AWARD: Sunshine Blogger

I was tagged several months ago by 6 amazing people for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I’m catching up on all the tags now that I have a little bit of time while my second novel is being formatted for print.  I am also combining any similar tags or awards together so that I don’t overwhelm everyone with posts in the next few weeks. Thank you so much for this wonderful award nomination. I follow all these blogs and enjoy reading their posts.  Please take a minute to visit them because you may just find a new friend or two!

WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?

The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

• Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
  •  Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
  •  Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or on your blog

Questions Posed to Me:

• Which Disney Princess do you relate yourself with?
    • Jasmine, just ’cause I like that smell!
  • What would the world be like if you are the leader? (Be as detailed as you like)
    • Ummm… a much nicer place!
  • Top 5 Pairings?
    • Books & Wine
    • Books & Food
    • Wine & Food
    • Wine & Walking
    • Food & Dessert (yikes, I’ve got a theme today)
  • What animal is your patronus?
    • Shiba Inu
  • OH NO! Eric Cartman from South Park came and stole your favourite desert. What’s your favourite desert and how would you deal with it?
    • Chocolate. I’d kill him.
  • What would you do if you won a huge jackpot from the lottery?
    • Buy a few houses in different parts of the world so I could live wherever I wanted and write all the time. Throw a huge blogger party. Share with charities.
  • What book do you think should be a videogame?
    • I don’t play video games anymore, but if I did… a cozy murder mystery where you can be the killer or the sleuth!
  • (On the behalf of my friend who would ask everyone this) Vampires or Zombies?
    • Vampires. I don’t like zombies.
  • You have the power of re-animation to bring back anyone from the dead. Who would you bring back?
    • Agatha Christie
  • Would you be a Superhero or a Supervillian and what would your name be?
    • Mr. Analytic (villain, of course)
  • And lastly the most important question: Cats, Dogs, both or neither?
    • Love both, prefer dogs
  • What is your dream vacation location?
    • African safari
  • When would you say you became a reader?
    • as soon as I could hold a book myself
  • What was the last book series you completed?
    • completed???? um… Harry Potter, years ago…
  • What is your biggest bookish pet peeve?
    • Plot lines that are not wrapped up and there are no sequels
  • Do you have any unique talents? If so what are they?
    • Nope. I’m just me.
  • What character do you wish was a real person in your life?
    • Hercule Poirot
  • Aside from reading what are some of your other passions?
    • Genealogy, Gardening, Cooking
  • What is your favorite genre?
    • Mystery
  • Who is your favorite author?
    • Agatha Christie
  • Would you rather be a vampire or a werewolf?
    • Theme here!!!  Vampire. I like blood.
  • What fictional world do you wish you could be a part of?
    • Right now, Follett’s Pillars of the Earth
  • What was the date of your very first blog post?
    • sometime in Fall, 2016. I’m too lazy to look it up.
  • Have you ever thought about writing a book?
    • Never. Oh wait, I have two published. Ouch, I forgot.
  • Is there a quote or saying that you simply don’t like?
    • “Never give up.” I don’t agree with that statement. Knowing when to give up is essential. It’s not a bad thing. It means you’re re-aligning resources with needs.
  • Name a book that you would NEVER recommend.
    • The White Bone (elephant confusion!)
  • What are the best and worst books you’ve ever bought?
    • See above for worst. For best… The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
  • Name a book that you wish had a sequel.
    • Stacey Ballis ‘How to Change a Life’
  • What’s the most interesting thing you’ve read or seen this week?
    • This Post! such a range of questions…
  • What are some favorite childhood books?
    • Charlotte’s Web by EB White
  • Do you read newspapers and magazines?
    • Nope!
  • What influenced your love for reading?
    • Being an only child, I needed to keep busy
  • What book have you reread the most and how many times?
    • I’m not a re-reader…
  • What are 5 words of phrases that make you laugh?
    • ninkinpoop (sp?)
    • wino
    • underwear (I’m like a teenage boy sometimes)
    • fabulous (I hate and love the word, but I’ll never use it)
    • baudy
  • What are 5 ways to win your heart?
    • cook for me
    • good reviews (ha!)
    • buy me champagne
    • send me books
    • kindness
  • What is something you’ve always thought “…. What if?” about?
    • I were president
  • What are 5 of you pet peeves?
    • rudeness
    • loud noises
    • selfishness
    • lying
    • hurting someone or something
  • If you could trade lives with anyone for one day, who would it be, and why?
    • No one. Never. I like my own life.
  • What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
    • frog’s legs
  • What is your favourite joke?
    • Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear…
  • Where would you go if you were invisible?
    • Yikes, I’ll get back to you. That’s tough.
  • What is one thing you own that you wish you didn’t?
    • Nothing. I don’t keep things I don’t want.
  • What is a weird habit that you have?
    • Curling my toes
  • What is the longest word you know?
    • supercal… but I can’t spell it. I guess that doesn’t count since I don’t really know it. Epic Fail!
  • What is your all-time favorite book?
    • Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy
  • Are you currently binge watching anything? If so, what?
    • Nope. I watch one at a time to savor it.
  • If you had to pick a book boyfriend, who would it be?
    • Umm…. I’m currently writing him in my third novel. I am not at liberty to reveal this info.
  • What’s your favorite TV show and why?
    • I’m currently really loving ‘Schitt’s Creek’
  • When did you start blogging?
    • 1.5 years ago
  • What’s your favorite type of blog to read?
    • all about books
  • What did you first expect from starting a blog and is it any different at the present time?

***

*Since I had 6 different tags, I combined all the questions. Wow, you’ve really gotten to know me. For the 11 people I tag below, you can choose any of these 11 questions to respond to…

I tag:

Reading Minds

By Hook or By Book

Touch My Spine Book Reviews

Jessica Rachow

The Project by Judy

sjhigbee

bewareofthereader.com

phantompaper

onceuponaspineblog

britwitblog

culturevultureexpress

***

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll find the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge – words and humor. You can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

68 thoughts on “AWARD: Sunshine Blogger

The Cozy Pages said:
    March 29, 2018 at 9:41 AM

“Jasmine, just ’cause I like that smell!” Hahahahahahahaha
    That was definitely a super informative post. Will have to use the word “wino” a bit more. It is funny.
    Good luck on getting through the rest of the back log!

March 29, 2018 at 9:43 AM

Ha! I couldn’t think of any princesses off the top of my head that I shared a personality with… (and don’t even be funny with that one)! I’m now down to 58 tags! 🙂

The Cozy Pages said:
        March 29, 2018 at 9:44 AM

I just burst out laughing and my 5 year old wants to know what Mummy thinks is so funny… can’t quite explain it to him 😆

March 29, 2018 at 9:46 AM

Lol that wouldn’t go over well.

The Cozy Pages said:
        March 29, 2018 at 9:50 AM

Especially as he is the most literal I have ever met! 😂

foodzesty said:
    March 29, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Congrats Jay!! I need to buy the book Forgotten Garden. The title just says something to me….:)

March 29, 2018 at 9:54 AM

If you love historical fiction, multiple/alternating stories, and lyrical language, you’ll adore this one. Thank you!

Meher Gandhi said:
    March 29, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Congratulations!!

Martie said:
    March 29, 2018 at 9:59 AM

Congrats on all nomination

theloyalbritwit said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:00 AM

Your answers were such a delight to read! Also, I didn’t know you disliked the word “fabulous”! *makes a mental note to never use this word around you again* haha
    Thanks for the nomination, too!! 💙 cheers, my friend!

March 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM

Thank you, I appreciate it. I hope you have fun with the 11 questions you choose. No pressure either.

Re fabulous… it’s one of those words that’s been mis-used so much, between the way certain people say it or how it’s attributed to a certain demographic… it always feels awkwardly used now. I love the word actually, but it just has such a weird correlation. I dislike when words get re-used in such a manner. But occasionally I do find it used in an awesome manner!

theloyalbritwit said:
        March 29, 2018 at 10:13 AM

It may be some time before I answer them…. Oh! Maybe I’ll do this when my one year comes around! Now that would be a fun way to commemorate it. 😄

Yes, that makes a lot of sense actually. I have words I feel the same way. I had a college professor tell me once never to use the word “utilize” because it essentially means one is too lazy to find a more appropriate word. LOL. So I’ve knocked that one out of my vocabulary. (Doesn’t mean it’s not an appropriate words; just goes to show how pretentious hard-core grammarians can be!)

March 29, 2018 at 10:16 AM

I’m about 3 months late, so no worries!

he’s a smart man. It’s like assume. 😛

March 29, 2018 at 10:17 AM

somehow that (s) got dropped… it said (s)he’s a smart (wo)man

theloyalbritwit said:
        March 29, 2018 at 10:32 AM

Hahaha no worries, it was a man anyways! 😝 He was also my advisor so I have fond memories of him and his sayings. Yes, assume is another one!

Phantom Paper said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM

Yikes, you got tagged for so many?! It’s a blessing and a curse 😛 I did get to know you a bit more now after reading this. And you wrote the wrong answer for the 3rd last one, hehehehehehehe don’t mind me 😁

March 29, 2018 at 10:12 AM

It is a blessing and a curse. Which Q? About blogging 1.5 years ago?

Phantom Paper said:
        March 29, 2018 at 10:18 AM

Yes 😜 Btw, great answer to the princess one, trés originale👌😄

March 29, 2018 at 10:20 AM

I try! 🙂 Hmmm… maybe I’ve been blogging for 40 years?

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:05 AM

Ha ha ha! I love the words that make you laugh… I agree with all of them (and also won’t even try to spell the first one. Doesn’t make it any less funny!) and Schitts Creek is so good! I was trying to win a day on the set…. Alas. I didn’t win and still have not received $10 from Eugene Levy’s pocket… 😭

raynotbradbury said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:12 AM

Books & dessert 🍮 😃✌️and congrats 🎈🎊

Esther said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:17 AM

This was so fun reading.

Rapid fire.

I love knowing about people’s lives lol. One of the reasons I savor blogs that discuss their personal lives.

March 29, 2018 at 10:19 AM

Thank you! I appreciate it. It was a lot at once, but I am catching up! You’ll be tagged on one soon… be prepared! 🙂

Esther said:
        April 3, 2018 at 8:21 AM

Shoot!

I’ve seen it…and I’m not doing it until I’ve read a considerable number of those hundred books.

I couldn’t find up to TWO that I’ve read…

Now that would definitely be poor for my image 😎😳 lol thank you

April 3, 2018 at 8:22 AM

Aww… no one says those are the right 100. You can create your own! 🙂

authortaylermacneill said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:23 AM

Well written, love some of thise answers 😁

Mary Deal said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:39 AM

This is funny and looks like a lot of fun for those who follow blogs. I particularly find rapport with your response about never re-reading books. That is so me, though I used to do it. Now I don’t even go back to a book and try to finish it if I’ve left it unfinished because it didn’t do anything for me.

March 29, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Thanks for stopping by, Mary. There are so many good books, I can’t let myself re-read anymore! 🙂 Hope you’re having a wonderful week.

Lori D. Marchell Carlsen said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Congratulations!

Sunshine Blogger Award – TV Addicted Bookworm said:
    March 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM

[…] to James at This is My Truth Now for the tag! Please check out his blog; it’s really great. P.S. James combined several tags […]

Jessica Rachow said:
    March 29, 2018 at 11:10 AM

This was a lot of fun to read, thanks for tagging me! 🙂

sjhigbee said:
    March 29, 2018 at 11:35 AM

Thank you so much for thinking of me, James:)). I’ll hopefully get back to this one before the end of the Easter break… Loved reading your delightful answers to these questions.

March 29, 2018 at 11:49 AM

You’re welcome. No rush! Whenever you have time, or feel free to skip, too. I just like sharing other blogs with my online friends. Happy Easter.

sjhigbee said:
        March 29, 2018 at 2:03 PM

And a very Happy Easter to you, too, Jay:))

misifusa said:
    March 29, 2018 at 11:37 AM

Jay, I loved this post! Congrats on 6 Sunshine Awards! Well-deserved! By the way, when I was a kid in school, we had to learn how to spell it – so here it is:
    supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! 🙂

Phantom Paper said:
    March 29, 2018 at 12:01 PM

lollll, the question’s asking ‘why’ not how long! xD

March 29, 2018 at 12:26 PM

OMG – thank you! I totally missed that and thought you were being funny about it. Fixed! 🙂 I changed the Q — LOL

This is Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious! The only reason why I know that word is because it’s one of my favorite songs and I know the lyrics by heart. 😁 Thanks again for thinking of me Jay. This looks fun. And I love the smell of Jasmine too. You probably don’t have to guess which Disney Princess I’d pick!😁

rugby843 said:
    March 29, 2018 at 1:19 PM

Wow, that’s a lot of questions! But you answered them well! For a private person, I thought you opened up more and it was fun reading your answers. I also loved Charlotte’s Web and I like Follett. Definitely vampires, I don’t understand any appeal in zombies. Great job!

March 29, 2018 at 1:20 PM

Aww, thank you for commenting. I hope you’ll participate in the one I tagged you on. No pressure! I figure I need to say more! 🙂

lisarey1990 said:
    March 29, 2018 at 4:10 PM

Reblogged this on culturevultureexpress.

March 29, 2018 at 6:26 PM

Congratulations on all of the nominations Jay!! I really love reading posts that a very informative. When I was in high school we went to this restaurant that was a small buffet style place. We were walking around the buffet trying to find something that I would eat because I was very picky back then(who am I kidding I still am lol) anyways I saw what I thought was chicken strips so I told my mom I guess I will just eat those. Luckily there was another customer behind us that heard us call them chicken strips and he informed us that they were frog legs. I already had them on my plate so I couldn’t put them back. I tried them and I actually thought they were good. To me they tasted just like chicken. That being said though I have never eaten it again.

Dani☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ said:
    March 29, 2018 at 6:36 PM

Thanks for tagging me, Jay!😍 You definitely deserve this award and Congrats! Thanks so much for tagging me and I loved learning new things about you. Great Post.💯📚💙🌠

Dani☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ said:
    March 29, 2018 at 6:39 PM

But I have to say I LOVE Zombies but I can see why you prefer Vanmpires. They actually have minds that are functioning, are pretty open-minded sexually(which I think is awesome) and there is less mess, which is always a plus! Lol.😂

Lashaan (Bookidote) said: