didn’t write tomorrow’s post as I want to do it in the morning when I wake up. 😦 Thank you.

Judy said:
    March 16, 2018 at 4:45 PM

Good for you!! Happy Birthday! May you be blessed. 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    March 16, 2018 at 5:26 PM

Enjoy your well deserved freedom Jay and already happy birthday!!!! I’ll miss your daily posts but I know from posting for daily challenges since a few months now that as much as it’s fun it’s also taking its toll. So relax and see you soon!

March 16, 2018 at 6:35 PM

A break is needed, yes! But with friends and online buddies like you, it’s been so amazing! Thank you.

Mary Deal said:
    March 16, 2018 at 8:13 PM

You have incredibly motivation. Am sure some people feel motivated as well, while others feel they can’t measure up. But never mind. We all have a purpose and you are fulfilling yours with incredible tenacity. Only good will come from your efforts.

March 16, 2018 at 10:30 PM

Thank you, Mary. You are very kind. I’m so glad we met this year.

Mary Deal said:
        March 17, 2018 at 12:03 AM

Thank you so much. You are incredibly inspiration for me. Because of you I will re-open my blog. It’ll be for authors and artists. Soon as I get my new book to Creativia, I will work on getting it established.

March 17, 2018 at 7:38 AM

I can’t wait to see what you do!!!

AJ said:
    March 16, 2018 at 10:04 PM

Wow that is quite the achievement to post everyday for a year! Congratulations:)

March 16, 2018 at 10:30 PM

You must be getting close too, right? Thx!

AJ said:
        March 16, 2018 at 11:45 PM

Hmm not until summer and I miss the odd day. I can’t wait to see what you come up with next

Cozynookbks said:
    March 16, 2018 at 11:12 PM

Rest and a reprieve is good. I hope you’ll find a good balance going forward. Congratulations on all of your achievements. Now take time to enjoy them. 😊

March 16, 2018 at 11:29 PM

Thank you. Hope you are well.

Cozynookbks said:
        March 17, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Thank you. Just back from vacation. Reading your book and a couple others. ☺️

March 17, 2018 at 12:21 PM

Hi. Oh, lovely. I hope you had a fantastic break.

Cozynookbks said:
        March 17, 2018 at 12:29 PM

I did!! Thank you.

I just read about what Zachary told his mother regarding the baby and I was like …. 😳.

March 17, 2018 at 12:43 PM

There are a few spots like that. Sometime ma they misbehave. :O

inspirationpie said:
    March 17, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Enjoy your reprieve, Jay! Posting 365 is a huge commitment and you stuck to it, which is truly impressive. You are very dedicated and I admire that! Enjoy your sushi!

Jo-Ann

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    March 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM

Happy birthday in advance! Hope you have a lovely day!