black cat blue sea
Life has just gotten away from me in the last few months… between the 365 Daily Challenge, publishing two novels, reading ~100 books, and earning a living, I haven’t been able to keep up with all the wonderful awards that I’ve been blessed with. I’m so grateful to the blogging community for the love and support you’ve shown me and feel awful that I’ve gotten behind on about ~40 nominations or ping-backs. I’ve been trying to catch up, but it’s not working! So… I’ve decided for the next week, I am going to highlight several bloggers each day who have been generous enough to tag me…
These bloggers deserve the kudos and a celebrated mention so that more people can find out about them and/or connect with amazing people around the world. Below please find 7 blogs you should be checking out and following. I’ve included the original post they tagged me on as well as a response to a few questions or items from their tag. If I stay on schedule, I’ll be caught up and current on my tags within a week, and then I promise to try to stay on top of them going forward. Thank you to everyone for understanding. If I missed a tag or award, let me know. I will fix that! Much gratitude for sharing your blogs with me and in turn with the rest of the blogosphere!
Unique Blogger Award
- Books Teacup and Reviews
- Thank you to Yesha for being one of the first bloggers I connected with last year, giving me ideas for tea to try, and generally being a very friendly, open-minded, and fun blogger to interact with.
- What in the book makes you blindly request/purchase the book (without even checking ratings/reviews)?
- Usually just the author… otherwise I still want to know a bit about it!
Tell the Darkness to Get Lost Award
- Momentum of Jo
- Thank you to Jo for being such an incredibly kind, generous, and fun blogger to know. Between the inspiration she brings and the laughter she shares, this is one blogger we all need in our lives!
- There weren’t any questions here, just a list of amazing bloggers who push through the day to help others. If you are looking for someone new to follow, this is a MUST READ post.
Awesome Blogger Award
- Coffee Loving Bookoholic
- Thank you to Alex for being an amazing supporter of writers and bloggers. She has truly been someone that makes me smile whenever I see her posts, she tags me on every social media platform, or shares news about her life. She’s just let us know she’s moving, too… and I’m so excited for her!
- Do you collect anything other than books?
- Nope! I used to collect a lot when I was younger, but now I prefer less physical things and more digital things. It’s easier to read / view / sample when you are away from home!
Miranda Sings Award
- Des’ Random Thoughts
- Thank you to Des for sticking with me from the beginning. We’ve shared lots of comments over the last year and on random posts and topics. It’s always good to have someone international with a really great ability to see the world from so many cultures and places!
- Random Fact
- I will be in Italy for 2 weeks very soon. What must I eat and drink???
Black Cat Blue Sea Award
- The Orangutan Librarian
- Thank you to ‘R’ (not sure if she shares her name and I don’t want to accidentally reveal it!) for one of the most amazing book blogs ever… so amazing that we’re trying to get together for tea when I’m in London in a few weeks.
- Which bookish baddie would you least like to meet in an alleyway at night?
- Joe from “You” by Caroline Kepnes; however, I am not at liberty to say what we’d do… given he’s a serial killer, obsessed and lovesick puppy, and book fanatic, it could be lots of things! LEAST or MOST meet — I can’t decide!
Brotherhood of the World Award
- Misty’s Book Space
- Thank you to Misty for being such an amazing friend, blogger, book discussion confidante, reader, reviewer and supporter. Over the last year, we touch base several times a week on book recommendations, how my books are going, what’s going on in her beauty blog, or just general life stuff!
- What is your least read genre?
- Science Fiction or Fantasy. I’m trying to read more in it, but I tend to like boundaries in books, and without them, I never know what to expect. I like surprises, but if there are no rules, someone can come back from the dead 5 million times, so it’s never really over. That makes me confused! LOL
Sunshine Blogger Award
- Jacey K. Dew
- Thank you to Jacey for connecting with me (fairly recently) and nominating me. She’s an author, too, which is always a fun connection. I look forward to learning more about her this summer when I get back from vacation and look into her books and writing. It’s always good to share someone new with my friends, so welcome to Jacey!
- What is your favourite film and why?
- ‘Defending Your Life’ with Meryl Street (and tons of other stars but since I adore her, she’s what makes the film shine for me)… MUST WATCH!
- Since I’m doing a consolidated award post, I am offering two options to those I nominate (if you feeling like participating):
- (1) Follow my path and choose modified version of all 7
- (2) Pick any of these 7 awards and complete the whole thing, mentioning the original tagger and me
Many thanks to Invisible-No-More for nominating me for this award. It’s a really fun one with a cool image. Please check out her site as she has a stellar intro all about herself and why she’s chosen to blog. Go meet someone very interesting and thoughtful! It’s not every day you’ll find a personal journey that someone is willing to share.
What Is This Award
This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.
- anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers
- the nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator
- the questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
Questions to me
- Where do you look for inspirations for your blog posts?
- I think about lessons I’ve learned and people who have done something remarkable and generous. I figure out what needs to be shared between both of those items, and then I try to find a way to blog about it in a meaningful way. Sometimes it fails. Sometimes it works. In the end, I want there to be fun and a moment of shared thoughts about something important or impacting — in a positive way.
- How has your blog changed / evolved over time? Was the change in line with your expectations?
- It is not in line at all! When I first started, I thought I’d have a few followers on cozy mystery books. Suddenly, it involved into tags, awards, 365 Daily Challenges, my own novels, and a whole bunch of other things. I’m not even sure how it happened or what prompted all the growth. But I love it and apart from a few days where I cannot conjure the perfect topic, it’s been an amazing experience.
- What would you like to be doing in the future? Are you still blogging?
- Yes, I think I will always blog. It might change to a weekly post, and it may be more about my writing, but I want to connect with people thru my words. What do you want to hear about from me?
Questions to you
- What is your next big blogging goal?
- What is the first thing you do FOR YOURSELF every morning?
- Where do you go when you need a good wake-up call or advice?
Note: I chose only 3 people for this award as I was nominated earlier in the week for it. But since there were different questions, I wanted to participate again. So I pass it on to another 3 very inspirational bloggers!
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay and I live in NYC. By profession, I work in technology. By passion, I work in writing. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.