Author Spotlight: Robbie Cheadle (Winner for our Children’s Book Readathon)

As part of our upcoming Children’s Book Readathon, we have a few fantastic authors and bloggers who are participating in the final week. Today I am highlighting a wonderful writing duo that I came across about a year ago. And the best part, Robbie and Michael Cheadle will be offering a FREE copy of one of their latest books as part of our Readathon the week of 8/24. More to come in the next week about how to get a copy. Let’s dive in to a fun overview about this adorable family of authors, illustrators, and chefs…

About Robbie and Michael Cheadle

Robbie Cheadle was born in London in the United Kingdom. Her father died when she was three months old and her mother immigrated to South Africa with her tiny baby girl. Robbie has lived in Johannesburg, George and Cape Town in South Africa and attended fourteen different schools. This gave her lots of opportunities to meet new people and learn lots of social skills as she was frequently “the new girl”.

Robbie is a qualified Chartered Accountant and specialises in corporate finance with a specific interest in listed entities and stock markets. Robbie has written a number of publications on listing equities and debt instruments in Africa and foreign direct investment into Africa.

Robbie is married to Terence Cheadle and they have two lovely boys, Gregory and Michael. Michael (aged 11) is the co-author of the Sir Chocolate series of books and attends school in Johannesburg. Gregory (aged 14) is an avid reader and assists Robbie and Michael with filming and editing their YouTube videos and editing their books. Robbie is also the author of the new Silly Willy series the first of which, Silly Willy goes to Cape Town, is now available. (See More Below)

Robbie and Michael Cheadle’s books

All the Sir Chocolate books are currently available in hard copy and as ebooks and range from 2 to 9 years depending on the format:

• A5 format for children aged 6 to 9 years
  • Square format for younger children aged 2 to 5 years

Aren’t these adorable covers and book art?

Sir Chocolate and the strawberry cream berries story and cookbook:

Sir Chocolate and Lady Sweet live in Chocolate land where you can eat absolutely everything. Join them on a fantastic adventure to find the amazing strawberry cream berry and learn how to make some of their scrumptious recipes at the same time.

Sir Chocolate and the baby cookie monster story and cookbook:

Sir Chocolate and Lady Sweet find a lost baby cookie monster. Join them on an adventure to return the baby to its mother and learn how to make some of their delicious recipes at the same time.

Sir Chocolate and the sugar dough bees story and cookbook:

A greedy snail damages the flower fields and the fondant bees are in danger of starving. Join Sir Chocolate on an adventure to find the fruit drop fairies who have magic healing powers and discover how to make some of his favourite foods on the way.

Sir Chocolate and the condensed milk river story and cookbook:

The Condensed Milk River where Sir Chocolate goes fishing has stopped flowing. The water creatures are losing their homes. Can Sir Chocolate and Lady Sweet solve this problem? Includes five lovely new recipes.

Sir Chocolate and the sugar crystal caves story and cookbook:

Sir Chocolate and Lady Sweet journey to the sugar crystal caves to collect the sugar water they need to make their soda pop. To get to the Chocolate Chip Hills they must cross the Chocolate Mousse Swamp infested with alligator sours and a meringue ghost. When they arrive, they discover that the sugar crystals are melting, and something needs to be done to save them. Learn how to make some four fun creations out of biscuits and the sugar crystals too.

***

Silly Willy goes to Cape Town:

When the George family go on holiday to Cape Town, Cautious Craig cannot believe what he has to endure at the hands of his naughty and wilful younger brother, Silly Willy. Willy throws tantrums at the most embarrassing and inappropriate times, causes a commotion on the aeroplane and tries to steal a chameleon from Butterfly World. What is a poor older brother expected to do in these situations?

capetwon.jpg

Coming in 2018

What was it like for children growing up in rural Suffolk during World War II?

coming.jpg

Elsie and her family live in a small double story cottage in Bungay, Suffolk. Every night she lies awake listening anxiously for the sound of the German bomber planes. Often they come and the air raid siren sounds signaling that the family must leave their beds and venture out to the air raid shelter in the garden.

Despite, the war raging across the English channel, daily life must continue with its highlights, such as Christmas and the traditional Boxing Day fox hunt, and its scary moments when Elsie learns the stories of Jack Frost and the ghostly and terrifying Black Shuck that haunts the coastline and countryside of East Anglia.

Includes some authentic WWII recipes.

Follow Robbie Cheadle @

Blog: https://bakeandwrite.co.za/

Blog: robbiesinspiration.wordpress.com

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15584446.Robbie_Cheadle

Google+: https://plus.google.com/105609586198905397891

Facebook: @SirChocolateBooks

Twitter: @bakeandwrite

robbie

Purchase Robbie and Michael Cheadle’s Books from…

Amazon

OR

TSL Books

What’s up next on Robbie’s Children’s Books Readathon?

A story entitled “Chocolate Delight and the sugar dog” will be shared on the blog next week! Stay tuned for the sneak preview and release of this adorable story!

dog.jpg

About Me
I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS.  My second novel, Father Figure, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/FatherFigure.

Beyond these two books, I have a number of short stories, poems and other novels in various shapes and forms. I also read A LOT. First the book review goes on Goodreads, and then I send it on over to my WordPress blog at https://thisismytruthnow.com, where you’ll also find TV & Film reviews, Tags, Awards, Age/Genre/Book Reads and Author Spotlights, as well as the revealing and introspective 365 Daily Challenge.

You can also access my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Vote in the poll and ratings. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.

51 thoughts on “Author Spotlight: Robbie Cheadle (Winner for our Children’s Book Readathon)

shalini said:
    August 3, 2018 at 5:34 AM

Lovely post. I would love to read her book. I am getting to that stage where I am reading children’s books and I hope to present a book a month to my niece as she grows up…. Well there goes my book budget, my niece likes physical books

robbiecheadle said:
    August 3, 2018 at 1:06 PM

Thank you, Jay, for this lovely post about Michael and my Sir Chocolate book series. We are looking forward to sharing our book reviews this month.

August 4, 2018 at 8:42 AM

You are welcome. I’m excited to have you both on the blog and in the readathon!

[…] Carry on reading here: https://thisismytruthnow.com/2018/08/03/author-spotlight-robbie-cheadle-winner-for-our-childrens-boo… […]

olganm said:
    August 3, 2018 at 1:48 PM

I follow Robbie’s blog and love her stories, cakes, recipes and reviews. Great idea! Good luck to all the participants!

Kip Walkin said:
    August 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM

Really don’t know how I missed so many of your posts. Probably a twitch in my system. Great post you got here though.👍

August 4, 2018 at 8:44 AM

Thank you! No worries. It happens. I’ve been offline a lot lately, so I missed too much. Hope you are well.

Kip Walkin said:
        August 4, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Yes James, I’m doing good. Hope you are too? We all appreciate the great job you are doing with your blog.

August 5, 2018 at 10:47 AM

Thank you. All is well. Busy but great.

Kip Walkin said:
        August 5, 2018 at 2:15 PM

Busy is good. Productively especially. Keep it going man. Best regards!👍

Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life. said:
    August 4, 2018 at 4:37 AM

Reblogged this on Smorgasbord – Variety is the spice of life and commented:
    James Cudney is holding a children’s Readathon at the end of August and he is showcasing some of the authors who will be involved. And today he features Robbie and Michael Cheadle with the Sir Chocolate series of stories and cookbooks. It looks like it is going to be a terrific event.

Ritu said:
    August 4, 2018 at 5:58 AM

Robbie is such a talented baker/writer and a wonderful person to top it off! I loe how she involves all her family in her creativity!

August 4, 2018 at 8:45 AM

She is pretty amazing. I can’t wait to share most posts on her this month.

Ritu said:
        August 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM

Look forward to that!

robbiecheadle said:
      August 5, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Thank you, Ritu. Michael helped me bake the scones for international scone week today. We had a lot of fun.

balroop2013 said:
    August 4, 2018 at 11:46 AM

I love Robbie for her amazing creativity and poetry that she shares at her blog. Thanks for highlighting her skills.

August 4, 2018 at 8:55 PM

What an interesting history and who doesn’t love chocolate? Looking forward to reading this one.

The Cozy Pages said:
    August 4, 2018 at 9:20 PM

What a delightful pair and what cute books! Hopefully I’ll be able to fit this in at the end of the month.

Dani☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆ said:
    August 4, 2018 at 11:28 PM

Great Post!😁 Love Robbie!❤🤩

Marje @ Kyrosmagica said:
    August 5, 2018 at 3:07 AM

What a lovely idea and so great to see Robbie here. A very talented mother and son team. I’m sharing this to Twitter and FB Authors/Bloggers Rainbow Support Club.

August 5, 2018 at 10:49 AM

Thank you. She’s great! I can wait to see what her sons have come up with when I read the books next week.

robbiecheadle said:
      August 5, 2018 at 1:07 PM

Thank you for the wonderful support, Marje

thebookwormdrinketh said:
    August 5, 2018 at 10:02 AM

Congratulations, Robbie!! I can’t wait to read “while the bombs fell”!! 💖💖 I may have to look into joining this read-a-thon, as well! 😘

carhicks said:
    August 5, 2018 at 12:57 PM

This was very interesting and informative. I enjoyed learning about Robbie and her life, she has had quite an interesting one. I am now following. Thanks for sharing this Jay.

jjspina said:
    August 11, 2018 at 8:40 PM

It’s nice to see Robbie Cheadle showcased here. She is a talented writer and baker. I’m sure the readathon will be fantastic. Happy Reading! 😆

[…] extraordinary books she co-writes and co-designs with her children. Check out previous posts on her author spotlight and latest short story. Today, we’re in for a special treat as Robbie shares with us some […]