AWARD: One Lovely Blog

I was nominated by 5 wonderful bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award several months ago, but I’m just coming up for air to address a few missed posts in the past… All of these women are truly inspirational and remarkable… you must visit their sites as there is something new and fun every single day. From book reviews to blog tours, learning to laughing, and all the way to recipes, you’re bound to spend hours getting lost in their amazing forums.

Read Rant Rock and Roll

The Cozy Pages

Valerie’s Musings

Two Gals and a Book

Invisible-no-more

Thank you for the nomination!

one-lovely-blog-award-1.png

RULES:

1. Thank the person who nominated you
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself
  3. Nominate 15 bloggers and inform them of the nomination

***

SEVEN FACTS ABOUT  ME:

1. I’m making mini-coconut and chocolate cakes for Easter.

cake

2. I rarely go to the movie theater. I prefer to wait for them to come out on one of the digital apps / television subscriptions I have.

movies

3. I am starting up 3 new segments on the blog in April. I can’t wait to launch each post.

blog

4. My favorite season is autumn and I can’t wait for it to come back.

autumn

5. I’ve been back to eating healthy after the doctor yelled at me said my cholesterol is too high. I want cheese again!!!

cholestero

6. I’m going to England and Italy for 3 weeks in May.

ital

7. My second novel, Father Figure, will be released in early May, 2018.

novel

10. createspaceweb
  11. bvitelli2002
  12. carrierubin
  13. countdownto95
  14. theorangutanlibrarian
  15. bewareofthereader

Happy reading and tagging!

Jay

***

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll find the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge – words and humor. You can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

87 thoughts on “AWARD: One Lovely Blog

themolecularbiologist said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:37 AM

Congratulations 👍

watchingthedaisies said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:39 AM

Congratulations Jay. Many thanks for the nomination 🌼

March 28, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Hi. You are welcome. Don’t feel obligated to participate if you’re busy or awards aren’t your thing. I wanted to share your blog with others as it’s very deserving!

watchingthedaisies said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Thank you. You are kind 😊

Cammie Adams said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:45 AM

Hmm… this looks like fun.

March 28, 2018 at 10:52 AM

It’s a great way to get to know more people and share news about yourself! No pressure either.

Vero and Canito in the kitchen said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:52 AM

Congratulations, Jay! ☺️ It’s fin to read the facts! I agree with the movie thing! Love to wait until we can watch it at home 👌

rugby843 said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:59 AM

Congratulations, J! Well dserved. It’s obvious how hard you work on the blog. Thank you for the mention. I’m in a good group! ; )

March 28, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Thank you. I wanted to give back and a little and thank lots of people who interact on the blogs. You deserve it, too!

Cammie Adams said:
    March 28, 2018 at 11:08 AM

This will definitely be my next post. 😉

Marina_Books of Magic said:
    March 28, 2018 at 11:16 AM

Omg Russian caps! We call those cakes like that and eat them for slava’s and I adore them 🙂 Congratulations, and I love your blog! 🙂

Kiersten said:
    March 28, 2018 at 11:46 AM

I want to hear more about these cakes after you make them!

March 28, 2018 at 11:47 AM

I’m hoping to take some photos on Saturday when I make the cakes. Then I will bring them to Long Island for Easter at my mom’s… ice them there!

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    March 28, 2018 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for the nomination! 💖 and you had to give up cheese?? I think I would die…

March 28, 2018 at 11:57 AM

You’re welcome! I compromised. Instead of eating it every day, I’m only allowed to add it to things. Which means… I can’t just snack on cheese. That will cut it in half!

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        March 28, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Add it to things… Like bread?? Lol! I can sit down with a log of goat cheese and a baguette and happily eat that for dinner… I definitely need to take a page out of your book since I’ll definitely have a doctor yelling at me in my near future! Lol!!

March 28, 2018 at 12:01 PM

Ha, yes, that was the problem. Every Sat and Sun, W and I would have crackers, cheese and fig jam. We’d split an entire block of cheese from the cheese shop, trying something new all the time. Then quiche for brunch. Mexican once per week. Pasta with cheese once per week. It was EVERYwhere. I’m also 41 now, so that’s just part of the problem. I’m sure you’ve got time to worry less.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        March 28, 2018 at 12:03 PM

Ha ha! Far less time than you think! I’m in my mid 30s and my man is in his 40s…we always say we should start thinking of these things…. Tomorrow… Maybe tomorrow. 😉

March 28, 2018 at 12:04 PM

ah, then start now, especially since you also like to drink. 😛 It’s really not so bad, I’m making it sound worse. I just behave during the week and do what I want on weekends. lol

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        March 28, 2018 at 12:06 PM

Who told you I like to drink?? 😇😇 lol! Ya…. Being responsible…. Blah. It was bound to happen one day… Even my Tinkerbell tattoo couldn’t keep me in Neverland forever… 🍻

March 28, 2018 at 12:23 PM

no one told, i’ll keep it quiet! shhh everyone

Books Teacup and Reviews said:
    March 28, 2018 at 11:52 AM

Congratulations! I only watch movies in theater if they are worth it otherwise i wait for them to come on TV. Once a week cheese won’t hurt, you can have it if you manage to work out at least 4 days a week and less alcohol.

March 28, 2018 at 11:58 AM

Thanks! You’re exactly right. I was eating it EVERY day… so I’ve compromised. I’m back to 5 to 6 days a week working out, only 5 drinks per week and half as much cheese/red meat/desserts. That should fix it.

Carrie Rubin said:
    March 28, 2018 at 12:27 PM

Thanks for including me! I love autumn too. If it wasn’t for the nice temperatures of summer, it would definitely be my favorite season. It’s a toss-up for sure.

How exciting that you’re going to England and Italy! Will be a nice way to celebrate your book launch.

March 28, 2018 at 12:28 PM

You’re welcome. No obligation to participate if you are busy with the book launch. I totally understand! I just wanted to at least highlight to anyone reading my blog so they might check out your site, too. 🙂

Carrie Rubin said:
        March 28, 2018 at 12:46 PM

Thank you. I don’t really do the blog award thing since I don’t post that often, but it’s always nice to be recognized. 😊

Beware Of The Reader said:
    March 28, 2018 at 1:31 PM

Thanks for tagging me Jay! I’ll do it this weekend 😉 Now England and Italy you’ll be close to me! Especially England as London is barely two hours by train !

March 28, 2018 at 1:33 PM

You’re welcome! Very cool. I’ve been watching a british escape to the country show. I wonder if I’ve seen where you live!

Judy said:
    March 28, 2018 at 1:43 PM

I’m envious of #6. Have fun! Pictures, please. 🙂

theloyalbritwit said:
    March 28, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Your dessert* for Easter looks YUMMY!!!!! I like these facts! I hope you’re able to visit England and Italy in May, too!!

*main course

March 28, 2018 at 2:55 PM

Hahaha. Love the footnote. And I will definitely be there. Everything now booked!

theloyalbritwit said:
        March 28, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Yay!!! That’s so exciting! I’ll reserve my jealousy and instead send you all my excitement! 😅 and I’m glad the footnote worked well lol

March 28, 2018 at 4:24 PM

Excitement is a better gift. Thank you! 🙂 you must go soon.

Dani☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ said:
    March 28, 2018 at 3:32 PM

Congratulations Jay and well deserved!❤🎊

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    March 28, 2018 at 3:45 PM

Those cakes look delicious and I rarely go to the cinema either. Loved your answers! Thanks for the nomination!

Create Space said:
    March 28, 2018 at 4:12 PM

Thank you Jay, I appreciate you considering my blog for nomination and for a 2nd nomination in the one day…that’s a first also!

dtills said:
    March 28, 2018 at 6:48 PM

England and Italy!! So jealous😊

lisarey1990 said:
    March 28, 2018 at 8:00 PM

Congrats. 🙂

LA said:
    March 28, 2018 at 8:02 PM

❤️❤️

Congratulations Jay! Those cakes look delicious!😊 Have a Happy Easter!🤗

The Cozy Pages said:
    March 28, 2018 at 10:06 PM

I see incentive to visit you this Easter weekend… coconut and chocolate cake…. heavenly.

March 29, 2018 at 6:20 AM

Congrats and Happy Easter! Can’t wait. Enjoy your trip as well.😁

March 29, 2018 at 7:29 AM

Thank you so much! Hope you are doing well. It’s been forever since we chatted. I’m sorry!

Lori D. Marchell Carlsen said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Congratulations!

AWARD: One Lovely Blog – Silent Screamer said:
    March 29, 2018 at 11:48 AM

[…] great big thank you to my wonderful friend Jay at This Is My Truth Now for the nomination. I’m still very new to blogging and this is my first nomination for […]

tylerus said:
    March 29, 2018 at 12:23 PM

Awesome! Congratulations. 🙂

Jenn @ Bound to Writing said:
    March 29, 2018 at 5:14 PM

Congratulations on the award! 🙂

robbiesinspiration said:
    March 30, 2018 at 1:08 PM

Nice to learn more about you, Jay. One word of warning, England can be freezing during Spring [from a sunny South African]. I love England and Italy but, gosh, England is always cold.

March 30, 2018 at 1:39 PM

You just said the magic words. I love the cold. Of the temperature goes above 55 F I start getting moody! 🙂

March 31, 2018 at 9:31 PM

Congratulations! You deserve the award. I also enjoyed the mini-facts into your fun personality.

Heidi M. Simone said:
    April 4, 2018 at 2:37 AM

Thank you for the tag!

Congratulations on the award and great answers! I also love autumn…the leaves changing colors, apple picking, homemade apple pies, sweaters, a crisp breeze…such a beautiful time of the year! You’re going to England and Italy? That’s awesome! I hope you enjoy. 😀

April 4, 2018 at 10:41 AM

You’re welcome. I look forward to your responses. It is such an amazing time. I will be there for 3 weeks late May. I can’t wait. 🙂

Heidi M. Simone said:
        April 4, 2018 at 11:18 AM

Three weeks sounds like a great amount of time and I hope you enjoy your time there! Make sure to take lots of pictures! 🙂

April 4, 2018 at 11:22 AM

Definitely!

One Lovely Blog Award said:
    April 4, 2018 at 9:41 AM

[…] everyone! I was recently nominated by James @thisismytruthnow for the One Lovely Blog Award. Thanks, Jay! Please do check out his blog. He has engaging material […]

Melanie Noell Bernard said:
    April 6, 2018 at 11:39 PM

Aww! Thank you for the nomination, Jay! I have received this award before, but it means a lot to me that you thought of me. 😀 And congrats on earning the award yourself. Very exciting!

I hope you have fun on your trip! That will be so much fun! I loved traveling to Europe!

P.s. My favorite season is fall, too! So many pretty colors! 🙂

April 7, 2018 at 8:20 AM

You’re welcome, and thank you for responding.

Melanie Noell Bernard said:
        April 7, 2018 at 11:28 AM

P.s. I didn’t know you liked to go by ‘Jay.’ 🙂

April 7, 2018 at 11:30 AM

I answer to both… I’ve been Jay all my life, but then when I started working in Corporate America 15 years ago, I thought James sounded more professional. End result… it’s a 50/50 split on what I get called now!

Melanie Noell Bernard said:
        April 7, 2018 at 11:32 AM

Hahaha! Okay. Good to know. 🙂

ignitedmoth said:
    April 14, 2018 at 3:01 PM

Wow! Those mini coconut and chocolate cakes sound/look so good! How did they turn out when you made them for Easter? 🙂
    Also, you have fantastic taste in seasons. Autumn is definitely the best. 😛
    You must be so excited for the upcoming trip to England and Italy and the release of your new book. That’s amazing. Congratulations!

April 14, 2018 at 6:18 PM

Cakes came out fantastic, except I didn’t use chocolate. Since it was Easter, I dyed the cake green and pink.

Thank you so much! Book launch has been strong. I can’t wait for the trip. How’ve you been?

ignitedmoth said:
        April 22, 2018 at 7:50 PM

Nice! That sounds really pretty with the green and pink for the cake. Good idea. 🙂
        I’m glad to hear the book launch has been so great! That’s wonderful. Things have been great here, thank you for asking! 😀 Just really, really busy with a new job and new house, but I’m hoping it should all come together and calm down again soon. 🙂 Hope you’ve been having a fantastic weekend!