Our April 2018 Agatha Christie Readathon was a smashing success. I am thankful to everyone who participated by reading, reviewing, or spreading the news. I had so much fun chatting with readers, bloggers and friends this month. As a re-cap, in case you missed any post or were waiting until the end, below are the links to the prior posts and the 4 dedicated book pages to find all the reviews. Kudos to everyone for such fun!
- Agatha Christie Author Page
- VOTE in the POLL (March 1st thru 15th, 2018)
- Winning Books & Date to Read By
- The Secret Adversary (Other) – 4/6
- Peril at End House (Poirot) – 4/13
- The Body in the Library (Re-Read) – 4/20
- Murder at the Vicarage (Marple) – 4/27
- Participating Blogs & Reviews
Background on the Agatha Christie Readathon
I’m an avid mystery reader and one of my favorite authors is Agatha Christie. I shared a post on this wonderful writer several months ago and have a dedicated page to her on my blog. Click on both links to see what I’ve read or said in the past. I’m holding an Agatha Christie Readathon in April. For more information, click the link and see the background and guidelines below. Essentially, we will read 1 book for each week in April 2018, then post our reviews. You can join in and read with us — either 1, 2, 3 or all 4 weeks! The goal is to revisit an old favorite, connect with new bloggers, and share the love we have for this fantastic author. Voting in the pools was held from 3/1 thru 3/14, and the results are in for which books we will read in April:
- The Secret Adversary (Other) – Read By 4/6, Post Review on 4/7 (Week 1)
- Peril at End House (Poirot) – Read By 4/13, Post Review on 4/14 (Week 2)
- The Body in the Library (Re-Read) – Read By 4/20, Post Review on 4/21 (Week 3)
- Murder at the Vicarage (Marple) – Read By 4/27, Post Review on 4/28 (Week 4)
If you’re interested, please respond below in the comments with which weeks or books you want to read. I will create a separate page for each one and list all the sites where you can find the reviews. You will post the review on your site, and I’ll link it from that page so everyone can see them!
Please share with your followers so we have even more participation. Thanks!
Below is the structure and guidelines of the April Agatha Christie Readathon:
- In April 2018, we will read 4 books written by Agatha Christie.
- We will follow a schedule (6 days to read, 1 day to post review):
- We read the first book from Sun 4/1 thru Fri 4/6, then post reviews on Sat 4/7. It will be from a non-series book I haven’t read.
- We read the second book from Sun 4/8 thru Fri 4/13, then post reviews on Sat 4/14. It will be a book from the Hercule Poirot series.
- We read the third book from Sun 4/15 thru Fri 4/20, then post reviews on Sat 4/21. It will be a book I’ve already read but I will re-read another time.
- We read the fourth book from Sun 4/22 thru Fri 4/27, then post reviews on Sat 4/28. It will be a book from the Miss Marple series.
- You can read only one week, a few weeks, or all four weeks — your choice.
- Reviews/Posts can be any format, but you will link back to my main page where I will then list all the blogs or websites who are participating so that everyone can find your reviews.
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.