BookBub: Are you on this site, too?

I joined this fantastic book site about 3 months ago, but I haven’t been spending a lot of time on there simply because there has been so much going on elsewhere. But what a mistake that is… if you aren’t familiar with it, and you love books, then you need to check it out. It’s free, you get a daily email with a list of all books that are free or heavily discounted, and you can connect with other readers similar to Goodreads. You can also narrow options by specific genres and sub-genres to ensure you only see the books you want to see.

For authors, BookBub is another avenue to assist with book sales and make connections. It’s important to get as many reviews on here as you can, so that when someone sees your book going on sale or being discounted they can quickly check out the top reviews.

Untitled

As part of May, I’m going to share my profile and the websites I use for both (1) choosing / reading new books and (2) advertising my own books. If you have some time, I’d love your help with a few things:

***

Examples of Daily Deal Here

Untitled.png

Note: Those are just a few of the categories and menu items… consider this a teaser to go check out the site!

60 thoughts on “BookBub: Are you on this site, too?

bettylouise31 said:
    May 2, 2018 at 12:05 PM

I am not in Bookbub as I have too many sites open and don’t have the time to do them justice. I had heard of it and if I find the time will look into it. NetGalley books keep me busy all the time.
    I am currently reading THE SPOOKED IN THE STAKRS by afunny Gates, a funny cozy myst. A Henery Press book.

May 2, 2018 at 12:08 PM

Hi. I know what you mean. I have so many to manage. It’s easy to use, but I understand not taking another one on. 🙂

Spooked sounds like a fun one!

bettylouise31 said:
        May 2, 2018 at 12:20 PM

It is. It The second book of the series. I think I will use it for first wor. This friday!

E. Michael Helms, writer said:
    May 2, 2018 at 12:07 PM

I’ve downloaded dozens of books at Amazon due to BookBub’s daily newsletter. What a great source for readers (and writers, too)! 🙂
    –Michael

May 2, 2018 at 12:10 PM

Yes, definitely! I am excited to start your book next week once I finish Dragonfly in Amber and 1 other one. 🙂

May 2, 2018 at 12:10 PM

just followed you there, too

anovelglimpse said:
    May 2, 2018 at 12:09 PM

I use Bookbub all the time! It’s awesome!

May 2, 2018 at 12:17 PM

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check it out. I don’t download books because I’d rather have the actual one in my hands. Crazy, I know.

May 2, 2018 at 12:19 PM

I know! I think they’re only e-versions, but they might have something I don’t know about. Worth checking out, at least for notifications when books are published, too. 🙂

kathyscottage said:
    May 2, 2018 at 12:26 PM

I’m not on BookBub but I’ll give it some thought and check it out. Thanks.

May 2, 2018 at 12:28 PM

Good luck, it’s easy to use, and might provide a way to get some heads up on upcoming books, too.

May 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM

I signed up for BookBub last year maybe but I’ve never actually used it past getting the emails and get books every once in a while. I just went and followed you though.

May 2, 2018 at 1:00 PM

Thank you! I will make sure I follow you, too. I only learned of its use the last few weeks when I followed other authors, listed books I wanted to read, etc.

mainepaperpusher said:
    May 2, 2018 at 1:38 PM

Yup, I always look forward to my daily email.

tahenryauthoress said:
    May 2, 2018 at 1:42 PM

BookBub, the holy grail in marketing. LOL. I don’t have enough reviews to even qualify to apply. Perhaps with my next round of books.

May 2, 2018 at 2:10 PM

I had zero and got on. You should go there!!!

tahenryauthoress said:
        May 2, 2018 at 2:28 PM

really? The standard fare is you need 50 reviews before they’ll even consider you.

May 2, 2018 at 2:49 PM

How interesting…. maybe we’re talking different features. I am a reader there, but I’ve mapped my books so people see me as a author, too.

tahenryauthoress said:
        May 2, 2018 at 4:07 PM

We are. I created an account and mapped my books but to get a feature, which is the gold standard, is very hard.

May 2, 2018 at 4:11 PM

Oh!!! Now I need to try pushing for that! THanks.

watchingthedaisies said:
    May 2, 2018 at 2:06 PM

I am on Book Bub too and just followed you. 🌼

CJR The Brit said:
    May 2, 2018 at 2:28 PM

I love Bookbub! With Amazon being such a pain in the bum lately I’ve been adding reviews to BB too….

Kiersten said:
    May 2, 2018 at 3:19 PM

Omg why did I not know about this?! Yay for new book media. 🙂

May 2, 2018 at 3:28 PM

I know!!! I have a few coming out in the next week that might help others!

Katherine said:
    May 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM

I’m on Bookbub and have been for years. I use NetGallry more as the books are obviously free ARCs.

May 2, 2018 at 4:12 PM

True. I plan to highlight NetGalley next week. I’ll look for you on bookbub.

Katherine said:
        May 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM

I have sometimes download some of the free books or purchased a cheap book from Bookbub. What attracted me to Bookbub was the unusual name and fact you can choose genres. I have sometimes found their selections a bit limited but usually find something. It’s a huge rush when I have already read a book through NetGalley and then it appears on Bookbub.

May 3, 2018 at 11:12 AM

Yes! I always get caught up in trying to get my reviews on all the sites. So much work but fun. 🙂

RavenclawPride said:
    May 2, 2018 at 5:28 PM

Bookhub is awesome! I download books from their weekly newsletter.

I love BookBub and will leave reviews for your books ASAP. And thanks for following me Jay.😊

The Cozy Pages said:
    May 2, 2018 at 9:24 PM

Thanks Jay. I hadn’t thought of leaving reviews on Bookbub. Will do so. I have a couple to start with…. 😉

Carrie said:
    May 4, 2018 at 12:54 AM

I’ve downloaded free books from Bookbub but obviously paid no attention to the site otherwise since I didn’t know about followers/profiles etc etc. Thanks for pointing it out I’ll have to take a closer look sometime. 🙂

Jenn @ Bound to Writing said:
    May 4, 2018 at 9:37 AM

I have a Bookbub account but I never knew you could set it up with your own books. I’m definitely going to have to make the time to set that up! Thanks for the information! 🙂

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    May 4, 2018 at 1:56 PM

I LOVE book bub!! I have spent WAY too much money there….

May 4, 2018 at 1:57 PM

Hehehee. Authors love that. Gotta get you the free stuff.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 4, 2018 at 1:59 PM

Free is DEFINITELY good!! But, I also have trouble saying no to those books that are only a dollar or two!

May 4, 2018 at 2:06 PM

that’s fair… sounds like you need to think about it in terms of ‘if I buy this book, how many less drinks should I have?’ LOL

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 4, 2018 at 2:10 PM

Ha ha ha!!! It’s probably the drinks that LEAD me to buy the books!!! I should ask myself “If I didn’t have those drinks…would I be buying this?? And If I buy this…will I EVER HAVE TIME TO READ IT?!” I’ve probably read about 2% of the books I’ve purchased on book bub. Not because their BAD. Just because every day there’s MORE OF THEM!

May 4, 2018 at 2:11 PM

I don’t think we can ever catch up. It’s just too many good things and not enough time…

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        May 4, 2018 at 2:41 PM

I hear that!!!

mrsnnnlight said:
    May 5, 2018 at 9:20 AM

As an author, this is a must join! It’s pretty easy to maintain and keep up. As a book reviewer, it’s a must join as well. Not only can you keep track of all your favorite authors, you can also post book reviews on it.

May 10, 2018 at 11:28 AM

I am on Bookbub, but I don’t use it really. I guess just because I can’t keep up with everything, but I think it was Mrs N that suggested it when Amazon blacklisted me. Are you on librarything.com yet? That’s about the only other site I’ve been using lately. 🙂

May 10, 2018 at 5:25 PM

I signed up for it but haven’t done anything. Don’t know why. I should! Amazon is cruel. You deserve to be on there.