June TBR

In the hopes I can control my all-too-frequent impulse purchases and agreements to read new books, I started a new monthly segment on my blog where I list all the books I will read in the upcoming month. I hope that having something written, where I can be held accountable, helps me keep from increasing the TBR until I clear off many books I already want to read. I am going to plan 8 books each month, which is in-line with my 2018 Goodreads challenge to read in total 104 books (two per week). I’ve left some room to add anything in case I win an ARC or have a due date for an unplanned read. That said, let’s dive into next month’s planned reads…

May 2018TBR

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My novels, Watching Glass Shatter and Father Figure, can be purchased on Amazon as electronic copies or physical copies. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll find the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge – words and humor. You can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

62 thoughts on “June TBR

TheGirlOnTheGo said:
    June 4, 2018 at 10:40 AM

Woww your TBR looks intriguing!

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    June 4, 2018 at 11:07 AM

I’m excited to check out your thoughts on some of these!! Connecticut corpse caper sounds good!!
    Also, WELCOME BACK!! 🎉🎉🍻💖 … If you’re back. Lol!

bettylouise31 said:
    June 4, 2018 at 11:12 AM

I have Read a couple of the books 📚 Enjoy your books.😱😉

June 4, 2018 at 11:40 AM

Thank you. Hope you are well. Trying to get back to cozies for July!

bettylouise31 said:
        June 4, 2018 at 1:21 PM

I have good days on poor days I read a lot. Thank you for asking. I went wild on NetGalley and somehow e fed with 14 ARC’S to this summer. Most are cozies.

June 4, 2018 at 1:29 PM

Those will keep you busy. It can be a fun feeling to get all those books at once and then choose what you want to read. I wish for more good than bad days for you.

bettylouise31 said:
        June 4, 2018 at 1:37 PM

It is fun to know my summer reading is here. I try to read according to publication dates. I keep a list and add 3 months on my blog.

tahenryauthoress said:
    June 4, 2018 at 11:14 AM

Welcome home!!

CJR The Brit said:
    June 4, 2018 at 1:41 PM

It’s really good to have a plan! Hope your reading month is fab ❤

June 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM

Thanks! I tried to keep it a bit shorter so I can catch up on blogs, too. Being away for 3 weeks makes me feel lost!

June TBR – Angie Dokos said:
    June 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM

[…] via June TBR […]

The Cozy Pages said:
    June 4, 2018 at 1:51 PM

Nice line up. You may have to add Erin’s new book to your TBR for this month 🙂🙂🙂

Get Outlook for iOS
    ________________________________

June 4, 2018 at 2:04 PM

I know! I just downloaded it. I have 12 to read in June, then I truly only have 5 left on my shelf to read from other commitments. I’ll be to ‘0’ MUST Reads by early July. I can’t wait. This will be in early July, tho! Are you caught up on the series? I haven’t read any blogs or reviews in the 3 weeks I was gone!

The Cozy Pages said:
        June 4, 2018 at 2:09 PM

Yup. I caught up in May. Just posted the book 5 review yesterday. Will be getting to 6 real soon. Lol. I’m so happy to have found this series.

June 4, 2018 at 2:11 PM

I’m so glad it worked out! I will get to the review soon… looking forward to being caught up with you now on it.

The Cozy Pages said:
        June 4, 2018 at 7:56 PM

Be careful… I might go marching ahead 😉

June 5, 2018 at 5:41 AM

You will probably get ahead if you read it in June… uh oh!

The Cozy Pages said:
        June 5, 2018 at 7:25 AM

😄😊

Phantom Paper said:
    June 4, 2018 at 2:23 PM

Welcome back, Jay! The Italy trip seemed to have passed by so quick!

I know you like cosy mysteries, might I recommend the Lane Winslow mysteries? I came across their ARC marketing in the Shelf Awareness Pro newsletter and thought this may be more up your alley than mine 😀 Although, it’s not like you need ANY MORE books in your TBR 😛

Jina Bazzar said:
    June 4, 2018 at 3:42 PM

that’s a scary tbr list for such a short time.
    welcome back. Hope you had lots of fun.

Lashaan (Bookidote) said:
    June 4, 2018 at 7:02 PM

So close to the end of Sue Grafton’s series! Excited?? Ready to panic as the end approaches?! 🙂

June 5, 2018 at 5:40 AM

I am a bit concerned. I really enjoyed ‘X’ and knowing ‘Y’ is the last one is a bit worrisome.

Leafさんの夢が。。。 said:
    June 4, 2018 at 7:53 PM

It always impresses me by how much you manage to read, review, blog, and on top of that, write a book! ^^

dtills said:
    June 4, 2018 at 11:05 PM

Devil’s food cake murder!! Sounds delicious😉

bookwormscornerblogspot said:
    June 5, 2018 at 4:20 AM

Good plan! I really need to organise these things a little better.

June 5, 2018 at 5:43 AM

It’s helpful and not helpful. Sometimes I just want to go to the bookstore and pick out a random!

I can’t wait to hear what you think of The Lake House and Aggravated Momentum.😊

Cozynookbks said:
    June 5, 2018 at 9:11 AM

Welcome back!! 😊

June 5, 2018 at 10:03 AM

Thank you. I hope you are well!

Cozynookbks said:
        June 5, 2018 at 11:34 AM

Thank you. I’m doing okay. I hope you’ve fully recovered from your bug. And congrats, once again, on the new book. I have it. 😊

June 5, 2018 at 11:36 AM

Yes, fully recovered. I was lucky to find a good doctor and get an anti-biotic so I only lost 1 day on the trip. 🙂

Thank you. It has a few similar type scenes as the first book, so no pressure at all to read it!

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
    June 5, 2018 at 1:54 PM

Busy reader! You have some excellent titles here 😍😍

overthehillontheyellowbrickroad said:
    June 5, 2018 at 3:11 PM

HI James, I hope you won’t mind if I ask you a question. I’ve been following your blog for the past year and I know you’ve been following mine. Several weeks ago, I self-published a book based on about thirty of my blog posts. Now I’ve entered the world of self-published authors. Having said this, and knowing my writing style, can you suggest a first step I might take re: having my book reviewed? It’s already in bookstores locally and is selling on amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com. Any words of advice will be most appreciated. I’d ask you to review my book as well, though I see you’re on overload at the moment. 🙂 Warm regards, Cathi

carhicks said:
    June 5, 2018 at 8:08 PM

Even while on vacation, you got a lot of books read. I hope you are all healthy again and ready to jump back into your normal life. It is always so hard getting back in the swing of things after a great trip, It looks like you have your month’s reading planned out. Welcome back.

June 5, 2018 at 9:10 PM

I did enjoy the whole trip. Read only at night before bed or on trains!

How are you?

I’m excited for the June reads, too!

carhicks said:
        June 7, 2018 at 9:30 AM

I am doing good. Very busy with yard, pool, grandkids so my reading time is cut down a bit, but that’s okay.

June 8, 2018 at 8:23 AM

But those are all fantastic things to keep you busy, too!

carhicks said:
        June 9, 2018 at 1:30 PM

True and I love getting outside and getting sunshine. I think I might have a bit of seasonal affective disorder. When I am outside I feel so much better with more energy. That is why I go to Florida in the winter.

June 11, 2018 at 10:12 PM

This is a really good idea! I need to do something like it to keep on schedule, but I’ve become such a mood reader it’s nearly impossible.

Good luck with all your June reads. Hope you love them all. 💙 Looking forward to summer!

June 12, 2018 at 6:22 AM

I know what you mean. I have a few books on the shelf to read in July but I am not buying or accepting any ARCs so that I can freely choose for a few months too. I’m looking forward to the flexibility.

Good luck to you too. 🙂 it will be fun to see what you choose. I’ve been offline the last few weeks but need to spend more time catching up.