no good tea goes unpunished
About the Author
- List of Books & Series
- Seaside Café Mysteries (Bree Baker)
- Kitty Couture Mysteries (Julie Chase)
- Tree Farm Mysteries (Jacqueline Frost)
- Cider Shop Mysteries [fall 2019] (Julie Anne Lindsey)
- Harlequin Intrigue (Julie Anne Lindsey)
- Geek Girl Mysteries (Julie Anne Lindsey)
- Patience Price Mysteries (Julie Anne Lindsey)
- Social Media Links
- What are your real, author, and/or pen names?
- My real name is Julie Anne Lindsey. I write as myself for Harlequin Intrigue and also at Kensington, where my new Cider Shop Mysteries series begins this fall. I write as Julie Chase AND as Jacqueline Frost for Crooked Lane Books, and for Sourcebooks I am Bree Baker.
- What is your location?
- I live in Northeastern Ohio.
- How long have you been published? What titles and/or series have you published and with which publisher? Have you self-published any titles?
- I published my first short story in 2012. Since then I’ve published more than 25 novels, 2 short stories and 3 novellas. My new Cider Shop Mysteries series begins in November with Kensington. I’m currently publishing the Seaside Café Mysteries with Sourcebooks, the Kitty Couture Mysteries and the Tree Farm mysteries with Crooked Lane Books, plus I write romantic suspense for Harlequin Intrigue.
- Do you belong to any writing groups? Which ones?
- Yes! I’m a national and local member of Sisters in Crime and Romance Writers of America. I’m also the current PAN Coordinator for the mystery and suspense chapter of RWA called Kiss of Death, and I belong to the International Thriller Writers.
- What are your hobbies and interests besides writing?
- Coffee, cats and Wine, plus reading!
- What’s your goal in writing? Any social issues you want to cover?
- I write to provide readers with an escape. It’s the reason I read, and I write to return the favor, or at least to pass it on.
- What gave you the idea for your book?
- I have a busy mind. The ideas never stop. It’s exhausting.
- When did you know that you wanted to be an author? What things, if any, influenced that decision?
- I read Twilight in2010 and it gave me a much needed escape from the chaos of my life. When I put it down, I realized that I wanted to do that for someone else.
- Do you work from an outline or plot or do you just see where the characters take you?
- I’m a dedicated outliner. Writing for four publishers as five people while raising three kids and trying to stay sane requires serious time management and outlines keep me on track to deliver 6-7 novels a year.
- Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you do anything special to get those reviews?
- I rarely read reviews. The positive ones feel amazing, but the mean ones really sting, and when people are cruel, it can take a long time for me to emotionally recover.
- What have you learned about yourselves since becoming an author?
- I’ve learned that I’m tougher than I thought, more determined and resilient too!
- Do you write full-time or part-time?
- I am a full time author.
- What do your plans for future projects include?
- I’ve got a tight writing schedule through March 2020 which will provide manuscripts for releases through the end of that year. In addition, I have several new ideas brewing, I just need a little time to write up their proposals.
- What do you think the hardest part of writing is? What is the easiest?
- For me, the writing is easy, finding the time to do it is a nightmare!
- What type of books do you like to read? Who are some of your favorite authors?
- I try to read broadly. I belong to a local book club that reads bestsellers across genres, plus I read cozy mystery and romantic suspense to keep myself on top of the genres I write. I also listen to audio books on my 4 hour daily commute in anything from psychological suspense to YA, to sci-fi romance! And I’m currently reading the Harry Potter series. I read it all!
- Name 3 influential authors on you and tell us why.
- Janet Evanovich because she always makes me smile
- Susan Mallery because she melts my heart.
- Stephen King because….STEPHEN KING.
- If you could co-write a book with a famous author who would it be? If it was another writer you admire but isn’t well known, who would it be?
- In my dreams I would write with Janet Evanovich, my favorite author ever.
NEXT BOOK – No Good Tea Goes Unpunished – February 26th, 2019
Don’t marry into murder…
Catering her childhood friend’s beachfront wedding was a dream come true for Everly Swan—and, with hundreds of guests in attendance, great exposure for her new iced tea shop and café. But when the well-to-do groom is found floating facedown in the surf, the locals of Charm, North Carolina turn their suspicions on his new bride. Could she have been so desperate to lay hands on his fortune that she arranged for his murder even before they set off on their honeymoon?
Everly knows her lovestruck friend couldn’t be behind the murder, but with clues pointing in several directions, she can’t decide which wedding guest is the most likely culprit. Meanwhile, the frustratingly handsome Detective Hays has made it clear that Everly should stay out of the investigation altogether. But with a killer on the loose and a feeling that someone is watching her café very closely, Everly knows that if she can’t solve this murder soon, her cake might be iced for good.
Don’t miss your opportunity to pre-order Bree’s book via Amazon right now!
For those new to me or my reviews… here’s the scoop: I’m Jay, an author who lives in NYC. My stand-alone novels, Watching Glass Shatter and Father Figure, can be purchased on Amazon as electronic copies or physical copies. My new book series, Braxton Campus Mysteries, will fit those who love cozy mysteries and crime investigations. There are three books: Academic Curveball, Broken Heart Attack, and Flower Power Trip (March 2019). I read, write, and blog A LOT on this site where you can also find all my social media profiles to get the details on the who/what/when/where and my pictures. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thanks for stopping by. Note: All written content is my original creation and copyrighted to me, but the graphics and images were linked from other sites and belong to them. Many thanks to their original creators. Follow my blog with Bloglovin.
This entry was posted in Author Spotlight, My Blog and tagged Author Spotlight, bree baker, Cozy, jacqueline frost, julie anne lindsey, julie chase, mystery, no good tea goes unpunished, seaside cafe.