Father Figure was officially launched for sale on Amazon about three weeks ago. There have been ~20 very positive reviews between Goodreads and Amazon to help promote the book. We will kick off the marketing plans in May. I’m excited to begin sharing them with you…
Early Blog Reviews
- A Writer’s Grab Bag
- Darque Dreamer
- The Cozy Pages
- Reviews by Shalini
- Melanie Mole
- Leave Me Alone I am Reading
Available Interviews & Marketing
- Interview: Shalini & Jay @ Book Reviews Et Al by Shalini
- Discussion: Writing Female Characters @ Christy’s ‘When Women Inspire’
- Discussion: College Campuses as Settings @ Nina’s ‘The Cozy Pages’
- Drink: Matching Pairs for Father Figure @ Nicole’s ‘The BookWorm Drinketh’
- First Line Fridays: “There’s so much blood!” @ ‘Misty’s Book Space’
- Book Blitz: Monday April 30th thru Friday May 4th
- Q&A Interviews
- Other Fun!
- Download and read for FREE options: Sunday May 6th through Thursday May 10th
- YouTube Audio / Video: Mid May
- Blog Tour: Early June
- Thank you to everyone who has read or reviewed the book in the last few weeks. I am so happy it is going well. I can’t wait to share everything as they post.
- I am also very appreciative for everyone who has re-blogged or shared these reviews and posts. You help make this even more successful.
- If you’ve published any posts that I’ve missed or didn’t include here, please let me know. I will keep updating my author website with all the links through end of June when I’m done with the initial marketing phase.
Between the fast-paced New York City, a rural Mississippi town, and a charming Pennsylvania college campus filled with secrets, two young girls learn the consequences of growing up too quickly. Struggling to survive in a claustrophobic, unforgiving world, they embark on a journey to overcome all the pain, disappointment, and horror of their experiences.
Amalia Graeme, abused by her mother for most of her life, longs to escape her desolate hometown, connect with others, and fall in love. Contemplating an impending loss of innocence and conflicting feelings between her boyfriend and the dangerous attraction she’s developed for an older man, Amalia suffers devastating, life-altering tragedies. No matter where she turns, someone or something always steals her hope of finding happiness, protection, and love.
Brianna Porter, a sassy yet angst-ridden teenager raised in New York City, yearns to determine her life’s true purpose, conquer her fear of abandonment, and interpret an intimidating desire for her best friend, Shanelle. All the confusion stems from desperately needing to find the father whom her mother refuses to reveal, but an unexpected discovery of a journal leads Brianna to a shocking revelation about her missing parent. Unfortunately, by casting the net to find him, she’s unleashed a tragic history that was meant to stay buried and might now completely change everyone’s futures.
Through alternating chapters set two decades apart, each girl’s plight unfolds revealing the parallels between their lives and the subsequent collision that is bound to happen. In an emotional story filled with mystery, romance, and suspense, fate intervenes forcing someone to make a dreadful decision that will leave permanent scars.