365 Challenge: Day 365 – Finale

Finale: the last part of a piece of music, a performance, or a public event, especially when particularly dramatic or exciting

finale.jpg

I have spent the last 365 plus 5 days on a quest to find myself. During this time period, I’ve shared all the ups and downs of my personal life with my online world. When the title of my blog is This Is My Truth Now, how could I do anything else but that? It’s been a year of major growth on all levels. Although I never expected to lose Ryder this year, I still see all the positive changes and wins since the Daily Challenge began. Between meeting all of you and becoming close friends with several people whom I speak to regularly, this blog has been a truly remarkable and amazing experience. I am not naming anyone specific, as it would take me a long time to come up with that list — I’ve honestly met a large count of wonderful people.

As I put book two to bed this weekend, close the 365 segment on my blog today, and celebrate my birthday on Sunday, the next phase of my life begins. As a quick re-cap, here’s what to expect:

• A reprieve for the rest of March so I can read and comment on more blogs for a few weeks. I need to catch up on what I’ve missed.
  • Book 2 (Father Figure with possible change) is with the publisher for final review, cover design, title finalization and marketing plans. I will announce more about the next steps in a few weeks.
  • Ethan Glass short story will be completed and sent to beta readers in April. I have no one on that list yet, but I will send out a post in the coming days.
  • An outline for Book 3 (Watching Glass Shatter’s sequel) will be finished in April.
  • Three (3) new blog segments will start in April:
    • WWtR:  Writer’s Way to Review
    • Cozy Mystery Online Installment Series

***

I could go on and on, but I choose the simple route today. I’m sure after 365 days, everyone’s either heard enough from me or already knows what I’m thinking! Thank you to everyone… I am truly blessed.

-Jay

91 thoughts on “365 Challenge: Day 365 – Finale

March 17, 2018 at 7:13 AM

Congratulations Jay, it has been such a pleasure following your journey, becoming friends with you, and discovering all you have to offer as a writer and a wonderful human being. I can’t wait to see what you have to bring us next. Big hugs on making it to the end. ❤️

Congratulations again Jay! I have to admit I got a bit misty eyed reading this. Enjoy your birthday and reprieve. No one deserves it more than you!🤗😙☘️🥂

March 17, 2018 at 8:01 AM

Hi, Kim. Thank you very much. I’m glad you and I met… interacting with you each week is always a great part of this blog and experience. It was a bit sad to write and post… but I’m not sure how I feel about next steps yet either. 🙂

Aww. Thank you Jay. I feel the same way. I couldn’t help thinking of the highs and lows you went through this year, and it’s always difficult to end something that’s brought so much enjoyment to so many people. But, there’s a lot on the horizon for you and forgive the pun, but it’s a whole new chapter for you my friend.😙

March 17, 2018 at 8:13 AM

Thank you. It’s been a whirlwind, but I am glad thru all of it (except the one bad thing!)… I hope you are feeling much better and those migraines stay away!

Thanks Jay. I’m working on it.🤗

Kiersten said:
    March 17, 2018 at 8:09 AM

Congratulations! It’s really awesome that you stuck to your goal and posted every single day. I know I’d have a hard time sticking to that goal. You and your posts have been truly inspiring. It’s been a pleasure for us to go on this journey with you. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Happy early birthday! ❤️

March 17, 2018 at 8:14 AM

Thank you so much. It was hard at a few times, and that’s when I had the simple posts, but it feels good. I’m glad to help — and to have met you. I especially love all the IG posts with all the fun stuff you do. That’s inspiring!

theloyalbritwit said:
    March 17, 2018 at 8:25 AM

A grand finale for a truly spectacular “performance” so to speak, Jay! I feel incredibly honored to have been introduced to you and your blog. It’s been a delight!! Your journey has inspired me and my fellow readers to be more engaging and understanding…you have made us laugh and cry and smile. And I also think I owe you an email! Oops! 😅 Your 365 challenge reminds me of my own…I get excited to see how much is left in my own. Yet at the same time, we’re different enough that I’m still coming back for more! Congratulations for making it one year plus five days, dear friend!!!! 🎉🎊🎈 And here’s to all the best in your writing AND future blogging. Take all the time to relax…we’ll still be here waiting on you. Hugs! Your friend, Kelsey 💜☺️

March 17, 2018 at 8:38 AM

Thank you for such amazing and kind words. I appreciate it. No worries on the email — whenever! Congratulations to you, too… you’re challenge is over a year at this point and the blog is a year quite soon, too. Very exciting. I’m so glad we met and look forward to getting to know you more!

theloyalbritwit said:
        March 17, 2018 at 8:46 AM

You’re so very welcome!! 🙂 And thank you on mine…so excited to see what the rest of the year has in store for both of us! I’m excited for that too.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    March 17, 2018 at 8:29 AM

Congratulations on completing your mission!! 🍻👍💖🎉🎉🎉 .. Not like it was ever in question! It was an amazing journey with you, even if I only got to travel with you through the last 4 months or so of it. I’ll enjoy continuing the journey with your new blog! (although, I’m kind of sad there was no trick “you guys all suck!” post. 😉)

March 17, 2018 at 8:41 AM

Thank you. I know…. you really wanted me to do that! I could have, but then what if someone only ever read that post! LOL maybe it’s still coming tho… 🙂 glad to be part of it with you for the last 4 months.

Jessica Rachow said:
    March 17, 2018 at 8:42 AM

Congrats again! And have a wonderful Birthday!

bettylouise31 said:
    March 17, 2018 at 8:53 AM

Congratulations on completing this challenge.

March 17, 2018 at 8:56 AM

What an amazing year for you! Your future looks even brighter! So much I could say…probably 200,000 words, but you already know what they would say. So instead, I will just gift you with silence and a…🐸! 💚

kdefranc said:
    March 17, 2018 at 9:11 AM

Hi James,

It has been wonderful for your readers also, seeing something from you each day that made us think..A great way to start your day! Congrats on finishing your quest, it has been an amazing time!

All my best to you in the journey forward, Sincerely,

Kathi Defranc

________________________________

March 17, 2018 at 9:14 AM

Hi Kathi! I appreciate it, thank you so much. It’s been fantastic. I’m so happy with the overall event… chat again soon. -j

Cammie Adams said:
    March 17, 2018 at 10:12 AM

Wow, Jay, so much to celebrate! You’ve worked so hard to attain it all. Congratulations and here’s wishing you a happy birthday and continued success! And happy St. Patrick’s Day too! (BTW, you share your birthday with my little sister.)

Martie said:
    March 17, 2018 at 10:42 AM

Thank you for 365 days of interesting posts.

March 17, 2018 at 11:31 AM

This may be the Finale, but it is JUST BEGINNING to get REALLY EXCITING!!! Congrats.

March 17, 2018 at 11:50 AM

Huge congrats to you, Jay. I’ve loved reading Your Truth(s) and found that there were many of them that were my truths as well, even though there are quite a few years between us. Thank you for taking us on your journey this past year + 5! Looking forward to all the new adventures. Glad we connected. Very Happy Birthday to you tomorrow as well.

March 17, 2018 at 12:00 PM

Thank you. We do have lots in common. Glad we connected too. Be prepared for comments from me next week when I catch up!

mainepaperpusher said:
    March 17, 2018 at 12:47 PM

You have had quite the year! I am so happy to have been around to watch as you experienced so much. Here’s to another awesome year in the life of Jay! In the meantime, make sure you regroup a bit. You need a little time to decompress! ❤️💕❤️💕❤️

March 17, 2018 at 12:50 PM

I promise I will. I have a review posting later, then a break for a few days at least. Thank you! 🙂 Now… I have time to do other things. I believe I owe you a post!

mainepaperpusher said:
        March 17, 2018 at 12:55 PM

No worries on the post. You need to rest before you can even think about that. It will come in its own time. 🙂

hsimone said:
    March 17, 2018 at 12:55 PM

Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing so much with us. Also, I wish you the best of luck on your new segments!

inspirationpie said:
    March 17, 2018 at 1:08 PM

Congratulations, Jay! It’s been a pleasure watching your journey! Have an amazing day tomorrow…Happy Birthday!!!!

Jo-Ann

tylerus said:
    March 17, 2018 at 1:23 PM

What an achievement; be proud. 🙂 Here’s to your continued blogging and writing success. . . . Have an awesome birthday – enjoy!

Mary Deal said:
    March 17, 2018 at 2:33 PM

Please consider me for a beta reader for Ethan Glass. Also for Writing tips as I have a massive volume already published chocked full of writing tips. I also have at least a hundred more articles finished or ready to be polished. While I will be starting my own blog and publishing some writing tips, I am sure I can keep from duplicating. I could also place a link to your blog articles. Lots of good things in the works for both you and me.

March 17, 2018 at 3:14 PM

Excellent! We could team up and work on a bunch together.

And thank you for the beta reading!

Mary Deal said:
        March 17, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Thanks! We’ll do this.

booksandstuff431 said:
    March 17, 2018 at 2:37 PM

Wow! So much to celebrate. Happy Birthday! Congrats on your books, I will be looking out for them. Continue your truths! It’s a pleasure following and reading your blog.

March 19, 2018 at 8:04 AM

Hi. Thank you so much. I’m really glad we met. Sorry for the delay in responding. This was caught in spam and I just found it this morning. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

March 17, 2018 at 2:58 PM

I have to admit it’s a little sad seeing this segment come to an end but also really exciting to see what’s next because I know you have a whole lot more to offer. Congratulations on everything you have accomplished in the past year and enjoy your reprieve.

March 17, 2018 at 3:15 PM

I appreciate you being such a big piece of this year. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

March 17, 2018 at 3:18 PM

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help even though I had no experience whatsoever.

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    March 17, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Congratulations on reaching the end of this phase! That was quite the commitment and undertaking and you did it like a pro. 🙂 Looking forward to what comes next!

dtills said:
    March 17, 2018 at 3:37 PM

Congratulations Jay, what a huge accomplishment 💕 So grateful to have met you and call you friend😊

The Cozy Pages said:
    March 17, 2018 at 3:37 PM

❤️💜💚💚 Congratulations Jay. This is an inspirational accomplishment. I wish you well-deserved success in your next steps.

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    March 17, 2018 at 4:43 PM

Massive congratulations on completing this today!! It’s absolutely incredible that you did this!! ❤ And I look forward to all your future projects!

Atwood Cutting said:
    March 17, 2018 at 4:58 PM

Bravo, my friend!

Atwood Cutting said:
    March 17, 2018 at 5:08 PM

Things are getting back on line . . . slowly.
    Yuri says, “HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!”

Beware Of The Reader said:
    March 17, 2018 at 5:11 PM

Shedding some tears here …. and congratulations because YOU DID IT!!! Read you next time Jay 😉

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    March 17, 2018 at 7:59 PM

Congratulations on reaching 365 man. Pretty cool thing you had started way back then and completed today. I do hope all the lessons you’ve learned and all the challenges that came along the way have served you well in building a better self and appreciating life even more than ever. Hope the best for the next phase. Good luck! 😀

March 17, 2018 at 8:46 PM

Yes! It’s been amazing. Thank you. I am lucky and blessed. Hope your weekend is going well.

anne leueen said:
    March 17, 2018 at 8:52 PM

Bravo! this is a real accomplishment. And Happy Birthday for Sunday!

declutteringmylifeweb said:
    March 18, 2018 at 6:49 AM

Congratulations. My last year was quite unique as well with gap year. Out of those 11 months I spent 2 entire months on this wordpress site and reading your posts was one of my regular activities here. I am happy with your book published and I hope you will findand maintain what you are looking for this moment.

March 18, 2018 at 7:44 AM

Thank you. I am glad we met and hope things continue to improve for both of us! Have a great day.

Jenn @ Bound to Writing said:
    March 18, 2018 at 1:13 PM

Congratulations on completing this journey! It’s been great getting to know you. I can’t wait for the next segments on this blog.

robbiesinspiration said:
    March 18, 2018 at 1:16 PM

Wishing you a very happy birthday, James.

Colors of my life said:
    March 19, 2018 at 1:22 AM

Many many congratulations, it’s seriously a big achievement and motivation to people like us.

Who are struggling to write what to write.

I hope you put all those words into action, and become a true sensation.

LA said:
    March 19, 2018 at 8:57 AM

❤️❤️❤️

DaisyGal @ DG Book Blog said:
    March 19, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Oh, I’m going to miss this! Are you sure you don’t want to do another 365 days??? LOL! =D

Run Wright said:
    March 19, 2018 at 4:28 PM

Happy birthday. It sounds like you’ve had challenging and enriching experiences this year and I wish the best for you in the next one.

RobbyeFaye said:
    March 19, 2018 at 8:22 PM

Happy belated birthday!! I hope it was a wonderfully special day!
    Congrats on the last installment of your 365-day challenge, WOW!! I must say that even though I missed quite a few of the blogs, I am going to miss your daily missives. Enjoy your respite, but hurry back!
    Blessings~

Chauncey Rogers said:
    March 20, 2018 at 11:19 PM

Belated congratulations, my friend! 365 is a big number–you reaching that goal is yet another way you’ve inspired us!
    Looking forward to more news on Father Figure. 🙂