I can’t believe I’m almost done editing the fifth book in the Braxton Campus Mystery series. I wrote the initial chapter of the first book exactly one year ago today. An entire year later, I’m five books into the series and collaborating with foreign language translators and audio narrators to deliver new formats in 2020. Who could’ve imagined it would go this far? I’m beyond grateful for everyone’s support. Thank you from my entire heart!

Today, I want to share the plans for the upcoming 5th book, Haunted House Ghost. The theme will focus on Halloween and autumn, my favorite season. To stir up a little excitement, below is the overview of the spooky tale…

Book Overview

It’s Halloween, and excitement is brewing in Braxton to carve jack-o’-lanterns, go on haunted hayrides, and race through the spooky corn maze at the Fall Festival. Despite a former occupant’s fervent warnings, Kellan renovates and moves into a mysterious old house. When a ruthless ghost promises retribution, our fearless professor turns to the eccentric town historian and an eerie psychic known for her explosive predictions, to communicate with the apparition. Construction workers discover a fifty-year-old skeleton after breaking ground on the new Memorial Library wing. Could it be Prudence, Judge Hiram Grey’s first wife, who disappeared during a fiery Vietnam War protest that destroyed parts of the campus? While Kellan and April dance around the chemistry sparking between them, a suspicious accident at the Fall Festival leaves Hiram in a coma and another dead body to investigate. Kellan’s research digs up a tale of horror and pain about the true history and dastardly connections of the Grey family, forcing April to accelerate her plan to capture the elusive killer and placate the revenge-seeking ghost.

Book Timeline

• AUGUST
    • Cover Reveal
    • Beta Reading / Final Editing
  • SEPTEMBER
    • Pre-Order
    • ARC Copies Available
  • OCTOBER
    • Official Release
    • Blog Tour

Note from the Author

As you’ve come to know, the titles in my books are usually 2 or 3 words with multiple meanings. In this one, I wavered between Haunted House GHOST and Haunted House GUEST… as Kellan’s cousin, Ulan, is visiting from Africa. What’s he got to do with the mysterious ghost appearances in the old Grey estate? Or is it really the late Prudence Grey who’s cursed all the inhabitants? I loved playing with this title but ultimately settled on Haunted House Ghost because it gives the ideal Halloween theme.

Autumn is my favorite season. I’ve spent extra time trying to create the perfect mood within the story… from trick-or-treating experiences to bonfires. I hope everyone enjoys reading the book when the crisp weather begins to arrive and we’re all excited about Halloween. Look for more to come on the specific dates and options in the near future. Now’s the time to catch up if you haven’t finished the first four books in the series.

Braxton Campus Mysteries Series

A new mystery series debuting in October 2018 focusing on amateur sleuth, Kellan Ayrwick, an early-thirties single father who solves crimes in his Pennsylvania hometown while attending to his day job as a professor at Braxton University. Oh yeah, he’s a Hollywood director too…

1. Academic Curveball: Death at the Sports Complex (Oct 2018)
  2. Broken Heart Attack: Death at the Theater (Dec 2018)
  3. Flower Power Trip: Death at the Masquerade Ball (Mar 2019)
  4. Mistaken Identity Crisis: Death on the Cable Car (Jun 2019)

About Me
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My stand-alone novels, Watching Glass Shatter and Father Figure, can be purchased on Amazon as electronic copies or physical copies. My new book series, Braxton Campus Mysteries, will fit those who love cozy mysteries and crime investigations but with a twist. There are five books: Academic CurveballBroken Heart Attack, Flower Power Trip, Mistaken Identity Crisis, and Haunted House Ghost. I read, write, and blog A LOT on this site where you can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.

26 thoughts on “Book Alert: Haunted House Ghost (Braxton Campus Mysteries #5) – Cover Reveal, Beta Reading, ARCs, Blog Tour & Release Dates

carhicks said:
    July 24, 2019 at 5:36 AM

Woo Hoo, time is fast approaching. Good luck with your editing.

July 24, 2019 at 6:52 AM

It is! I wake up in the morning thinking it is fall already, then I feel the heat. :O Thanks.

July 24, 2019 at 6:24 AM

Sounds wonderful, J! Congrats! 🙂

Shalini said:
    July 24, 2019 at 8:18 AM

What’s that? Can’t hear ya

Rosepoint Publishing said:
    July 24, 2019 at 8:19 AM

Alright, sounds like a good one and I love your orange highlighted text. Good one Jay. Looking forward to your new book!

July 24, 2019 at 5:21 PM

Hi! Thank you… yes, I tried to make it more of a Halloween post. I wish I had time to truly make the post haunted and creepy!

robbiesinspiration said:
    July 24, 2019 at 8:19 AM

I love ghost stories, Jay. I am looking forward to this one 🍾

July 24, 2019 at 5:22 PM

It’s definitely got a little bit of everything for Halloween. Some ghosts, terror, autumn festivals. I’d love to try a true ghostly horror story one day!

liyonadancer100 said:
    July 24, 2019 at 8:50 AM

Wait, this sounds amazing! I will definitely be checking this out! I love Autumn too, so I am excited to see how you evoke the coziness of that season. Also another mystery? I’m always down.

July 24, 2019 at 5:24 PM

Hi. Thank you. Yes, I actually wake up thinking it’s autumn lately. Trying to keep it fun and friendly but reminiscent of all the good seasonal stuff.

Martie said:
    July 24, 2019 at 9:23 AM

wowizers.

lghiggins said:
    July 24, 2019 at 9:43 AM

I love autumn, but I’m not really one for ghost stories. What I am is impressed. Five books in one year in addition to all your blogging efforts is amazing. Congratulations, Jay!

July 24, 2019 at 5:28 PM

Thank you so much! I appreciate it. It’s definitely not a supernatural or paranormal ghost story. I don’t want to give too much away, but there are a few things that happen that make it appear like there is a ghost. Whether there is or not is part of the mystery, but that’s only a small piece of the puzzle. 🙂

lghiggins said:
        July 24, 2019 at 6:56 PM

I definitely don’t want you to give too much away. I will say that there is another series, actually on a college campus too, that had a supernatural aspect–possibly. Sometimes we need to wonder about things. You gave me enough in your comment to let me know that I will enjoy this book!

July 24, 2019 at 7:46 PM

I think I know the one you’re talking about to.

Rae Reads said:
    July 24, 2019 at 7:25 PM

My, how prolific!

Laura said:
    July 25, 2019 at 11:13 AM

Congratulations on the writing anniversary, Jay.

Candace Peterson said:
    July 25, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Jay, excited to see the cover and the synopsis of Haunted House Ghost. Congratulations on your one year anniversary. Five books plus your two stand alone novels. Awesome job!

July 26, 2019 at 6:36 AM

Thank you, Candace. I’m very proud and excited of it, but mostly, I’m blessed with everyone I’ve met through books. Much gratitude. 🙂 Have a wonderful weekend.