I was nominated by seven wonderful bloggers over the last few months for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much for all their wonderful posts, friendship, and votes. I’m combining these together and picking the 11 best questions so I can to cover all the bases on this fun award tag. I was nominated by:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog
- Indicate 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions the person asked you
- Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog to let them know)
- Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions.
11 Facts About Me
- I wear contact lenses because I am worse than a bat.
- I’m the fourth male directly in my line with this exact name, hence the “IV” after my name. Please bow before me. Just teasing. A curtsy is sufficient.
- I prefer spelling things the British way. I’m American. They seem better lately.
- I have been to Cambodia. I saw the best life has to offer. I saw the worst life has to offer. Don’t ask for details. I am not at liberty to reveal due to a… never mind.
- I am a reader and writer, yet I always test nearly perfect on mathematics. Took so many advanced calculus courses, I think I plotted every angle possible. I know the exact angle to send a sling shot towards… whomever deserves it.
- The calla lily is my favorite flower. I’d like them at my funeral please. You’re all tasked with making sure this happens or I’ll haunt you.
- I was a good gymnast as a kid. I could climb to the top of the rope, walk the balance beam, jump the horse and use the rings to turn myself in every direction. After puberty hit, my balance was so off, I could barely walk a straight line. A few drinks make it much better now.
- I used to ride horses, but it’s been almost two decades since I’ve been on one. I love it, but I see no reason to feel like I’m constantly vibrating (in a bad way, to clarify) while the wind is whipping in my face.
- My nickname in high school was Tooshie. You can decide why or what it means.
- I can’t smell tequila anymore or it will make me sick. Bad college incident. It’s okay in a mixed drink, but a shot will induce projectile, something fierce along the lines of what happened to me in question #8 below (you’re in for a treat!).
- I have no self control when it comes to dark chocolate or champagne. None. I will do anything for it.
Questions to Me
- What’s your favourite drink?
- Jack Daniels and Ginger Ale
- If a bear and a shark had a fight, who would win?
- Shark… I think one bite and the bear couldn’t get loose
- Is there a sound or a word you absolutely cannot stand?
- Anything at the dentist’s office
- Would you rather have to say every thought out loud or hear everyone else’s thoughts?
- Say every thought out loud. I already have too many people’s voices in my heads. Characters just won’t behave anymore.
- What household chore do you actually kind of enjoy doing?
- What are you reading right now? Are you enjoying it?
- Ken Follett’s A Column of Fire. And YES!
- Harry Potter or Twilight?
- Harry Potter all the way.
- How long do you think it takes you to read a book? (on average, of course)
- I generally read 1 page per minute, and that’s an average of a light cozy (2 pages per minute) compared to a heavy historical fiction novel (about 3/4 page every minute)
- What is the number one book on your TBR now?
- I really want to read Kate Morton’s The Lake House
- What do you like least about blogging?
- Formatting posts… it takes forever!
- Do you consider blogging a hobby, a marketing tool, or a way to make a living?
- It could be anything. For me, it’s both a hobby and a marketing tool.
Question to You
- Which body part would you exchange if you could?
- What do you like least about blogging?
- If you could inhabit someone else’s body for a day, who would it be?
- If you could have someone else’s personality and intelligence, who would it be?
- Where are you taking me to dinner tomorrow night? Or if that’s not gonna work for you, what gift are you sending in lieu of canceling last minute on me? Seems appropriate.
- Have you ever tried to count the licks to get to the center of the Tootsie Roll Pop?
- Did I share too much above? If yes, which item. If not, you’re my new best friend.
- If you could hide in someone’s pocket for a day just to see what they really do when you’re not around, who would it be?
- If you have an entire cake to yourself, and you know for certain that no one else will eat it nor see you eat it, would you still cut it up and serve it on a plate? Or would you dig in with a shovel? (Assume nothing bad happens to your body as a result of consuming said
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I say “bite me” ? Good or bad, let it rip.
- Have you met Liebster? If Yes, please describe. If No, please contribute $25 to the charity of your choice in order to successfully have completed this easy and fun quiz. Failure to do so results in an automatic replication of 10 more quizzes a day from me to you as a loving gesture of support.
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll find the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge – words and humor. You can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.