Cozy Mystery Series Readathon (Nov 2018) — Who’s Reading? Let me know…

Quote Posted on

Hi. I’m putting together the list of readers. Can you respond to this post and let me know which books you reading? I’ll update the page with all the blogs to look for in the future. Thanks!

***

The voters have spoken… our winning book series to read in November 2018 is the Renaissance Faire cozy mysteries by Joyce and Jim Lavene. Many thanks to everyone who participated in the last month to choose the category for the readathon, the authors and books series to vote on, and the suggestions to make this as fun as it will be. Since there are 8 books in the series, we cannot easily read them all in one month. We probably could, but there are many of us with other ARCs or pre-scheduled reads, so I think we should do 50%… essentially the first 4 books. Below is our schedule and the books:

In order, they are:

1. Wicked Weaves
  2. Ghastly Glass
  3. Deadly Daggers
  4. Harrowing Hats

Given how busy everyone is, let’s just focus on getting them all read and reviewed in the month of November 2018. Read 1, 2, 3, or 4 books — however much time you have available. Our tentative schedule to post each review is:

1. Wicked Weaves – Due 11/9
  2. Ghastly Glass – Due 11/16
  3.  Deadly Daggers – Due 11/23
  4. Harrowing Hats – Due 11/30

I’ll create the new pages and links throughout the next couple of weeks. For now, buy them or order them from your local library. If you have them already – awesome. I can’t wait to get started!

***

Based on last month’s poll, you voted to combine two of the options into a single approach for our November 2018 Readathon. The winner is: “Cozy Mystery Series.” Many thanks to all the voters and promoters for the readathon. I’m very excited to choose a series with 4 or 5 books that we can read all throughout November and post our reviews. Some of the suggestions may have more than 5, but we will only read the first 5. A few have less than 5, so we will just read 3 or 4 depending on what wins. I’ve also chosen authors I’ve never read before but have on my TBR.

November 2018 - Choose 4 Books to Read & Review (1)

You can choose your top 3 series to read.  The poll is open today through 10/12 (one full week). On 10/13, I’ll announce the book series with the most votes. We’ll have three weeks to buy or borrow the books and set the reading and review schedule. Links to the Goodreads description of the fist book are below the poll to help you choose.

Descriptions of Books

Daryl Wood Gerber – Cookbook Nook

Eva Gates – Lighthouse Library

Betty Webb – Gunn Zoo

Leslie Budewitz – A Spice Shop

Kelly Lane – Olive Grove

Laura Childs – Scrapbooking

34 thoughts on “Cozy Mystery Series Readathon (Nov 2018) — Who’s Reading? Let me know…

Valerie @ Valerie's Musings said:
    October 21, 2018 at 6:44 PM

I plan on reading along!! 🙂 🙂 I love that series. 🙂

October 21, 2018 at 6:51 PM

I plan on reading them all. I have ordered from Amazon and they are on the way!

snowqueensvt said:
    October 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM

Hi all, I’ve just started Murder at Hawthorn Cottage by Betty Rowlands https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/42393606-murder-at-hawthorn-cottage

lghiggins said:
    October 21, 2018 at 7:39 PM

Sounds like fun, but not a chance that I can participate. I am already severely chastising myself for the number of ARC’s I accepted in November–but I’m sure I won’t regret reading them. Enjoy the readathon!

October 21, 2018 at 7:48 PM

I totally understand. I’ve said “no” to everything for months just to catch up. I’ll be there by 12/1 and can’t wait to re-start selecting!

Jaymi at OrangeCountyReaders said:
    October 21, 2018 at 8:33 PM

I’d like to join in too!

AJ said:
    October 21, 2018 at 9:23 PM

Looks like so much fun, but November is a deadly month for me:(

Jennie said:
    October 21, 2018 at 9:40 PM

I dearly wish I could read and participate in this series. Work overload makes this prohibitive. Next time!

October 22, 2018 at 6:53 AM

I understand. Thanks for letting me know. Hope things slow down for you just a bit.

October 21, 2018 at 10:12 PM

I plan on (trying) reading them all. I have gotten the first 3 books from the library and I am waiting on the 4 one to be available.

Martie said:
    October 21, 2018 at 10:16 PM

It amazes me that you have time to write novels since you are such a hard working blogger.

The Cozy Pages said:
    October 21, 2018 at 10:47 PM

Can’t do this one unfortunately. It does looks good…… 🙂

watchingthedaisies said:
    October 22, 2018 at 9:04 AM

I will follow your reviews Jay and read a little later. 🌼

tahenryauthoress said:
    October 22, 2018 at 11:10 AM

Alrighty, I’m in for all four books. Just because I should be writing….procrastination is always such fun with you!

Happy Birthday to The Cozy Pages!!! – The Cozy Pages said:
    October 24, 2018 at 7:49 AM

[…] remember being so shocked that anyone would care to follow or like or even comment on my posts.  Jay, Dani and Jordan were a few of the first people who stopped by and followed.  Their blogs and […]

Patty Magyar said:
    October 24, 2018 at 11:51 AM

My next book will a cozy one…the one I am reading now is the opposite of cozy! I want to read that series, too! Count me in!

Heidi M. Simone said:
    October 24, 2018 at 4:23 PM

I’m not participating in this one, as I’m not a big fan of cozy mysteries, but I hope you have fun! I look forward to your next readathon. 🙂

carhicks said:
    October 25, 2018 at 3:45 PM

I think I already let you know, but I am in. I just realized I already read the first one, but that was back in 2015 so will have to peruse it to remember what it was about.

robertawrites235681907 said:
    October 26, 2018 at 12:13 AM

Hi Jay, I have Harrowing Hats. My boys are writing exams soon so I am only committing to one for now.

October Wrap Up – Orange County Readers said:
    November 1, 2018 at 1:47 PM

[…] Renaissance Faire series by Joyce and Jim Laverne – attempt to read first four books in the series. (Cozy Mysteries) Click here for the details. […]