Janet Evanovich (1943– Present) writes romance and mystery fiction. For more information on her, you can check Goodreads or Fantastic Fiction, two of my favorite sites. She is one of the most prolific and famous writers in these genres current times, as you can see by just the list of books I’ve read below, as well as the other series mentioned.
Book Series – Stephanie Plum Mysteries
I enjoy these books because she is a funny writer, full of bizarre and relate-able characters; some of which I’d love to meet, but some I would like to stay very far away from. Among my favorites, besides the main characters, Stephanie Plum, are Lula and Ranger. I’ve always been a Ranger / Stephanie fan, and although Joe Morelli can be a sweet guy sometimes, I like the dark and dangerous relationship just a bit more.
- Whenever Lula is eating something… that girl is crazy!
- Grandma Mazur and the gun. I’ve come close wetting myself!
- Whenever Stephanie gets hurt. It’s always hilarious… and you know she’ll come out of it OK, so I don’t worry.
- One for the Money (1994)
- Two for the Dough (1996)
- Three to Get Deadly (1997)
- Four to Score (1998)
- High Five (1999)
- Hot Six (2000)
- Seven Up (2001)
- Hard Eight (2002)
- To the Nines (2003)
- Ten Big Ones (2004)
- Eleven on Top (2005) — *Favorite
- Twelve Sharp (2006)
- Lean Mean Thirteen (2007)
- Fearless Fourteen (2008)
- Finger Lickin’ Fifteen (2009)
- Sizzling Sixteen (2009) — *Least Favorite
- Smokin’ Seventeen (2011)
- Explosive Eighteen (2011)
- Notorious Nineteen (2012)
- Takedown Twenty (2013) — not yet read
- Top-Secret Twenty-One (2014) — not yet read
- Tricky Twenty-Two (2015) — not yet read
- Turbo Twenty-Three (2016) — not yet read
- Hardcore Twenty-Four (2017) — not yet read
In addition to the above books, there are smaller novellas in the Stephanie Plum Series published in between the bigger books.
Beyond the Stephanie Plum series, the author’s also written several books in the following series:
- Fox and O’Hare (with Lee Goldberg) – currently 5 full-length books and several short in-between stories – mystery fiction genre
- “Handsome con man Nicolas Fox convinces the FBI to offer him a job, working side by side, with the dedicated and tenacious special agent Kate O’Hare.” (Goodreads)
- Full (with Charlotte Hughes) – currently 6 full-length books – romantic suspense genre
- “…full of fast-paced action, dysfunctional, loveable characters, steamy sex, suspense and non-stop hilarity. The series kicks off with Full House, featuring polo instructor Nicholas Kaharchek and divorced mother Billie Pearce. Starting in Full Tilt, the series shifts to Beaumont, South Carolina and a new romance between Jamie Swift, a local newspaper reporter, and Holt, a mysterious millionaire.” (Goodreads)
- Lizzy & Diesel – currently 3 full-length books, but Diesel is mentioned in the Stephanie Plum short novellas, too – mystery / romance / paranormal genre
- “Lizzy is an Unmentionable, with a special talent for finding things that Diesel needs. The Stones of Power have re-surfaced and Diesel needs to get to them before Wulf does. The Seven Stones of Power reflect each of the Seven Deadly Sins, the stone in this book dedicated to the sin of gluttony. The stones are known by the acronym SALIGIA, from the Latin names for the sins: superbia, avaritia, luxuria, invidia, gula, ira, & acedia, or pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, anger, & sloth.” (Goodreads)