Indigo Acres Apiary

Today I step away from focusing on books to present the brand new website for my sister’s beekeeping business. Many of you remember Roda from her blogging days throughout the last couple of years. While she’s still very active on social media, her spare time (yeah, right!) has been focused on building an amazing new section on her farm, Indigo Acres, to launch an apiary – a home for bees! I’ve even seen the bee suits!!!

Isn’t it a beautiful logo?

I had the privilege of visiting Roda last fall when she only had two hives in production… now there are too many to count! She’s always painting new ones and preparing the landscape for their arrival. What an awesome place Indigo Acres was, and that was in the fall-turning-winter season when everything was starting to go into hibernation mode. Now, it’s quickly coming out for spring and showing all the brilliance of Roda’s hard working and planning. Check out the site for amazing pictures and videos.

Congratulations to Indigo Acres Apiary on their launch week! If you are interested in purchasing honey or other products, participating in small group hive experiences, or planning a custom package to understand more about saving the bees, creating pollinator gardens, or learning more about caring for these buzzing little creatures, you should definitely check out the site. There are links to all the social media sources so you can connect on various platforms. Start with the site here Indigo Acres Apiary and have your very own magical experience!

44 thoughts on “Indigo Acres Apiary

indigoacresapiary said:
    April 24, 2019 at 8:24 AM

Awwww…Thanks, Little Bro! This fills my heart with joy! Next time you visit, you will be in a bee suit! I am sure your fans would love to see that! (No pressure!!😉) 💚

April 24, 2019 at 8:27 AM

Bee suit? Me? NOOOOOOOO! 🙂 xoxo

Shalini said:
      April 24, 2019 at 9:35 AM

I wouldn’t mind the birthday suit. *crackles like the witch* ah well it was just a thought.
      Roda, congratulations on your venture. This is simply awesome. And I loved, loved, loved the logo.

The Cozy Pages said:
    April 24, 2019 at 9:01 AM

How exciting! Lol.

susandyer1962 said:
    April 24, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Can’t wait to see you in a bee suit!!😂

rugby843 said:
    April 24, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Beautiful, logo, idea and site

Martie said:
    April 24, 2019 at 9:29 AM

All beautiful.

Becky Ross Michael said:
    April 24, 2019 at 11:25 AM

This looks wonderful, and it’s in Michigan, where I grew up and lived for most of my adulthood. In fact, I lived in both Mount Pleasant and Big Rapids, which aren’t all that far from Rockford. If I was still in Michigan, maybe I’d stop in to see the apiary in person. The photos look amazing!

April 24, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Glad to hear it! If you’re ever back there! 🙂 She did a wonderful job. I’ve only been there once, but the state looks great.

Becky Ross Michael said:
        April 24, 2019 at 12:39 PM

It’s a beautiful state. I grew up right near Lake Huron and most recently lived in the Upper Peninsula, near Lake Superior. I miss the lakes every day.

April 24, 2019 at 11:30 AM

I read this with great interest. Everything about the post was cool, especially the logo etc. The beekeepers I know locally have web pages, but nothing as cool as what you showed here in your post. I enjoyed this post a lot.

April 24, 2019 at 12:26 PM

If you love it, you should follow her Instagram or FB page. So many amazing posts on what they’re doing! 🙂

Patty Magyar said:
    April 24, 2019 at 12:02 PM

This is absolutely awesome!

tylerus said:
    April 24, 2019 at 1:59 PM

Absolutely lovely! (And a beautiful setting for a book.) 🙂

Beware Of The Reader said:
    April 24, 2019 at 2:11 PM

I am already following her on the new blog and IG!!

anne leueen said:
    April 24, 2019 at 6:04 PM

I think this is fabulous! With bees being under threat it is heartening to see that your sister is having success with her bee venture!😀

Jacquie Biggar said:
    April 24, 2019 at 6:39 PM

Wow, her home looks lovely! Not sure I could ever wear one of those suits with my claustrophobia, but I appreciate everyone who works to protect our bees ❤

Aislynn d'Merricksson said:
    May 6, 2019 at 4:32 AM

How awesome! And what a lovely logo. I love bees, and would love an apiary. My family is against this idea….

May 6, 2019 at 8:50 AM

They are scary, but Roda can walk them thru it! She almost has me convinced to try the bee suit.

BTW, I am picking up the first book in your series to read the last week of April.

Aislynn d'Merricksson said:
        May 11, 2019 at 5:27 AM

Heehee. You’ll be safe in the bee suit.

… 😑 I’m rewriting it, based on feedback from non family/friends. It needs a lot of work.

May 11, 2019 at 7:58 AM

Did you want me to hold off a bit? Or read it and provide feedback now? I’m okay either way, just want to be sure to read something you’ve written (when you are ready)

tidalscribe said:
    May 10, 2019 at 1:32 PM

I shall go and vist her blog. I love bees, though our relationship only consists of me providing lots of flowers in the garden and enjoying hearing them buzzing around. My Macro photographer friends take some brilliant photographs, close up they look so lovely and furry. Looking after bees is so important.

May 10, 2019 at 4:04 PM

I agree with you, but they are scary! I hope someday to overcome that fear.