Day: June 22, 2018
It’s finally here! I’m super excited to reveal the amazing cover Claire Ayres has chosen for her debut novel in the ‘Musician’s Hope’ contemporary romance series. I read a few versions of this book during the beta reading phase, and I’ve recently finished a version prior to the final proofreading copy. I can’t wait for her to share her book with everyone. For now, you get the privilege of seeing the beautiful cover during today’s first preview, then read on to hear what the story’s all about!
My Top 5 Thoughts on the Cover
- How lucky did she get finding a cover that captures the entire story all in one haunting image? Oh wait, you haven’t read it, yet… but I have… and I am certain this is perfect! Hopefully this lights a fire for you to get a copy ASAP.
- Dark colors are so intriguing. It doesn’t always mean evil… it can be a psychological darkness like depression hovering about one of the characters. How does she get through it all?
- Playing an instrument can mean so many things… from the strings of our heart being fiddled with to the angles in which you hold your most beloved things… possessions… people…
- What do you suppose that is in the background, a mirror? A reflection of what we want in life versus what we actually get or think that we’ve gotten? Perhaps that’s a key point in the book…
- We cannot see her face, only his. I wonder what that might mean… Is she hidden or closed off? Maybe he is, too, but more willing to take a chance. Or is she in control waiting to accept what’s right before her?
Cellist, Luka, has moved to Bristol to start a new job and recover from the betrayal of finding his best friend and his girlfriend in bed together. He doesn’t plan on the emotional thunderstorm that meeting his next-door neighbour Jess causes.
Jess had everything, a man she loved, friends she adored and then the world crashed around her. Depression came from nowhere and slowly started ripping her life away. Now she lives a lonely, sad life but the music which she keeps hearing next door is waking her up and she doesn’t know why.
Join Luka and Jess as they discover life after heartache, how to forgive and how to live and love again.
*Entrapped is an 18+ Contemporary Romance with several graphic sex scenes*
About the author
Claire lives in Bristol, UK and has taken her inspiration from the people and the places she has seen over the years. She always has a book close at hand and devours Fantasy and Romance like some devour chocolate! Claire loves a happily ever after followed by lots of bloody sword-fighting and dangerous dragons! But when writing her debut novel Entrapped drew on her childhood ambition to be a musician and one of the instruments she played and still loves as a centre-point.
Claire is also a passionate mental health advocate who lives with bipolar disorder and has done regular radio interviews and even some TV. She is also a huge heavy metal fan and can regularly be found banging her head at a concert or festival.