Book 3 – Top Secret Hints About My Next Project

A few weeks ago, I mentioned in my post, The Writing Race is On, that I’d started drafting two new books because I couldn’t decide which plot to focus on. After a few weeks of back and forth scribblings, I’ve finally made a decision… and I am super excited to start sharing a bunch of hints with everyone. Today I’m dropping a ton of news about the book, including the genre, setting, main character, publication schedule, and key themes the novel will cover. While you’ll learn a lot today, I promise there are tons of surprises in store over the next few weeks, including a title reveal, a cover reveal, details about the characters and setting, giveaways, pre-orders and a whole lot more. I’d love to hear all your feedback and I might even answer a few questions if you’re brave or curious enough to ask. I’ll also be on the lookout for a few beta readers in this sub-genre and some early ARC recipients this fall. Let’s take our first preview together…

Book 3

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My novels, Watching Glass Shatter and Father Figure, can be purchased on Amazon as electronic copies or physical copies. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. And now I blog A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll find the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge – words and humor. You can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

96 thoughts on “Book 3 – Top Secret Hints About My Next Project

shalini said:
    July 24, 2018 at 7:15 AM

How and why did you choose this genre?
    Was I ever your muse or inspiration?
    Am I a character in your book?
    Are the characters black or grey?
    Is there a murder in it
    LASTLY AM I YOUR BETA READER?

July 24, 2018 at 7:19 AM

Good morning / evening! Ah, love your questions… let’s see:

1. I chose the genre because it’s the one I most often read, yet I’ve never written a book in it. I’m curious to see how I do!

2. You’re always a muse. I shall not say what for!

3. There may or may not be someone based on you in this book (series…)!

4. The characters are definitely a mix of both black, white, and grey. There will be a few bad villains, a couple of always good guys/girls, and some you will need to patient to figure out.

5. There are definitely murders happening this time around!

6. You’re an immediate yes for beta reader anytime you want!

The Cozy Pages said:
      July 24, 2018 at 1:47 PM

Oh Shalini, I suspect you are a muse for many…. 😉

Didi Oviatt - Author said:
    July 24, 2018 at 10:07 AM

A mystery!?!?! *jaw drops* I’m so excited!

booksandstuff431 said:
    July 24, 2018 at 12:00 PM

Yay! I look forward to it, very exciting. I did read your other two books already 🙂 Watching Glass Shatter is my fave so far.

July 24, 2018 at 8:33 PM

Hi. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I love the characters in Glass more, but I am fond of the drama / story in FF. It’s so difficult to choose. 🙂

E. Michael Helms, writer said:
    July 24, 2018 at 12:08 PM

Welcome to the world of mystery, Jay! 🙂
    –Michael

July 24, 2018 at 12:20 PM

Oh Mystery I can’t wait to see what you do with this genre!! As you know I will help in whatever way I can.

rugby843 said:
    July 24, 2018 at 12:43 PM

So happy you are doing well, and SO busy! Congrats on a new book being written!☺️

July 24, 2018 at 8:35 PM

Thank you. How have you been? I’ve been so remiss lately on catching up on your blog. 😦

Yes! Mystery is one of my favorite genres!😁

The Cozy Pages said:
    July 24, 2018 at 1:48 PM

I just noticed the baseball icon… does one of the main characters play?

robbiesinspiration said:
    July 24, 2018 at 2:15 PM

Book 3 sounds very exciting, Jay. I got your message but it didn’t include your email address. Please email me on sirchoc@outlook.com

Mary Deal said:
    July 24, 2018 at 3:21 PM

Wow! You’ve got the first draft nearly complete, which means there could be rewrites, and you expect publication in the Fall? Are you a robot?

July 24, 2018 at 8:41 PM

I might be! I outlined it recently, but I’m pushing myself to write 2 chapters per day, so I need 15 days based on a 30 chapter book.

I can’t wait to share it. How’s your newest romance book doing??? So exciting!

Mary Deal said:
        July 25, 2018 at 11:44 AM

Strange that I thought a change from mysteries would bring new readers. My romance novel, Sea Cliff, is going no where. I don’t understand that either because romance novels are hot. I’m promoting everywhere but am feeling stumped. It’s just received two great reviews but that doesn’t seem to help. It’s off to a slow start, sadly.

July 25, 2018 at 1:15 PM

How odd. I’m not sure. I will pick it up in a few months when I slow down. I’m not a romance reader but I can promote it on my blog. Lots of followers who do.

Mary Deal said:
        July 25, 2018 at 1:51 PM

Perhaps it’s not a true romance, boy meets girl meets boy and falls in love after problems solved. It’s so much more than that. It’s…. Memories of childhood abuse keep Rachael Connor from allowing a man into her life. Meeting Matthew turns her life upside-down. It’s a psychological story.

anne leueen said:
    July 24, 2018 at 9:42 PM

Main character: ” a film director……single…..” Well I’ve known a couple of those. Lots of room for an interesting character there!

Mary Deal said:
    July 25, 2018 at 11:45 AM

I’ve written a short story about a film director. Lots of potential with a character like that.

Jessica Rachow said:
    July 26, 2018 at 1:51 PM

YES, Mystery! So excited for you. Sorry it took me a couple days to comment, life has been a bit hectic. You already know this, but whatever you need, I’m here to help! ❤

carhicks said:
    July 27, 2018 at 6:32 PM

Looks very intriguing. I will keep watching for it.

July 27, 2018 at 6:52 PM

I would love your thoughts on it since it’s in the cozy realm! 🙂

Cozynookbks said:
    July 27, 2018 at 11:26 PM

So excited about this Jay! ☺️ If I wasn’t so backed up in my reading I’d volunteer to be a beta reader if you’d have me, but alas I’ve bitten off more than I can chew already. 😔 Well….at least I can look out for its release in the Fall and support it that way. 😊

[…] words are dedicated to James J Cudney the fourth, my first friend on […]

July 28, 2018 at 1:08 PM

Bring it on!

notsomoderngirl said:
    July 30, 2018 at 6:26 PM

Great post, this sounds really interesting, can’t wait to seen what you come up with 🙂

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    July 31, 2018 at 9:35 AM

I LOVE that it’s going to be a mystery!! I’m kind of surprised by the baseball (I didn’t know that 80 year old women knew much about the sport! 😉) I am so excited!! 💖💖😍

July 31, 2018 at 11:27 AM

Baseball and mystery – Yay! Two of my most favorite things! Can’t wait. I like the name Kellan too.

Ann Marie Bryant said:
    August 1, 2018 at 5:46 PM

I am so excited for you! I miss writing for fun…I am behind on my blog…an a writing project…too many summer classes and too much work this summer.

August 2, 2018 at 7:07 AM

I hope it works out! Thank you. 🙂 Good luck with blogging, too. I totally understand your position!

Jenn @ Bound to Writing said:
    August 2, 2018 at 6:32 PM

This is so exciting! I love mysteries! And one of my favorite names is Kellan which is not a name I’ve ever read before which is pretty awesome! I can’t wait to learn more about this one! I’d love to help in any way that I can! 🙂

August 2, 2018 at 8:24 PM

Thank you so much! After I get some feedback next week and revise I will reach out to see if you want an early check on it before it is published.

melaniemolewriter said:
    August 3, 2018 at 3:30 AM

Sounds brilliant J. I can’t wait to read it!

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    August 5, 2018 at 10:06 AM

Fall publication?? I can’t wait!! 💖💖 I feel like it’s time to post my review of “Father Figure” now!!! I felt so bad waiting so long, but I didn’t want to get in the way of the blog tour and then I didn’t want it to get lost in the 5 reviews a week I was doing (because I’m crazy!) so, I think this is it! Get people hyped up for your upcoming release!! I KNOW I’M HYPED!! 💖💖

August 5, 2018 at 6:38 PM

I’m so excited to see the review. And appreciative. Thank you! Whenever you want to post is totally okay!

You’re not crazy. You’re just a readaholic which is a good thing.

Yes, I’m getting some feedback on book 3 this week by going for a 10/1 launch.

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        August 5, 2018 at 6:42 PM

Yay! I’d say “I can’t wait what people have to say about it”… But, I know that it’s going to be AMAZING since you’re so absolutely talented!! 😍😊

August 5, 2018 at 11:26 PM

How much do I owe you for saying that!!!!! 🙂

thebookwormdrinketh said:
        August 5, 2018 at 11:33 PM

Ha ha! You know I only speak the truth!…. Usually to a fault! 😂😂

[…] last week’s post, Top Secret Hints About My Next Book, I revealed a few fun facts about my upcoming third book. Today, I am going to reveal the […]