TAG O’RAMA: Past Due Gratitude – Part 2 of 5

Life has just gotten away from me in the last few months… between the 365 Daily Challenge, publishing two novels, reading ~100 books, and earning a living, I haven’t been able to keep up with all the wonderful tags and awards that I’ve been blessed with. I’m so grateful to the blogging community for the love and support you’ve shown me and feel awful that I’ve gotten behind on about ~40 nominations or ping-backs. I’ve been trying to catch up, but it’s not working! So… I’ve decided for the next week, I am going to highlight several bloggers each day who have been generous enough to tag me…

Untitled.png

These bloggers deserve the kudos and a celebrated mention so that more people can find out about them and/or connect with amazing people around the world. Below please find 7 blogs you should be checking out and following. I’ve included the original post they tagged me on as well as a response to a few questions or items from their tag. If I stay on schedule, I’ll be caught up and current on my tags within a week, and then I promise to try to stay on top of them going forward. Thank you to everyone for understanding. Much gratitude for sharing your blogs with me and in turn with the rest of the blogosphere!

***

Playlist Shuffle

• BrizzleLass Books
  • Nick Jonas ‘Chains‘ — If you don’t already know this about me, I might be obsessed with him

End of the Year Books

• Read, Rant, Rock & Roll
  • Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favorite book of the year?
    • Hazel Gaynor’s ‘The Cottingley Secret’ — reading in June

bear.jpg

Halloween Creatures Books

37755851

Christmas

Falltime Cozy Time Fall Book

• Naty’s Bookshelf
  • Crunching leaves: the world is full of color – choose a book that has reds/oranges/yellows on the cover
    • Ken Follett’s ‘A Column of Fire’

colu

Winter is Coming

• Bookmark Your Thoughts
  • SLEDDING: WE ALL LOVED IT WHEN WE WERE YOUNGER. CHOOSE A BOOK THAT YOU LOVED WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD
    • Maurice Sendak’s ‘Where the Wild Things Are’

things.jpg

Christmas Cuisine

• Escaping in Paper
  • Pavlova: The book you’re most looking forward to reading next.

Diana Gabaldon’s ‘Dragonfly’ in Amber — starting it tomorrow (May ’18 Book Bucket List pick on my blog’s poll)

bear.jpg

Nominations

42 thoughts on “TAG O’RAMA: Past Due Gratitude – Part 2 of 5

shalini said:
    May 1, 2018 at 5:14 AM

Heya!! Thank you for the nomination. Why are you awake writing a blog? Shouldn’t you be sleeping or some such fun stuff? We think you are Superman, but do you have to show us that everyday?
    I am getting a complex for not doing anything…
    BUT WHY ARE YOU AWAKE

May 1, 2018 at 6:45 AM

I wasn’t. Set it to post overnight while I was sleeping. 🙂 you’re welcome.

May 1, 2018 at 6:46 AM

Oh I didn’t know you were a Nick Jonas fan. I am too and I love that song.

May 1, 2018 at 6:50 AM

Yes! I wasn’t when it was the Jonas brothers but for some reason, he does it! Did you watch the tv shows he’s been in?

May 1, 2018 at 6:51 AM

Yeah I wasn’t a huge fan of the Jonas Brothers but I did like some of their songs. I much prefer him solo. No I don’t think I have.

Colline said:
    May 1, 2018 at 7:27 AM

Seeing that cover of Ken Follet’s book reminds me that I should read my copy soon!

May 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM

It is a commitment, but it’s so good… took a little to find it’s groove, but by 200 pages or so, it was page turning non stop intense.

The Cozy Pages said:
    May 1, 2018 at 8:47 AM

Mmmmmmm…… Don’t be expecting any thanks for the tag 😜
    But I will say thanks for introducing me to Hard Candy Christmas… never heard it before. I like it.

May 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM

Hehe! It’s about the only ‘country’ I can handle. 🙂 and I won’t tag you on anymore!!! I usually go for the last few folks in my comment box. Won’t do that today!

May 1, 2018 at 9:27 AM

Thanks for the tag, Jay! Wow, you are creative as ever!! I’ll try to do this tag following either of two options 🙂

watchingthedaisies said:
    May 1, 2018 at 9:33 AM

You have been busy Jay! I have read one of Diana Gabaldons books which was pretty amazibg. I love the Outlander series and must get round to buying series 3.
    Thank you for the tag. I have three pending so I am not sure if I will manage another but we will see…

watchingthedaisies said:
    May 1, 2018 at 9:35 AM

You are a star. 🌼

May 1, 2018 at 9:41 AM

This is such a neat way to catch up! Thanks for the mention. I have to say that I still need to read The Cottingley Secret which I won last year and the Spells and Caramels series. Those book covers! Just amazing. Hope you love Dragonfly in Amber! 💛 Take care. 😊

May 1, 2018 at 9:42 AM

Thanks, Mischenko. Spells & Caramels are fun reads, easy for 1 night or 2 depending on how much time you have.

You’re welcome! I’m sorry I couldn’t get to it sooner. It’s been so busy, but I wanted to thank you (and a few others) who took the time to tag or nominate me!!!

May 1, 2018 at 9:49 AM

I can’t wait. I honestly haven’t read much in the way of mystery, but I hope to remedy that this year and that series has been calling my name! Definitely no apology needed! 😁

May 1, 2018 at 9:52 AM

it’s mystery, but it’s also 50% just humor / romance / discovery, so it’s cool

Argh! You’ve just reminded me that somehow I need to catch up with the Outlander series.🤦🏻‍♀️

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    May 1, 2018 at 10:35 PM

Woot woot!! Thanks for the nominationl😃 Now I just have to make sure I don’t lose the link so I can complete it! Lol! I’m FINALLY getting a system down after forgetting stuff all through March. 😂🍻

May 1, 2018 at 10:37 PM

Ha! Good for you. I’ll set r to remind you every three minutes until you post. Fair? Lol. I bookmarked em all. When I hit 80 last month I felt awful. But all good now! Don’t let the vortex consume you. Lol.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 1, 2018 at 11:23 PM

Ha ha! Ok. Expecting my. 1st reminder in T-minus 2 mins 57 seconds and counting… 56..55..Lol! I’m TRYING not to let in consume me… I’ll let the 4 books I have to read in the next week do that 1st!! Lol! Don’t make too many promises at once! .. And don’t make requests without your schedule book at hand!! 😂🍻 It’s going to be a busy week!! 👍👍📚📚📚📚📚

May 2, 2018 at 7:26 AM

All those reminders come thru?

4 in a week, wow… I’ll leave you alone for a bit. yikes.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 2, 2018 at 7:44 AM

Ha ha!! Don’t leave me alone! This is when I need MOTIVATION!! *CUE UP EYE OF THE TIGER* 🐯🐯

May 2, 2018 at 7:48 AM

True…. how many of those 4 are done so far? Go git’um Tiger

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 2, 2018 at 7:49 AM

Ha ha! Well…. Seeing as I’m chatting and reading blog posts…. None? 🤔 OK… Maybe I SHOULD get on this!

May 2, 2018 at 7:52 AM

4 hour check in! On your mark, get set, go… motivation

May 2, 2018 at 12:03 PM

4 hour check-in, two books done? 😛

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 2, 2018 at 12:19 PM

Ha ha! Not even ONE! I blame Shalini…. I’ve been too busy trying to get everyone to my blog today, that I forgot about reading the books for my NEXT posts!! Well, I’m on it now!… Try me in another 4 hrs. I’ll TOTALLY have at least 1 book done! 😋😎

May 2, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Let me know if I can do anything. I’ve tweeted your posts from the last few days. I can do something more direct if you have content you want me to share! 🙂

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 2, 2018 at 1:01 PM

You’re the best!! 💖💖 I just felt like the passed few days were slower for comments and likes.. I had lots of traffic, but nothing else. It’s silly… But, it makes me edgy when it’s things that I enjoy! Lol! I know. I need to learn to calm down… SOMEDAY! 😋🥂😲😲

May 2, 2018 at 1:03 PM

It’s hard to figure out what drives things… for me, your blog doesn’t show up in Reader, so I have to check it a few times a day to get the posts. Weird.

But I will do a bigger post on you whenever you’d like!

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 2, 2018 at 1:04 PM

Ha ha!! Well, thank you for the help!! This is why I’m your angel… Or devil… Or BookWorm…. Yet to be established?? 💖💖😂😄

Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts said:
    May 12, 2018 at 1:21 PM

What a cute idea! I really like this. And we all completely understand how busy you’ve been! We’ve all been there ha-ha. I actually took 2 hiatus’ this year…I’m kind of in one, but I didn’t post that I was. It’s nice to come back and see all of these wonderful posts though!