You’ve seen the Father Figure Book Blitz all week long… now you can Download it for FREE via Amazon as a Kindle e-read from Sunday May 6th through Thursday May 10th.
- Published on April 2nd, 2018
- Genres: Contemporary Fiction / Family Drama / Mystery
- ‘New Adult’ with focus on two 18-year-old women in college
- Suspenseful cliffhangers in each chapter
- Two timelines / story lines
- Some romance elements in both story lines
- It’s my 2nd novel
- Watching Glass Shatter was published on October 8th, 2017
Between the fast-paced New York City, a rural Mississippi town and a charming Pennsylvania college campus filled with secrets, two young girls learn the consequences of growing up too quickly.
Amalia Graeme, abused by her mother for most of her life, longs to escape her desolate hometown and fall in love. Contemplating her loss of innocence and conflicting feelings between her boyfriend and the dangerous attraction she’s developed for an older man, Amalia faces life-altering tragedies.
Brianna Porter, a sassy, angst-ridden teenager raised in New York City, yearns to find her life’s true purpose, conquer her fear of abandonment, and interpret an intimidating desire for her best friend, Shanelle. Desperate to find the father whom her mother refuses to reveal, Brianna accidentally finds out a shocking truth about her missing parent.
Set in alternating chapters two decades apart, the parallels between their lives and the subsequent collision that is bound to happen is revealed. FATHER FIGURE is an emotional story filled with mystery, romance, and suspense.
Recent Review Highlights
- “A book I stayed up all night to finish. Practical as I am, I’ve never done that before. This is Cudney’s second book and I have read both. He has the ability to create human emotion as specifically required by the characters he creates. He tells this story from the point of view of the two female characters. Surely, he has a deep understanding of and human nature… All the character threads are intrinsically entwined, the twists and turns unexpected. It makes me wonder how this young author understands so much that he is able to turn his knowledge of life into a story such as this. Surely, he has a phenomenal imagination.”
- “Secrets are unearthed, revelations come to light and you realize that Cudney truly IS a mastermind. A genius scheming writer. He places seemingly innocent facts here and there, fortuitous encounters, little crumbs and we don’t realize all the intricate connections between these threads before a big reveal!”
- “Father Figure took me down a new emotional highway revisiting places I’d been before and felt uncomfortable visiting again but knew I needed to see to understand these characters, along with some new places that made me feel bonded to these characters in an unusually intimate way. This is a cracking novel that you don’t want to miss.”
- “The angst I had reading this book, stays with me long after. My heart aches for the characters, yet I see a story that was beautifully written. I never got lost in the course of this book, and in the end I was blown away! Seriously folks, I am letting the emotions I am free falling from write this review.”
- “Father Figure is powerful, emotional, and breath taking! With a hard-hitting story line, and amazingly dynamic characters, this one is sure to impress! For those who love stories of struggle, heartache, and overcoming obstacles, you need to pick this one up!”
Key Book Marketing Links
Raise your hand if you’re a bookaholic or you want to find a new writer, learn what novels some of your favorite authors are reading, or find new book reviewer and blogger recommendations. I sure am and this month N. N. Light is giving away everything a booklover could want: books and bookish prizes. In fact, I’m one of the authors participating and you could win “Father Figure” . The list is long and personally, I’d love to win myself but alas, I can’t. So, I’ll just hope you’ll win instead.
With so many wonderful authors and books available, it’s imperative to have a reliable and trustworthy place that can help you choose what to read. It’s even better when you get a chance to win free books through a giveaway! Every month, enter to win free books from multiple authors via N. N. Light’s Book Heaven. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo this month!
Enter the GIVEAWAY here to participate in this new multi-author giveaway. All genres are included whether it’s novels from debuting authors to award-winning/bestselling authors with multiple books and/or series. The best part — it’s all free for readers to enter, as authors are generously donating copies of their books as well as other prizes each month to help find new fans and build up their reading communities. Be part of this wonderful new group right now. You never know which surprising authors might just show up on the list this year!
Rafflecopter: a easy and fun giveaway site you need to look into
You might remember that one of my author alerts a few weeks ago was the dynamic and fantastic Lina Langley who published another, Welcome to Crash, last year. Click the links here to see her dedicated author page and my book review. Both were popular posts in December… well, she’s taken it a step further by hosting an amazing giveaway contest you can enter via the Rafflecopter site: Enter Giveaway.
Lina’s offering 9 books to one lucky winner — open for US entries — through early February. See the graphics below for all included books; some even have signatures!
- For those of you new to Rafflecopter, it’s a great place to win free books (and other items, too). Authors and Readers should stop by.
- For those of you new to Lina, she’s a must-read in several genres: queer and spec fiction, sci-fi and romance. You want to read her book!
- For those of you new to or interested in these genres, there are tons of great books to research below. Go get ’em!
Good Luck to Everyone!!!
About Me & the “365 Daily Challenge”
I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My debut novel, Watching Glass Shatter, can be purchased on Amazon @ http://mybook.to/WGS. I’ve always been a reader. And now I’m a daily blogger. I decided to start my own version of the “365 Daily Challenge” where since March 13, 2017, I’ve posted a characteristic either I currently embody or one I’d like to embody in the future. 365 days of reflection to discover who I am and what I want out of life.
The goal: Knowledge. Acceptance. Understanding. Optimization. Happiness. Help. For myself. For others. And if all else fails, humor. When I’m finished in one year, I hope to have more answers about the future and what I will do with the remainder of my life. All aspects to be considered. It’s not just about a career, hobbies, residence, activities, efforts, et al. It’s meant to be a comprehensive study and reflection from an ordinary man. Not a doctor. Not a therapist. Not a friend. Not an encyclopedia full of prior research. Just pure thought, a blogged journal with true honesty.
Join the fun and read a new post each day, or check out my book reviews, TV/Film reviews or favorite vacation spots. And feel free to like, rate, comment or take the poll for each post. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators.
I’ve created an Amazon Giveaway for my novel, Watching Glass Shatter. You can enter at the link below to win a Kindle edition before January 17th. All you need to do is tweet about the book. Details @:
Watching Glass Shatter was published on October 8th, 2017 and is available for purchase in both electronic and physical print form. It has 300+ reviews, averaging 4.7 on Amazon & 4.3 on Goodreads in a 5 point scale.
The wealthy Glass family lost its patriarch, Benjamin Glass, sooner than expected. Benjamin’s widow, Olivia, and her 5 sons each react to his death in their own way while preparing for the reading of his will. Olivia receives a very unexpected confession from her late husband about one of their sons that could shatter the whole family.
Prior to revealing the secret to her children, Olivia must figure out which boy Ben refers to in the confession he left her in his will. While the family attorney searches for the mysterious Rowena Hector whom Ben says holds the answers, Olivia asks her sons to each spend a week with her as she isn’t ready to let go of the past. When Olivia visits her sons, she quickly learns that each one has been keeping his own secret from her. Olivia never expected her remaining years would be so complex and life-altering, but she will not rest until her family is reunited after Ben’s untimely death.
We all need family. We all want to fit in. We’re all a mix of quirky personalities. Will Olivia be able to fix them or will the whole family implode? What will she do when she discovers the son behind Ben’s secret? Check out this ensemble cast where each family member’s perspective is center stage, discovering along the way who might feel the biggest impact from all the secrets. Through various scenes and memories across a six-month period, you’ll get to know everyone, learning how and why they made certain decisions. Welcome to being an honorary member of the Glass family where the flair for over-the-top drama pushes everyone to their limits.
You can see sample chapters and descriptions at: https://jamesjcudney.com/
- The book went on a 17-day blog tour from 11/5 thru 11/21. You can read all posts via this one location by clicking here.
- Jay was a guest on the Artist First radio segment on Tuesday, November 14th from 6 to 7pm. To listen to the recorded 1-hour broadcast for news on the book and author, click here.
Book Reviews & Interviews
- In addition to Goodreads and Amazon, you can find a central link to some very fun and in-depth book reviews and author interviews here
2018 Short Story Collection
- Polls closed on 11/20 and you selected ETHAN as your favorite character. He will be the focus of the first published short story in the 2018 collection (March 2018)
- A 2018 sequel for Watching Glass Shatter was announced; it’s too hard to let go of the Glass family — they have many more stories to share. More information on launch timing to be available in early 2018.