TAG O’RAMA: Past Due Gratitude – Part 1 of 5

Life has just gotten away from me in the last few months… between the 365 Daily Challenge, publishing two novels, reading ~100 books, and earning a living, I haven’t been able to keep up with all the wonderful tags and awards that I’ve been blessed with. I’m so grateful to the blogging community for the love and support you’ve shown me and feel awful that I’ve gotten behind on about ~40 nominations or ping-backs. I’ve been trying to catch up, but it’s not working! So… I’ve decided for the next week, I am going to highlight several bloggers each day who have been generous enough to tag me…

Untitled.png

These bloggers deserve the kudos and a celebrated mention so that more people can find out about them and/or connect with amazing people around the world. Below please find 7 blogs you should be checking out and following. I’ve included the original post they tagged me on as well as a response to a few questions or items from their tag. If I stay on schedule, I’ll be caught up and current on my tags within a week, and then I promise to try to stay on top of them going forward. Thank you to everyone for understanding. Much gratitude for sharing your blogs with me and in turn with the rest of the blogosphere!

***

10 Random Facts About Me

• BrizzleLass Books
  • My random fact is that I can’t stand the taste of mushrooms. They ruin the flavor of anything I’ve ever eaten. And it’s a fungus… why o’ why would someone eat it? 🙂

New Disney Princess

Burn, Rewrite, ReRead

• She Reads at Past Midnight
  • Books randomly chosen from Goodreads ‘read’ list – this was tough!
    • Burn
      • John Steinbeck’s ‘The Grapes of Wrath’
    • Rewrite
      • William Shakespeare’s ‘Much Ado About Nothing’
    • ReRead
      • E. B. White’s ‘Charlotte’s Web’

Handwriting

• Ice Breaker 694
  • I truly have the world’s worst handwriting because I’m always rushing, so if I wrote anything, you wouldn’t be able to read it!

School Subject Book

• Ann the Book Master
  • FRENCH – YOUR FAVORITE FOREIGN BOOK/FILM/PROGRAM
    • Beartown by Fredrik Backman (it was translated from Swedish)
    • beartown

Carpool

• Growing Self
  • I don’t have a car anymore since I live in NYC, but my last car when I lived in the suburbs was a Volkswagen Tiguan (the year they came out) because it had a moon roof that was the entire ceiling of the car!

Emperor’s New Clothes

• The Orangutan Librarian
  • “THE DOUBLET IS A LOVELY SHADE OF GREEN” – A BOOK THAT SEDUCED YOU WITH ITS COVER (THAT YOU ENDED UP DISLIKING)
    1. I only picked this because I expected it to be so much better, but the story wasn’t very strong for me. The language and imagery was great, but I was disappointed in how it felt too metaphorical and fluffy.
    2. The Bear and the Nightingale (Winternight Trilogy #1) by

bear

Nominations

32 thoughts on “TAG O’RAMA: Past Due Gratitude – Part 1 of 5

The Cozy Pages said:
    April 30, 2018 at 4:22 PM

Smart pants…. finding a way to deal with your tag backlog 😄😉

RhapsodyBoheme said:
    April 30, 2018 at 4:25 PM

What a wonderful idea and congratulations on all your awards. As always so deserved

April 30, 2018 at 4:28 PM

I appreciate it. I had been feeling awful that I left folks hanging, but I wanted to give them a nod and somehow catch up, too.

RhapsodyBoheme said:
        April 30, 2018 at 4:30 PM

I know what you mean and you did great. I’m sure everyone felt your appreciation. 😉

Colline said:
    April 30, 2018 at 4:46 PM

I like the way you have dealt with the tags.

April 30, 2018 at 4:53 PM

Thank you very much. I needed a way to catch up. Be prepared, I’ve already drafted the next two sets and you are tagged! 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    April 30, 2018 at 5:11 PM

Ingenious idea to catch up with the tags Jay!!!

April 30, 2018 at 6:08 PM

Thanks! I had to do something! I am keeping a few from April to do separately but anything before that will be included this week!

April 30, 2018 at 6:48 PM

Jay don’t feel bad for not being able to get to all of the tags. You have a lot on your plate so I’m sure everyone understands. I’m sure I have tagged you in several tag posts but I don’t want you to feel like you have to do all of them. I love how you came up with this solution to help you get through all of them it’s very clever. Also I totally agree with you about mushrooms. I hate them. My dad used to always say I don’t know why you don’t like them they take the taste of whatever they are cooked with but I don’t agree with that at all. To me they taste like cardboard.

April 30, 2018 at 7:09 PM

Thank you! That’s why I compromised with this combined tag. So much going on! 🙂

And so glad we share the mushroom hatred. Bleh.

How’s the book thief going!?

April 30, 2018 at 7:23 PM

I’m only about 150 pages into it right now and it’s a little slow right now but I’m liking it. I haven’t read it the past couple of days because I was focusing on finishing the other two books I was reading because I knew I wasn’t going to be able to finish The Book Thief.

Aww! Thanks for tagging me my lovely friend! Just for that I’ll forgive you for dissing mushrooms.😉

I like the way you cleverly caught up. I may have to copy you.🤗

Phantom Paper said:
    May 1, 2018 at 6:07 AM

I LOVE mushrooms. Shiitake mushrooms have a unique, utterly fragrant umami flavor and button mushrooms taste great in a cream of mushroom soup! What have you had to make you dislike them?

May 1, 2018 at 6:51 AM

Wow. You got all the genes for them. I got none. I’ve had them in everything. Various types. Not sure why but my taste buds just get turned off. Especially in sauces or in salads.

Phantom Paper said:
        May 1, 2018 at 10:36 AM

Once, on a flight journey, they gave a small packet of flavored mushrooms. Even I didn’t dare touch that! My sisters told me it was salty and oily (◎_◎) Imagine!

For me, it’s mustard oil. Makes me dizzy😁

May 1, 2018 at 10:37 AM

That can be a strong flavor! Wow.

Phantom Paper said:
        May 1, 2018 at 10:39 AM

I know! WORST thing to give on a flight! Especially if you get airsick.