I’ve been nominated for three different book blogger tags, and I’ve combined them into a new fun tag because after this one, I still have 45 more tags to still complete! Many thanks to readrantrockandroll, bookloverblogs, and brizzlelassbooks for the nominations. These were fun — check out their blogs…. these are three of my favorite book bloggers I interact with all the time.
1. Answer the questions below
2. Credit the creator Jamie @ALittleSliceofJamie (1 of 3 since I combined tags… others are unknown)
3. Tag at least 6 people
4. Have fun!
Describe your perfect reading spot.
Absolute quiet. Perfect temperature. No interruptions.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I have to read a series in order or I get all sorts of panicky.
- I once wanted a library and had thousands of books. When I moved, I had to give many away. I now only keep about 100 on the shelf.
- I’m now at a 50/50 split between reading e-books versus physical books. It’s a good balance.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
Love, Secrets & Absolution by K.L. Loveley
How many books are on your bedside table?
1 book (Ken Follett’s A Column of Fire) and my iPad to read via Kindle, which has 15 TBR items.
What’s your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
None. I like to keep my fingers clean while reading
Name three books you would recommend to Everyone
N.N. Light’s Daily Book of Inspiration
Ken Follett’s Night Over Water
Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None
Describe how much books mean to you in just three words.
Passion. Confidence. Imagination.
1. Where do you typically write your blog posts?
On the couch in my living room
2. How long does it generally take you to write a book review?
30 minutes including formatting and posting on all sites
3. When did you start your book blog?
4. What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
It is a lot of time to be focused on one thing
5. What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?
Connections you make across the world
6. What blog post have you had the most fun writing so far?
all the 365 Daily Challenge ones
7. What is your favorite type of blog post to write?
Advice on writing / blogging
8. When do you typically write?
Dining Room table which doubles as my desk
9. Do you review every book you read?
Yes. I even went on a quest to review everything I read over the last 30 years I had never reviewed. I now have 575+ on the blog and Goodreads
10. When do you write your book reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?
Within 2 days so it’s fresh in my mind
11. How often do you post?
Top 3 book pet hates
- Not tying up loose ends
- No evidence for why a character does something
- Endings that don’t match the overall theme / style of the book
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll find the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge – words and humor. You can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.