Reads & Reels: What a Team!

When I published my second book, I knew I needed help with marketing and promotions so that I could reach a wider readership and meet new bloggers and friends. Over the last few months, I’ve seen some of the fantastic books promoted on the Reads & Reels (R&R) Book Tours platform and felt excited at how well received and supported they’ve been. I am thrilled R&R was interested in helping with Father Figure and couldn’t be more grateful for the very reasonably-priced, custom package the team created with a Book Blitz and a Blog Tour to support the launch. Although we’ve only completed one part so far, and the other is scheduled for early next month, I can already see the extended reach this marvelous team has provided. I wanted to share my appreciation and let everyone else know about them!

IMG_20170924_104325_860

I worked directly with Shannon (cute likeness above, right?!?!), who runs her own blog (Reads & Reels) in addition to the R&R Book Tours platform; she was instrumental in my novel’s initial launch period’s success, and I am quite grateful — especially for the central banner her team created for Father Figure. It had the perfect air of mystery, dreamlike lure, and sharp graphics. For most of last week, everywhere I turned, I saw promotions for my book between social media, the R&R blog and website, and tons of other readers’ sites and platforms. It truly was a blitz! Their attention to detail, advice, efficiency and love of books clearly shines through… and knowing the week just happened to be at the same time as Shannon’s wedding, honeymoon and re-location, it’s astonishing how well-coordinated everything was! Kudos to Reads & Reels for creating such an amazing opportunity for authors to partner with for advertising their upcoming books, finding interested reviewers, and generating new leads and readers.

FIVE STARS to R&R Book Tours for providing amazing support, great value, quick turn-around times, and brilliant ideas. Thank you for everything on last week’s Book Blitz. I can’t wait to see the Blog Tour next month… but until then, read on to hear more about them…

Reads & Reels Logo

There are two fantastic ways that you can be part of the R&R platform: (a) author and (b) reader. If you have your own books you want to promote, I encourage you to reach out to R&R to discuss options, costs, and schedules. Or, if you’re an avid reader who wants to get more involved in the book blogging and reviewing world, join their newsletter and follow their site to see all the upcoming tours. You might just get a free book and access to talk directly to an author you’ve been following. See all the important links below.

***

Reads & Reels Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reads.reels/

R&RButton500x500 (2).jpg

29 thoughts on “Reads & Reels: What a Team!

Beware Of The Reader said:
    May 12, 2018 at 11:20 AM

I so love how you give back Jay! And yes it’s very easy to work with Shannon 😉 Kudos to her!

May 12, 2018 at 11:24 AM

I am nothing without the friends, readers, and supporters. Sometimes I like to wait a bit until it’s slower before I highlight or thank someone, just so it’s not all too much for people reading the posts at once, but I keep a list and get to it within a few weeks to keep the momentum going.

I also just love promoting great services when I’ve experienced it myself. In the book world, it’s easy. It’s been an overwhelmingly positive and supportive group to me.

xoxo

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    May 12, 2018 at 12:01 PM

Thanks for pointing out a new way to get on blog tours!! 💖💖

tylerus said:
    May 12, 2018 at 12:44 PM

Thank you for sharing . . . I’ll accept all the help I can get . . . LOL. Take care!

I love Reads and Reels!

E. Michael Helms, writer said:
    May 12, 2018 at 12:59 PM

I agree that writers, readers, and bloggers should work together for the good of all. The days of being a J. D. Salinger copycat are past. 🙂
    –MIchael

Dani☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ said:
    May 12, 2018 at 1:55 PM

I just love Shannanigans!!!!💖💖💖 Great Post, Jay!😀😚

May 12, 2018 at 2:36 PM

Like they used to say on the old, old TV show, “Laugh In” Verrrry In ten es ting!

theorangutanlibrarian said:
    May 12, 2018 at 3:42 PM

Shannon is awesome! 🙂

anne leueen said:
    May 12, 2018 at 7:42 PM

I love how there are businesses like this using the tools of communication we have today to get the word out there.

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    May 12, 2018 at 10:06 PM

Love how you’re giving credit where credit is due, sir. Well done. And she’s definitely awesome! Didn’t know there a payed service involved in all this though. 😮 Is that something common?

May 13, 2018 at 11:24 AM

There are quite a few bloggers who do this. I know several. Shannon was the first one I met. I did my tour on my own the first time, but this reaches a new set of people, too.

The Cozy Pages said:
    May 12, 2018 at 10:30 PM

It was a blitz indeed! A good one. 😉

anjalisk96 said:
    May 13, 2018 at 8:48 AM

Oh wow you have published a book? That’s so cool! I have this book in the making actually. It still needs a lot of work but once it’s completed I was wondering how do I actually get it into publishing or improve it for the same? I hope you can help! Also really cool blog going on here! I have made sure to follow to read more!

May 13, 2018 at 9:07 AM

Hi. Yes, two so far. Congratulations on your upcoming book. It’s wonderful to see it all come together. Good luck. Thanks for stopping by. As for getting it published, there are lots of good sites out there and bloggers who focus on how to help writers get published. I’d search for some of those blogs as a starter. https://www.thecreativepenn.com/ is a good site I’ve used before, too.

robbiesinspiration said:
    May 13, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Thank you for letting us know about this team, Jay. Very helpful.

Reads & Reels said:
    May 14, 2018 at 6:44 AM

I wish there was a “Love” button! Such an AMAZING endorsement Jay and it means the world coming from you. It had been such a pleasure working with you and I just know you’re tour is going to be even more successful! I’m honored to share your work with the world and I can’t wait for the next one!

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and also for making this blitz such a hit! 😗😗😗

Reads & Reels said:
    May 14, 2018 at 6:46 AM

Reblogged this on Reads & Reels and commented:
    I can’t tell you how honored and special I felt when I read this. Not only is Jay a wonderful and talented author, he’s a great friend! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Darque Dreamer Reads said:
    May 16, 2018 at 5:48 PM

Absolutely love working with Shannon and Reads & Reels!