TAG O’RAMA: Past Due Gratitude – Part 3 of 5

Life has just gotten away from me in the last few months… between the 365 Daily Challenge, publishing two novels, reading ~100 books, and earning a living, I haven’t been able to keep up with all the wonderful tags and awards that I’ve been blessed with. I’m so grateful to the blogging community for the love and support you’ve shown me and feel awful that I’ve gotten behind on about ~40 nominations or ping-backs. I’ve been trying to catch up, but it’s not working! So… I’ve decided for the next week, I am going to highlight several bloggers each day who have been generous enough to tag me…

Untitled.png

These bloggers deserve the kudos and a celebrated mention so that more people can find out about them and/or connect with amazing people around the world. Below please find 7 blogs you should be checking out and following. I’ve included the original post they tagged me on as well as a response to a few questions or items from their tag. If I stay on schedule, I’ll be caught up and current on my tags within a week, and then I promise to try to stay on top of them going forward. Thank you to everyone for understanding. If I missed a tag or award, let me know. I will fix that! Much gratitude for sharing your blogs with me and in turn with the rest of the blogosphere!

***

Currently Reading Booktag

cinco

My Pet

• Read, Rant, Rock and Roll
  • My ten-year-old shiba inu dog, Ryder, unexpectedly passed away earlier this year. It was one of the worst times in my life, and there are still days where I’m just not ready to accept it. Right now, I don’t have a pet, but I have started discussions with a few breeders and rescue facilities to look at adopting a dog this summer after vacation.

IMG_1916.JPG

My Life in Books (Birthday)

• Naty’s Bookshelf
  • Spell Your Name in Books
    • J –  ‘Just One Damned Thing After Another’ by Jodi Taylor
    • A – ‘After You’ by Jojo Moyes
    • Y – ‘You’ By Caroline Kepnes

Anything But Books

• The Cozy Pages
  • What do you do other than read or write books that takes you hours?
    • I’m an avid genealogist. I currently have about 2500 people in my family tree on Ancestry.com, but I search several times per week, sometimes hours go by and I haven’t moved an inch from my spot on the couch. I use surnames and proper names from my ancestors in all my books, e.g. Amalia, Graeme, Villing, Glass…

Three Day Quote

• The Purple Almond
  • Since I am only choosing one question from each tag, I am trying to find the most appropriate one. In this tag, I will laugh at myself. In high school, I was forced to pick a quote for the yearbook, but I kept trying to avoid it. I said something as a joke never expecting it to be printed. Wow, was I embarrassed for… EVER? I still see it when I look at my yearbook. Sticking with the theme of ‘3’ it was:
    • “It takes two to tango but three’s a crowd. So beat it.”

Netflix Book

Jurassic Park World Book

• Port Jericho
  • A book that changed your perceptions on an issue/culture, etc.
    • ‘The Philosopher’s Apprentice’ by James Morrow: it’s a story about cloning to achieve perfect, but done in such a way it’s funny, relateable and intense.

What’s in My Bookshelf

*** This was a brand new tag by Naty — Definitely check this one out – she did an awesome job!!! ***

Nominations

42 thoughts on “TAG O’RAMA: Past Due Gratitude – Part 3 of 5

Carrie Rubin said:
    May 1, 2018 at 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear about Ryder. Losing a pet is so difficult. They become such a member of the family.

May 1, 2018 at 10:27 AM

Thanks, Carrie. It was difficult… sometimes life just does that, but in time, it gets better. 🙂

I will be buying your book next week as I’m going to Italy and need a few things to read! 🙂

Carrie Rubin said:
        May 1, 2018 at 10:33 AM

Thank you. Very nice of you, but I imagine you have more than enough to read. I don’t know how you do it all!

May 1, 2018 at 10:34 AM

You are welcome! I am very organized… so when I find a book I want to read, I pick the next available month and lock it in. I should be done right before I leave with everything on my plate, so then I can download the ones I planned for May to read while away!

Carrie Rubin said:
        May 1, 2018 at 10:35 AM

Enjoy your vacation. You’ve definitely earned some major downtime.

May 1, 2018 at 10:40 AM

I still think about Ryder and have his pic. 😔 I wish we lived closer because these pups are about ready for new homes! 🐶

I’d love to eventually get into genealogy to know more about my Russian and Syrian ancestry. 2500 is amazing and had to take some work! Wow, that’s amazing. 💜 Take care and thanks for linking back.

May 1, 2018 at 10:44 AM

Thank you. He was so special. I know… I’d consider taking one, too. I know W has his heart set on another shiba, but we are thinking maybe two dogs after a bit.

If I can help with genealogy, let me know. I have the ancestry subscription and could search for a few things if you’d like!

May 1, 2018 at 10:53 AM

Aww. For sure. Well you know their dad’s name is also W – so, a sign? 😉 This is our last litter so, we are trying to enjoy every minute. Amazing the things dogs teach us. I honestly don’t think I could live without them even knowing we have to say goodbye. I hate the thought, but the love and memories… 💜

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on that. 😁 Take care and enjoy your upcoming trip!

May 1, 2018 at 11:24 AM

I can’t imagine how you get anything done with puppies there… I’d be playing all the time. 🙂 that’s right, the W connection!!!

I’m sure we’ll talk before the trip. 2 weeks from yesterday I leave.

The Cozy Pages said:
    May 1, 2018 at 11:46 AM

I love that you use surnames and proper names from your ancestors in your books. It’s a great way to honour them in a very personal way.

Heidi M. Simone said:
    May 1, 2018 at 11:59 AM

Great idea, and thank you for the tag!! I’ll have to think which route I’ll take, but I’ll definitely be doing one or the other. 🙂

mrsnnnlight said:
    May 1, 2018 at 12:14 PM

Many thanks for the shout-out on our inspirational book. 🙂

indianeskitchen said:
    May 1, 2018 at 12:17 PM

Wow you are one busy person!

May 1, 2018 at 12:21 PM

It’s been like that lately, but I’m trying to calm down! I should be caught up later this week and will feel a lot better! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by.

I’ve keep thinking of you and Ryder. I know how horrible it was for you. I’m still thinking of him running around in Dog Heaven with my Lacey. I’m glad you’re thinking of getting another pup. Some people are meant to be dog parents and you’re obviously one of them Jay. Are you thinking of another Shiba Inu, or a different breed?

Naty said:
    May 1, 2018 at 1:37 PM

I’m so sorry about Ryder. I hope the pain in your heart lessens a bit with time…

Also, you totally don’t need to apologize for not answering tags – I must be almost a year late with some of mine! Hahaha Happens!

May 1, 2018 at 1:57 PM

Thank you for the note and for understanding. I’m all caught up now… just finished the last set of 7 which will post tonight. I think I’m done! 🙂

anne leueen said:
    May 1, 2018 at 9:19 PM

I’m glad you are feeling ready to consider getting another pet. They really make such a difference in our lives.

May 1, 2018 at 9:40 PM

You are right. I miss having one… at night, it’s quiet and lonely in that sense of just feeling the comfort of snuggling next to one whether on the couch or playing on the grass (or racing…)!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    May 1, 2018 at 10:31 PM

Wow that’s amazing that you’ve found out so much from Ancestry.com- I’d love to use that site one day! And I *love* Return of the Native!

foodzesty said:
    May 2, 2018 at 6:25 AM

🙂

carhicks said:
    May 2, 2018 at 7:16 AM

Oh Ryder, missing him must hit you at the most unexpected times. I am having my dog put down this weekend. He is really deteriorating and in so much pain from his arthritis, he can barely get up and down the one step to go outside. He sleeps all the time and hardly eats anymore. I know I will miss him so much.

I love that you use the names of your ancestors in your books, great way to keep those names alive. Thanks for the nomimation. I will have to figure out which way I want to do this. Have a great day.

May 2, 2018 at 7:29 AM

Oh, I’m so sorry. I’m here if you need to vent / chat / email. Big hugs. You’re doing the right thing if he’s in pain. 😦

No stress on the tags / awards. Some of mine sat for 6 months. Take your time or skip… it’s also just a good way to share your blog with someone else, which is why I end up doing them so I can spread news too about other fun bloggers. Even if I don’t do the tag / award questions.

robbiesinspiration said:
    May 3, 2018 at 12:57 PM

This is a lovely way of catching up with tags, Jay. I am also a bit behind so I will definitely try to do this over the coming weekend.

Atwood Cutting said:
    May 3, 2018 at 3:03 PM

Yuri here. Glad you are looking ahead to summer evening walks with a new four-legged unconditionally-loving companion. Meow and good thoughts to you.
    XOXO Yuri

May 3, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Howdy! So good to see you… tell the lovely woman you live with to have a great time at her book signing / introduction — just saw the post!

Atwood Cutting said:
    May 3, 2018 at 5:47 PM

She says, “Thanks so much.” I think that means “meowwwww.”
    Yuri

Pet Tag – Zoey! said:
    May 17, 2018 at 3:50 AM

[…] 17, 2018May 17, 2018 Heidi M. SimoneImage I was recently tagged by James @This Is My Truth Now and was inspired to complete this tag by Sheri @TV Addicted Bookworm. So here […]